Your Internet -- Don't Leave Home Without It!

Eeyore's Pal

Trading pins since before there were rubber backs
Our DISpal Ruthie (RAMVA) headed South last weekend for 10 days of fun and frolic with her family at WDW.

Ruthie told me she wouldn't be trading much because she was taking two of her kids, and her granddaughter. And, she wanted to <i>save</I> her pins for the September Event. :rolleyes:

So instead of carefully organizing her pins, checking pinpics, making lists of wants, and upcoming releases . . . Ruthie headed off to WDW <i>clueless and internet-less!</i> :eek:

The family van rolled into Orlando on Sunday, late afternoon.

Monday morning, at 10 AM, I get a frantic call on my cell phone:
<i>"Robyn! Help! I need pinpics info for all these new rack pins! What are all these new attraction pins? How many are there? Are there any special pins coming out? What about this Chip & Dale pin? Someone offered me this trade, and I can't figure out if I should do it because I don't know if my pin is trading well.....Help!"</i>

I could have hung up on her. :smooth: But, instead, I did what any loyal DISpal would do. I spent the entire evening assembling pinpics data, WDW pin release info from Dizpins, cutting/pasting, and preparing a five-page fax packed with up-to-date notes for my Internet-less pal. :teeth:

So the next time your non-pin traveling companion suggests that you won't need internet access during your WDW vacation . . . please nod wisely, and pack your laptop. :jester:

Funny that I read this as I get ready to pack away the computer for 2 weeks. I leave tomorrow for Disney via South of the Border and the beach. We get to Fort Wilderness August 10, but may get into town as early as August 8th. I was going to take the lap top but decided against it. Can't get internet access in the camper. Guess I'll have to wing it!
Maybe I'll run into some of you at the Magic Kingdom.
Kim:D

Hey Robyn,

What a friend you are? Great Job. I sure Ruthie really appreciates it.

I alway say people at home know more then the people in the parks as far as pins are concerned.

Could I have your phone number for the next time i go? lol

Darlene

Geez Darlene.....you beat me to it. I was gonna ask Robyn for her phone number. :rolleyes:

Robyn--she knew she could count on you. What a great thing to do for a friend. :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Robyn, thanks for sharing your rithie story - I got a good laugh!

BTW did she mention if she found any Mickey head scissors :)? Forget the pins ... I want the scissors for scrapbooking, & I heard they are/were in stock this week.

For all those who need pin info while away --
You may email me anytime, and I will do my best to oblige.
I never leave my email at home. . . I can even read it from my cell phone. :rolleyes:

If you need my cell # for on-the-go pintrading info, please email me directly: brnside2@yahoo.com. :cool:

<i>Please Note:</i> Your first consultation is <b>free.</b> You will need a valid credit card to cover the charges for subsequent sessions. ;)

<b>Judith --</b> I will speak to Ruthie late tonight or early tomorrow, and I will check on the status of your Mickey scissors. I know its on her list, because she mentioned it to me twice. :D

Why do I picture Ruthie looking like this when she called Robyn Monday morning?

pin4698

:teeth: :teeth:

LOL! Dom...that was too funny.

Robyn, you could turn this into a service!!

We don't have a laptop. That never used to bother me, but now all of a sudden I feel very anxious....

;)

Were you able to tell her about all the surprise pins that came out last week. She sure hit the surprise pin week! Tell Ruthie hi for me......Already know what a good pin friend you are :)

Mickey Scissors?

Robyn, Could you email Ruthie and tell her to email me - no wait that will not work- she does have a lap top.

Robyn, I need Mickey Scissors - never hears of them, but is something I must have.

Can anyone help me get Mickey scissors -

Darlene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter