Your January 2020 thoughts please?

marikoj

Earning My Ears
Here I go, over thinking things... We're planning an adults trip with another couple for January 2020. We're looking around Thursday Jan 9 and flying home Sunday the 12th. Our friend suggested we go Wednesday the 8th instead and come home Saturday, thinking that we'd better avoid crowds on Saturday. I'm thinking that it's the off season between Christmas and whatever theme they start next and it won't be crowded enough to make a difference. But then maybe the new ride in SWGE will have opened, or AP's won't be blocked out and so there WILL be a big difference in Wednesday vs Saturday in the parks. Also, the wife would really like the best opportunity to see WOC and F! so we'd need a Friday and Saturday night to see both if they're even running in early January. I'm still over 6 months out from this trip so I know the Disney calendar won't be updated for awhile, let alone the entertainment and dining packages, so I turn to you, the experts for your help! Thanks you!

You will have ride closures, reduced operating hours and staffing levels so although there might be fewer people there, it can feel just as crowded. But thats not to say you can't have a good time but you should take that into consideration.

If I were you I'd diffenately go on Saturday. Much longer operating hours, all shows that are running that time of the year, and all but the Signature passes will be blocked out. Whatever you decide have a great time.

HM may be down during your dates for the removal of the holiday overlay. IASWH will probably still be running and go down after HM comes back up. But as the pp noted, be prepared for other ride refurbs, some announced with short notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter