Your most proud moment

This makes me so happy!!! You might remember from the other thread my son also has ADHD and autism as well (iiiitss a small world after all!). He is in all mainstream classes for the time being (this may change next year) and his problems lie more with behavior as well. If I could go a week without a note/phone call home I think I'd buy him a car lol.

No judgement here. I don't think I took my son until he was 2....and even then we didn't go every week until he was like 5. Now it's one of our favorite things to do together. At our church kids stay for the first part and then they break off into Sunday school classes. So we enjoy some time together, then he hears the same message I do on his own level, then after we go to lunch together and talk about it. We usually go to a movie after lunch. My favorite day of the week!

Wow you should be so proud of your DD! Amazing how many of us here have kids with special needs.

Good job with the sight words, mama! That's huge in kindergarten and your daughter will have such a leg up. Also kudos to both of you on the swimming! That is no small feat to learn how to swim as an adult!

Thank you. I appreciate the support. :)

My DS is 10 and has given me many proud moments-- I often tell people I am the luckiest person in the world, to get to be his Mom. I became his mom when he was 20 months old. In his short life, before coming to me, he had survived a hole in his heart, pneumonia, failure to thrive and life in an orphanage-- just to name a few challenges. He has overcome so much and is such a sweet, creative and positive kid. While he definitely marches to the beat of a different drummer than many kids his age, he seems very comfortable with that. We still have night terrors on occasion and some separation anxiety at times-- but he has come so far. He constantly amazes me!

It doesn't sound like we need to keep the topics strictly disney, so how about we brag on our kids a little?? What is something your kid has done that made you proud? The great thing about being a single parent is that we can take (most of) the credit for these accomplishments!

My son makes me proud every day (almost haha) but one thing that really stands out to me was several months ago my son had a note from his teacher in his take home folder from school. He has behavior issues so I started to brace myself for what it said. But it was a note telling me that my son had stood up for a child who was being bullied in the cafeteria! It made me cry. Sometimes you question how you are doing as a parent but something like that makes you so proud of your child and proud of how you are doing on your own too.

That is so awesome!!

I can think of a recent moment but it's small.

I try to instill "sir" and "m'am" into DS6 for when he doesn't know someone's name so he is not shouting "hey you!" (Pet peeve!)

But I'm not always on it and I don't make him call me mam or anything but..

There was a fair in town and we went and DS goes into the one ride and I'm waiting outside the fence and the operator tells him which helicopter to get on and walks away. I could tell DS didn't hear him and I was waiting for "hey! What did you say?!" But no. DS said "Sir! Sir! Excuse me! Sir, what color did you say to get on?"

I know it's so so small but my heart just filled at how polite he was. It is so tiny but I am so proud every time as well when I hear a please or thank you come out of him without me reminding him. :)

That is so awesome!!

I can think of a recent moment but it's small.

I try to instill "sir" and "m'am" into DS6 for when he doesn't know someone's name so he is not shouting "hey you!" (Pet peeve!)

But I'm not always on it and I don't make him call me mam or anything but..

There was a fair in town and we went and DS goes into the one ride and I'm waiting outside the fence and the operator tells him which helicopter to get on and walks away. I could tell DS didn't hear him and I was waiting for "hey! What did you say?!" But no. DS said "Sir! Sir! Excuse me! Sir, what color did you say to get on?"

I know it's so so small but my heart just filled at how polite he was. It is so tiny but I am so proud every time as well when I hear a please or thank you come out of him without me reminding him. :)

I don't think that's small. That is definitely something to be proud of. You're doing a great job!

My son is 4 and on Valentine's Day I had a girls night with a couple friends and his normal daycare watched him for me for a couple hours. They said when they gave him dinner they gave him a little bit of soda because that's what their kids were having and he said no I don't like that can I have some water when he tasted it. That was a proud moment for me that he asked for water instead.

I've also already started teaching him to open doors for me (I still help grab it when they are heavy) as I just think that's a polite thing a man should do and figure his significant other will thank me some day in the far far future lol

My 18 month old baby boy Caden amazes me, makes me laugh, and so proud to be his mom everyday. He doesn't really have to do anything to make me feel this way about him. He is just being him and that is wonderful. He talks so much now and I enjoy hearing his little voice all the time. I also love when he dances and sings Disney songs with me.

My big boy just got his new forward facing car seat today (Graco 4ever). I love it and so does he! He looks like such a big boy in it! My baby is growing up. I can't wait to road trip with him in it when we drive to WDW! Just my buddy and me. :)

Haha I agree they look so cute in their big forward facing car seats! I can't wait for the milestone when my son gets out of the car seat!!!! He's almost 8 so I've been dealing with them for awhile. He rides in a britax parkway and it's still very similar to a traditional car seat. The daycare he goes to in the summer does a field trip almost every day and you have to bring a booster for their van. No way was I uninstalling (it still uses latch) and carrying that heavy thing in every morning, then carrying it back out and reinstalling every evening. I bought a backless graco turbo booster to keep at daycare very quickly. I do still like him in a high back booster most of the time though. I finally saw the light at the end of the car seat tunnel but then our state raised the high requirement 8 inches. But anyway his parkway is rated for 7 inches higher than the requirement and I'll probably keep him in the seat until he outgrows it because I'm that mom. I kept him rear facing until 3! I used to work in an emergency room...haha. Still I dream about the day when I can look back and not see a dirty car seat.

Yeah, I was just telling my bff that this Graco 4ever says it can be used until they are 10 years old and holds up to 120 lbs. I didn't know kids stayed in car seat that long. DS was so tired of looking at the back seat in his infant carrier. Now, my big boy is happily looking around and playing with his cup holders. :)

I'm sure I'll be pretty sick of car seats by 8 years old too. I don't blame you for getting a booster seat to leave at the daycare. :)

Last edited:
I wish there was the 4ever when I was buying car seats...It looks really cool! I think I've had 4 for my little man. I had an infant bucket seat, then a bigger seat but still rear facing, then a bigger one still that faced rear that I eventually turned around, then I bought the britax parkway when he started kindergarten. I also bought the backless booster for daycare. His baby sitter uses that one also. So I guess that's 5. His booster goes to 63" and 120 lbs....idk if I'll keep him in it that long but definitely for quite some time. Our state law is 8 years and 56" with no weight requirement...my son is neither of those but getting close to both.

Oh wow, I was hesitant to spend the money for another car seat (after buying that travel system). I was so tempted to go with a less expensive toddler seat; however, I'm glad I got the 4ever...especially since he'll be in it so long. It is a really cool car seat though! My bff said, "his car seat looks like a space ship." LOL

Sounds like you're real close to being done with car seats. Little man will be in a regular seat in no time. Yay! :)

Oh I'm sure you saved money with the 4ever. It's around 300, yes? My sons booster was $130 and the backless booster for daycare was around $30. Each of the other 3 I bought were between $150-$200 if I'm recalling correctly. I wish they had that when my son was younger...I would have pulled the trigger on that for sure!

Whoa! I had no idea booster seats cost that much! Ok, now I certainly feel better about buying the 4ever, thank you! Yes, it was $300; however, I used a 15% off coupon.

It's a small thing, but when my oldest was 3 I left work early with a migraine headache, picked him up from daycare, and brought him home. I told him that I was sick and needed to rest. My worst migraines give me nausea and this was one of them - I left him in the living room while my nausea brought me into the bathroom. After about 5 minutes he came in with a pillow and a Lightning McQueen sleeping bag and laid it out on the floor for me and said I should be resting.

He's had some great moments since but that time still stands out as when I was very impressed by his compassion.

It's a small thing, but when my oldest was 3 I left work early with a migraine headache, picked him up from daycare, and brought him home. I told him that I was sick and needed to rest. My worst migraines give me nausea and this was one of them - I left him in the living room while my nausea brought me into the bathroom. After about 5 minutes he came in with a pillow and a Lightning McQueen sleeping bag and laid it out on the floor for me and said I should be resting.

He's had some great moments since but that time still stands out as when I was very impressed by his compassion.

Awww that is so sweet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter