• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your opinion on this

SheDaisy0088

Mouseketeer
I was considering buying an FRS Radio for our upcoming trip to Disney. We are considering buying 3 of them.

One for me, my husband and my son. Now my son will be almost 5 at the time. The reason that we are thinking about getting one for him to wear is that being a typical 4.5 year old he has a tendency to wonder off. Our way of thinking is that if he gets lost and a CM finds him it will make finding him much easier and quick.

Any and all sugestions are appreciated!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We have three FRS radios. My suggestion is to get the type with the sub channels as the ones without are basically useless because of the amt of radio traffic on the main channels. We found the TalkAbouts to be the best for us. We bought a Uniden for our seven year old but found that it became a pain because it has a search function that constantly went off while he had it on. We would be on one set of channels and he would suddenly be on another. I think next time we go one of us will carry the Uniden and let him carry the TalkAbout as it does not have this search thing on it. We bought the one for ds for just the reason you stated. He tends to stay with us and we are EXTREMELY vigillant with watching where he is but there is always the chance that he could get swept up in a crowd or no matter how vigillant we are he could wander. This way either he or a cast member could contact us immediately and it would be much easier to find him. We have the TalkAbout FR60 which retail for about 40.00 each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter