Your Opinion - Which Moderate Resort to Choose

kentuckywinter

Mouseketeer
Hi there -
I've only travelled to Disney once and it was during college. We were there for a dance competetion and stayed at All-Star Sports.

We're planning a trip for late summer and we're going to stay at a moderate resort. I've looked at all of them and they all seem to have their positives. Other than preference of their theme, I was hoping you all might be able to give me opinions as to your favorites.

Also, if there one that's better for getting to the resorts quicker? We'll be using the Disney transportation to get to and from the parks.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Have a great day!!! :goodvibes

We are going in october and staying in the pirate themed rooms at CBR. I think it will be fun for the kids. Of course i am just (if not more) as excited as they are. The new pool also looks great, zero entry and a little kids play area. Can't wait til October.:banana:

The only moderates we have stayed at have been POR and POFQ. I enjoy staying at both of these resorts the next time we stay at a moderate it will be CSR my dd really wants to stay there b/c she likes their pool the most but CBR's main pool has just gone through a major overhaul. My only problem w/ cbr is they don't have elevators and for people w/ small children that could be a problem I know it would be for us but I would require a ground for room for handicap accessibility for my 5yr old b/c she doesn't walk. Overall no matter where you stay you will have a good time regardless.

Have only stayed at POR, but loved it!! A very pretty resort, several bus stops so one is likely close, and DS loved seeing the bunnies and ducks around the grounds. We had a fridge in our room, there is a sit-down restaurant on sight - which we loved, as well as the food court, and a boat to DTD - which was great! If you are there long enough to want a break from the fast pace of the parks, you can rent surry bikes or small boats right there, as well. You can also use both themed pools - POR and POFQ.

We stayed at Port Orleans years ago and it was nice but I don't know that I thought it was much better than the value. Thanksgiving 2007 we stayed at Coronado and hated it. Had problems with cleanliness (my kids brand new socks were black moments after putting them on from just walking around the bed), door to our room not being closed all the way by housekeeping and other little things. We will never stay there again. Now we have stayed at All Stars and Pop Century and have been really pleased with them.

We are staying at CSR. From what I have read and seen it seems like the best choice for us personally, especially since they upgraded all of their standard rooms with queen size beds and rehabbed all of the decor in the rooms. It was the little bit of adult I needed since we will be surrounded by kid related things the whole 10 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter