Your opinion Wyndham Grand vs Disney Value (all stars)

eliasjohn

Earning My Ears
Your opinion, I’m
Finding similar pricing (for around New Year’s Eve).
Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek
vs
the Disney All Stars (seeing Movies and Animation)

All things being equal (besides Wyndham resort fee and Disney Magical Express),
Would love your opinion
We have a 4 year old son who I think would love the pirate pool at Bonnet Creek.

Thanks in advance!

Apples and Oranges for this, you just can't compare what you will get other than the transportation.

Note: No guarantee on weather NYE time for swimming if that is a big sway factor. I was "told by staff" that all the pools EXCEPT THE PIRATE SHIP POOL are heated.

As HopperFan notes, they are completely different styles of lodging, which makes them tough to compare. Disney's Value Resorts are glorified motels with exterior entry and tiny, tiny rooms. They are 260 square feet (about 24 square meters).

Although I couldn't find an exact figure for room size at the Wyndham Grand, I think it's safe to say that their rooms are significantly larger than 260 square feet.

For what it's worth, the Wyndham Grand earned a 4-Diamond rating by AAA. Out of all the hotels AAA inspects, only about 6.1 percent earn a 4-Diamond rating. For comparison, Disney's All-Star Movies Resort earned a 2-Diamond rating.

Wyndham Grand AAA page: http://www.aaa.com/travelinfo/flori...grand-orlando-resort-bonnet-creek-179870.html
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort AAA page: http://www.aaa.com/travelinfo/flori...ls/disneys-all-star-movies-resort-107278.html

I'm a diehard and would stay onsite at a value.

Overall, it will just be easier onsite. With a 4 year old you may be doing naps and it's again just easier and quicker to be onsite.

You'll have fun whatever you do. I'm personally a fan of timeshare resorts as long as you don't do a timeshare presentation. It just feels calmer offsite and they are such nice quality places for a great price. When I had little ones they enjoyed the hotel swimming as much as the parks, so a nice peaceful resort like the Windom Grand was a real plus.

But really and truly, do whichever appeals to you more for this trip. Do you want to be in the bubble? I usually prefer outside, as inside I feel trapped to eat Disney food and stop in more Disney gift shops that I care too as they are all over.

Another consideration: Is your child one who will be enthralled with the larger than life icons/statues/decorations of a Disney value? If so, maybe do that. When DS was five or so he was really into Herbie the Love Bug, so my parents instead of their normal offsite lovely condo on a short stayed at All Star Movies (called it the Herbie Hotel) for a few nights with him, as he wanted to go there. Has your four year old made any special requests (probably too young)? In our case, DS had found out about this place on behind the scenes info on one of his Herbie movies and said he'd love to go there sometime if he could. My parents requested that building, had him wear his Herbie shirt and carry his Herbie car, so they'd have a really good chance of them giving them the building they requested too (How can you put a kid wearing his Herbie shirt and carrying his Herbie car who wants to stay in the Herbie building anywhere else?). He was do delighted with the statues, wall paper, photos, everything, and that this made staying in a less luxurious place for a short while so totally worth it.

With the exception of something like this, I'd do the Wyndham unless you want to be in the bubble or care a lot about onsite perks -- transportation, earlier fastpass selection. I usually value a nicer/calmer place more than these things.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter