Your opinions on these ADR's with celiac

deblikestotravel

Earning My Ears
Made our ADR's this morning for our Aug trip. Our DD16 has celiac disease. Does anyone have any opinions on these locations?
Lunch at LTT. The rest are dinners, AP, Le Cellier, 50's, 1900 PF, Cali Grill, Rose & Crown and Spoodles.

Any comments appreciated. She is also a somewhat picky eater.

Thanks so much.
Deb:flower3:

My dd was diagnosed with celiac, which turned out to be just a gluten intolerance which she has outgrown, and we did a few special meals 2 year ago with her. LTT was one of them.

I found all sit down meals at WDW to be awesome. The chef came out and talked with her specifically. He asked her what she liked and disliked (and she was only 2). He went from there. He made her rice rolls, mac and cheese, etc. At Garden Grill, he even came back out halfway through to make sure she liked it.

Just note it when you make the ressie, then mention it again when you check in.

Bon appetit!!

My DD2 has celiac and I think I may too but WDW is one of the safest places for us to eat at. Make sure they noted on your ADR about the celiac and gluten and get the phone # to call for the specific location; usually you call and leave a msg then the chef will call you back and answer all of your questions. I have to call and work on our ADR's only have 2 made because I misplaced the phone #'s to call. My DD's meals are a little difficult because she is also allergic to dairy and eggs. We have excellent experiences at Counter services too; at CS just go in and wait in line then when you get to the ordering station just ask for a manager then you step to the side to wait and the manager comes out then gives you the book with all the food info in it and they help you decide along with making suggestions. Such a great dining experience overall at Disney with CD and FA's!!

Thanks for your replies. I was wondering how CS would work, sounds like we should be okay. This is still somewhat new to us and can be overwhelming at times.

Deb

I am also wondering a bit about the CS. TS I've read enough about and already emailed that I'm sure we'll be fine.

I know CS's have The Book, but just looking for a general guideline in terms of what places might be better to accomodate because I'm more than willing to go to those places.

For example, I read that Cosmic Ray's carries kosher. I am thinking this would be good, as kosher hot dogs are often the ones that are gfcf, in general the kosher food is less likely to have a no-no ingredient for us. Yes, probably the others would accomodate, but I would think some places it would just be easier to do it.

I personally wouldn't even attempt Toy Story Pizza Planet. I know they do have a gf pizza crust (Amy's) but on top of that, we have to deal with no dairy (so soy or rice cheese) and no onion (onion powder is in alot of tomato-based sauces like ketchup and pizza sauce). Maybe they could do it, maybe they couldn't, but I also wouldn't mind going to a different CS if I knew the options were readily available. I wouldn't want to go to Toy Story, wait in line, then find out there's really nothing there he can eat.

If that makes any sense. ;)

Cosmic Rays is the best!! We had rotisserie chicken with green beans and then had the mashed potatoes in a side cup for me. The chicken was free from gluten, dairy (casein) and eggs so were the green beans since they were made with a parve butter substitute, the mashed potatoes were GF and EF but obviously not DF so they were very helpful with this. The manager told the cashier how to enter the order and then he called over the radio to his assistant who made our plate for us and brought it out. We could have had fries but they need to be baked and take about 10 minutes and I personally wasn't in the mood to wait that long plus she doesn't need fries everywhere we go.

The Amy's pizza crust you mentioned is actuallyt he frozen rice crust pizza with real cheese so it's a no-no plus its not very good tasting.

MK is the only park I have been to with an eating child so far; we did do DHS over the summer but she was still doing some baby foods plus I brought everything for her but now she wants what I am eating so I have to be really careful.

We go in two weeks with my mom who has celiac. We have ADR's at LTT dinner and Tony's lunch. I've heard good things about these two places as well as 50's. I have two little kids so we aren't doing a lot of
TS restaurants this time. We will eat plenty of CS. I'll post when I get back. We are also planning on eating a few dinners off property - maybe Outback, Carrabba's, Chili's, or Pizzeria Uno. They all have gluten free menus and are pretty close by.

Kosher is a term meaning the the item meets Judaic laws and does not guarantee something is gluten, soy, peanut, fruit etc. free. Kosher hot dogs and meats only mean they were made without touching dairy products and other unclean things. Nathan's has gluten and most of the rest have soy. Kosher does not guarantee freshness or superior quality. The only way to be allergen free is reading the label, contacting the company and finally taste testing.

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=34226
They list a few brands.

I should probably try running that again, I guess, I know what I meant but it didn't come out quite right. :confused:

Kosher meat isn't going to have a dairy filler but it could have gluten. So I look to the kosher brands first since that's easy enough to remember, but still read the label. It's just sort of that you know you've got half of it out of the way. If that makes any sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter