Your Opinions Please!

princess jackson

DIS Veteran
Looking at booking to go to disneyland paris in december, it is the big 30 for me and wanted to do something different.

We are not sure if we want to use our vacation points, or pay cash.

It is a tie between Sequoia Lodge or New York.

There will be DH. myself and DD who will be 4 in december (in fact all our birthday's are december really expensive month for us!) 3rd, 8th and 20th!

Cheers for any opinions

If you do want to use your points, it would be worth taking the time to work if they would serve you better booking the trip directly with them, or renting them out and using the cash to pay for the trip.

As for the hotels, I personally would go for the New York (surprise, surprise). The rooms are bigger and just plusher - nice if you have to spend some time in your room with a tired 4 year old!! Then again, the fireplace at Sequoia would be nice for a December trip!!! Decisions, decisions!! :)

If you are not in a rush to book DW :love2: and i are going on the 29th May (11 Daysto go!!) for our 25th wedding anniversary trip. We are staing at Sequoia Lodge Montana Lakeside room for 4 nights and can let you know on our return.
In the meantime member Mickey's Dreamers has an excellent trip report stayng at Sequoia Lodge january 2005
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=7272959#post7272959.
I hope the above link works

Berwyn
Orlando Quality Inn International 2 Weeks easter2000
DLRP 5days Disneyland Hotel Easter 2003 (my 50th Birthday with DWand no.2 son)
DLRP 5 days Sequoia Lodge 29th May2005 :hourglass

Hi Princess!

You will get lots of differing views on whether or not to use points to pay for DLP.

Personally, I could not justify spending what I consider to be an astronomical amount of points to stay at DLP when I could spend the same points and get nicer accommodation for many more days at WDW.

Example: Last February I spent my 30th Birthday at DLP (wonderful place to spend your 30th) and it would have cost 54 DVC points per night at SL. We stayed for 3 nights so that would have been 162 points. With 162 points I can have 12+ nights at my home resort SSR (I think that's yours too isn't it?) so for me it isn't worth using my points for DLP. (Avoiding weekends)

I might use my points if they were about to expire or if I could not use them in WDW but more likely I would rent then out and use the money to pay for the trip.

Do bear in mind the points pay for park admission for all the people staying in the room though :) so factor that into your calculation as well.

Thanls miffy,

DH worked out that last night, the same amount of points to stay at WDW, if i was honest i would rather go the WDW than Paris.

So searching for flights now!

Thanks for the info

I agree Princess. It's nice to have the option to spend points there definitely but I just can't justify using my precious points (LOL, they don't go far enough as it is!) for a "short break" rather than a "holiday" (if that makes sense)

The point requirements for anything other than the DVC resorts is becoming ridiculous. Three years ago I managed to book three rooms for three nights at the Hotel New York for 297 points - so for the equivalent of a nine night stay it wasn't bad. Not brilliant, but not extortionate, and at the time it was easier for me to go to DLP - so it made sense and was a good use of my points at the time.

The "cost" now would be considerably more, so points are really only worth using at the DVC resorts these days (not that that's a big problem ;) . Though as I said it can be worth renting them for the cash to pay for your DLP trip, but only if it's carefully work out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter