Your opinions please......

Wishful Tinking

Earning My Ears
I'm new to this. We are heading to DL next week. :banana: We'll arrive on Thursday afternoon. We have reservations at the Sheraton Anaheim for five nights. That is one of my concerns. It seems to be in the middle of the city. I know that that is where DL is, but should we be staying someplace alittle more scenic? (I mean closer to the ocean)

We have purchased the Southern California City Pass. This allows us admission to several places. We plan to go to California Adventure the first full day there as it's my daughters birthday and that's her choice! After that we are up in the air, more or less. These kids are teenagers so any ideas would be great!

We have never been to CA so we aren't only doing the parks. We are there for the whole adventure. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Including restaurant recommendations.

Thank you
Joan

What are the ages of your kids? What are their interests?

The hotels do lots of shuttles. We went to Lego land and Sea world while there, both were fun......just don't go on a wet ride and then visit the polar bears as your last activities...burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I would spend at least an afternoon at the beach. Would your two teens be interested in surf lessons?

Is DD13 a shopper? If so, she would love South Coast Plaza. I believe the mall is open until 9:00 pm during the week. SCP

Are you visiting Knotts with your City Pass? My kids love eating at Claim Jumper (just down the street). Huge portions for a reasonable bill. Take a look at the 6 layer MotherLode chocolate cake. Claim Jumper

Do your teens watch the O.C. on Fox or Laguna Beach on MTV? They might like to visit those areas.

Just a few ideas for teens. If you need anything more specific just send me a pm.

Tink, I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I had thought of a few of your suggestions. But certainly not all. Besides it's so helpful to have someone confirm your own ideas as good ones! :flower:
You mentioned Claim Jumper. I had read about that restaurant. Is it down the road from the hotel or from Knott's? I love a good restaurant that won't break the bank! My kids do love to eat!!

Any opinions out there about the hotel we've chosen??

Again, Tink, thank you very much
Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter