• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your suggestion for stroller rental..

HunnyJar

DIS Veteran
So my husband and I are thinking about possibly renting a stroller for our upcoming trip. We have a two year old and by the time we go in September our other daughter will be one. We had originally thought about buying a double, but I don't know how easy it would be to get through security, especially since we will be bringing a car seat for our two year old.

SO! That leads us to the thought of renting.. I know Disboards has Orlando Stroller Rentals as a sponsor, but I've also read about Magic Strollers. I do know that Magic Strollers seems to be cheaper and from what I've read they don't charge for the rain cover as long as you request one when you book your stroller.. So my question to you is.. Which do you recommend and why?

Any help is greatly appreciated. And to those who DID bring their own double strollers, which did you bring and how did it work for you?

In Jan 2010 we used Magic Stroller Rental. We got the free rain cover and a parent organizer as well (it was a little cloth thing that went across the handlebars that had a cup holder and a spot for holding some other snack, etc.)

The stroller was there when we arrived and was easy to set up and use. My DS8 at the time was able to use it occasionally when my DD was walking (he hated his stroller as a toddler but now loves getting pushed around every now and then-I think mostly to irritate his sister, LOL).

There was even a time or 2 when we could put both kids in it and go-like leaving Fantasmic one night or after the parade/fireworks at MK. When we were done we left it there and had no problems.

We are driving down next time as well but now will have a bigger car so we can take our own stroller-but honestly I like the rental one better than our own,;)

We just got back and January and this was the toughest decision of our whole vacation!

We ended up renting a double from Magic Strollers. Our girls are 5 and 3. We got the free rain cover, and it also has the cupholders, etc.

We were thrilled that we decided to do it. We were at the Contemporary to start and were able to just roll it into the room, and it was easy on the monorail. Then we moved to Pop. It wasn't terrible on the buses. We just had a plan of attack. I took the girls and the "stuff" while DH took care of folding and holding the stroller. We were there during the busiest week fo the year and really had no problems at all.

We take our own. We have a Combi Twin Sport. It's a side by side. It's a fairly light stroller. It folds easily, and it fully reclines, so the little kids can nap. The only problem we had with any type of security (WDW or airport) was on the way home at MCO going through TSA. The officer insisted on me folding the stroller and putting it on the belt and sending it through. I tried to tell her it wouldn't fit, but she insisted it would. It got stuck and she had to go fish it out.

We always gate check the stroller.

We bought it from www.albeebaby.com

We rented a double from Magic Strollers. It was delivered to the office at Windsor Hills and that is where we left it when it was time to go home. It was cheaper than Orlando, the rain cover was free and so was the parent console, which could hold three cups. We also added another console as well for additional cup storage..

How are you going to wrangle a 2 yr old and a 1 yr old in an airport without a stroller? We use our stroller in the airport for transport, as well as for holding misc. junk and then gate check it so that it's there in MCO to use to get through the airport. I can see renting a stroller for older kids that can handle walking through the airport, but not sure about your young ones.

How are you going to wrangle a 2 yr old and a 1 yr old in an airport without a stroller? We use our stroller in the airport for transport, as well as for holding misc. junk and then gate check it so that it's there in MCO to use to get through the airport. I can see renting a stroller for older kids that can handle walking through the airport, but not sure about your young ones.

We have a Moby for the little one that we will be bringing. Also it will be my husband, 15 year old son and myself. And possibly one more adult might be coming along. We'll manage without the stroller if we need to. The thought of carrying a car set and a stroller (or two if we don't buy a double) seems like it would be very difficult. Plus we will have at least one layover each flight where we will need to change planes. We brought a stroller last year and it was great to have it at the airport but we also didn't have a car seat and another little one to worry about.

Thank you all for commenting! I would love to hear/read more from people. :goodvibes

I second Magic Strollers they were awsome!!!! delivery on time no hassle clean double stroller we will be renting from them again.:thumbsup2

I think there is a video on the website on how to unfold the stroller. There literally is a strap on the seat and you simply pull it towards you and the stroller folds up. I can't comment on the busses as we never used those.

I was given the suggestion of buying an umbrella stroller when we first get to the park. It's cheaper than renting one every day. Then, when your trip is over and you are leaving the park, "gift" it to a family that you see coming into the park who looks like they might need a stroller... :thumbsup2
You aren't really out anything because if you had rented the money would just go out anyway, and this way, you get to use a stroller and you get to bless someone else in the process.

So great to hear that! Did you find the stroller easy to use and get on/off busses?

The Baby Jogger City Mini is a dream! Seriously that is the nicest stroller I've ever used. In every thread like this I reply to I always say "it was so easy to fold and lightweight that my DH thinks it's the best decision he's ever made". ;)

I rented from MagicStrollers Dec09 and am renting again in June!

We flew in January with our 2 little ones who were barely 3 and 19 months. Even if my parents did not fly with us, I would never fly with a stroller unless absolutely necessary. I wear a backpack with all our stuff for the plane, carry my younger DD, and hold DD1's hand. DH carries the car seats and sometimes a roller carry-on (if we're feeling particularly brave lol). Add a stroller onto that? No way. Plus I want my girls to use their little legs and get a little tired so they'll be more likely to sit or sleep onboard. I don't think the walk in the airport is that bad.:confused3

OP, I used Orlando Stroller and loved it. I think any of the stroller companies are good choices!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter