Your thoughts on booking a 5-Night cruise on the Magic

stickeymouse

DIS Veteran
Although my wife and I previously sailed on the Dream, this would be the first Disney cruise for my parents, sister, and nephews (ages 7 and 3). I have a couple questions about this ship/itinerary.

As much as I would love to see Key West on a 4-night itinerary, I'm leaning toward a 5-night November cruise to Cozumel/Castaway just to get an extra night on the ship for about the same price. Would you make the same choice?

The 5-night cruise would include 2 full sea days. Is this too many? Is there enough to do during the day on the smaller classic ships?

Having sailed on the Dream first, am I setting myself up for a huge disappointment by sailing on the smaller, older Magic (despite its reimagining)?

If Animator's Palate is one of our repeat restaurants, what happens on the second night? Is there a second show?

Thanks in advance!

Although my wife and I previously sailed on the Dream, this would be the first Disney cruise for my parents, sister, and nephews (ages 7 and 3). I have a couple questions about this ship/itinerary.

As much as I would love to see Key West on a 4-night itinerary, I'm leaning toward a 5-night November cruise to Cozumel/Castaway just to get an extra night on the ship for about the same price. Would you make the same choice?

The 5-night cruise would include 2 full sea days. Is this too many? Is there enough to do during the day on the smaller classic ships?

Having sailed on the Dream first, am I setting myself up for a huge disappointment by sailing on the smaller, older Magic (despite its reimagining)?

If Animator's Palate is one of our repeat restaurants, what happens on the second night? Is there a second show?

Thanks in advance!

I'm firmly in the camp of "longer is better" so I'd go with the 5 night over the 4.

There is plenty to do onboard during sea days. I'll also point out that just sitting in a deck chair and watching the sea go by is a fun thing to do.

Any DCL ship is better than none, size has nothing to do with it, but I prefer the smaller Magic class ships.

You will repeat 2 of your MDRs on a 5 night cruise. I'd say that the second night in AP (should you have one of those rotations) would probably be Pirate night. So, not really a show, but pirate pictures/themeing in there.

But it could be possible for a second visit there to not be pirate night. In that case, there's no different show. The Magic does have the Animation show (like the Fantasy) but they wouldn't use it on a 5 night as not everyone will have the opportunity to be in AP twice.

Our first cruise was on the Dream and our second was on the Magic. Once we experienced a smaller ship we loved it and only sail the classics now. One of the bigger perks is having half the people at Castaway Key. Although I wish they put an AquaDuck instead of the AquaDunk on the Magic, the other improvements were great. We were able to do the Animation show at AP last sailing (7 night) and it was wonderful if you have a chance to do a longer sailing. I think you will be fine with two sea days. We sailed from NY to the Bahamas and I felt there were too many sea days but my husband loved it (I think we had four). Definitely give it a try :)

I had sailed on the Dream 4 times and the fantasy twice before I tried the Magic. The magic is now my favorite ship.

Same price? Longer itinerary for sure! 2 Full sea days too many :rotfl2: The Easter Caribbean has 3 days at sea and that still Isn't enough time to see and do everything. From the wine/food classes to animation classes, trivia, bingo, deck parties, character meets you won't run out of things to do. Enjoy your trip it will be a blast!

We really wanted to do that 5 day W. Carrib. cruise on the Magic but couldn't make it work with the kids school schedules.

I have sailed on the Dream twice, and on the Magic last year. I would prefer the longer cruise. The Magic's kids club refurb is awesome. My son got to try on an iron man costume and he loved the Marvel superheroes part of the kids club. There is the AquaDunk where the floor drops from below that both my kids(22 and 10) liked, but I never worked up the courage to try. The pirate show was not as packed on the dream, and we did not have to stand in long lines to get to the pirate buffet afterwards. Castaway was not crowded--plenty of unused beach chairs. You could actually get a close enough view to see the crab races and other activities on the island. I did miss the Enchanted Garden breakfasts while on the Magic, but not enough to pay more per night. There is no Remy on the Magic, but Palo is available for brunch and dinner on the 5 night cruises.

We loved the Magic last year on a three day and we were definitely not ready to get off. I'm contemplating the same 5 night itinerary on the Wonder next year.

I've been on one cruise- Disney magic for 4 days. It was awesome and I loved the ship. We go on the Fantasy in a week and I'm actually worried I won't like it as much. I will try to post when I'm back to give a comparison.

We will be going on our first disney cruise in October and are on the 5 night Magic. After reading all theses comments, i am very excited to be going on the Magic!

We will be going on our first disney cruise in October and are on the 5 night Magic. After reading all theses comments, i am very excited to be going on the Magic!

Me too! It's our second cruise (did a 3 night on the Dream in June). I have no idea how I'm supposed to wait until October!!!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter