Your Top 5 - Rides at California Adventure

GatorChris

Not of This World
This Top 5 thread will be sorta tricky. Pick your TOP 5 rides from California Adventure.

The reason it'll be tricky is that most of us haven't been to DCA since the ToT changed to Guardians.

Here's my Top 5:

1. Radiator Springs Racers: For me, this is the Splash Mt of DCA. It tells a fantastic story with a thrill at the end. And it always has riders talking about it just as it ends. A perfect Disney ride.

2. Soarin': Whatever version this is, I always love it. The scenes, the sounds, the smells. Great attraction.

3. Guardians Breakout: This attraction once would've been #1 far and away. The Twilight Zone theming was perfect and the drops were the best. It's changed now. I'm assuming that with the new random drops, it'll be more like the WDW version (which is awesome!), only with Guardians overlay, which in my opinion is quite garish. But the thrill will be there, so I'll put this at #3.

4. Screamin': This ride has the best rush at DLR. Plus it usually has a line of less than 20 minutes, which always amazes me. Throw in the look of the old beach coasters without the painful jerks and bumps, and it's one of the best rides ever.

5. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree: Yeah, I know this is a strange pick. But me and my kids LOVE this ride! First, the spinning action is actually more fun than the twists and turns of the Matterhorn. Add in Mater's great voice and jokes and songs and it's just down-home fun. We love it even better at night!

Those are mine. What's yours? And let me know if you like these kinds of posts by comments or likes and I'll keep cranking them out.

I absolutely agree with your choices. #5 can change depending on what I feel like at the moment. TSMM may creep in there occasionally (especially now you can FP it-I never felt it was worth the long lines).

1.) Grizzly River Run
2.) Soarin (but I liked California better)
3.) Toy Story
4.) California Screamin
5.) Radiator Springs Racers
I have not tried the new Guardians though!

I never went on DL's TOT. I HATED it at WDW, and was never tempted here. But I love the Guardians movies, and everything I heard about the ride was very positive. So I said I'd give it one chance, and convinced my DD9, who also hated WDW's TOT and melted down in the queue last year and had to use the chicken exit. I was expecting a one-and-done. I was wrong. As a result, my top five has shifted significantly.
1. Radiator Springs Racers - winner, and still champion.
2. Guardians - this thing is really so well done. The Twilight Zone theme may have been good. But GotG is infused with fun and humor, and it really heightens my enjoyment of the ride.
3. Tie: Screamin' and Soarin'. Prior to GotG, CS was DD's favorite (she needed to be convinced to ride this one, too). She decided today that GotG pre-empts it. I love it. And Soarin' is just so nice and pleasant. I couldn't choose between them, though I ride CS more because it's wait is usually less.
5. Luigi. It's as much fun to watch as it is to ride. I think it's really fun. I don't miss the tires at all (I don't think I'm alone here).

Havent got to ride the new ride but for me it would be

1. RSR
2. Toy Story
3. Grizzly
4. Maters
5. Mermaid

:)

Will be trying Guardians in August so not counting that one (which I'm quite sure will make the top 5!)

1) California Screamin'
2) Soarin' (preferred the original though)
3) Radiator Springs Racers
4) Toy Story
5) Mater

1) RSR
2) Soarin'
3) Mike and Sully Monsters Inc.
4) Little Mermaid
5) Toy Story MM

Midnightred

No Guardians yet for me, so...

1) RSR
2) Screamin'
3) Grizzly River Rapids
4) Toy Story
5) Soarin'

ToT would have been number one...

1.) Grizzly River Run
2.) Soarin (but I liked California better)
3.) Toy Story
4.) California Screamin
5.) Radiator Springs Racers
I have not tried the new Guardians though!

This for me, but if Toy Story line is > 30 minutes then its Monsters

1. GoG (my favorite is Free Ride, but my family all disagrees on which one they like best.)

2. RSR

3. California Screamin

4. Grizzly River Run

5. Toy Story Midway Mania

1. GOTG. So well done and fun. I had Burning Love and Born to be Wild for my two rides.
2. RSR
3. Toy Story
4. California Screamin
5. Soaring

Missed GOTG by a week in May, so I won't know where it fits into my list until August. Can't wait to find out!

1. RSR
2. Soarin'
3. Grizzly River Run
4. Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters - we love riding this one at night. It's so charming and leaves huge smiles on our faces.
5. Heimlich's Chew Chew Train- No joke! We ride this every time we visit. My son LOVES it and there's never any line. It brings back happy memories.

1) RSR
2) Soarin' ( I love the California version though)
3) Screamin'
4) TOT, have not tried the new version yet, loved the original!
5) Toy Story, but hated the 45 min wait. Happy about the FP!!!

--Lori

1) Guardians (ToT would be my #1, so I'm sure Guardians would be too)
2) RSR
3) Screamin'
4) Toy Story
5) Soarin'

1) Mater's (it makes me laugh the entire time)
2) TSMM
3) RSR
4) Guardians
5) Screamin'/Grizzly/Little Mermaid (it's a tie, depending on my group and time of year)

My 5 Favorite
1. RSR
2. TSMM
3. Soarin'
4. Mater's
5. Monster's Inc.

My 5 Least Favorite
1. Screaming - horrible nausea
2. TOT/GOGT - horrible nausea
3. Mickey's Fun Wheel of Death
4. Silly Symphony Swings
5. Goofy's Sky School.

5. Heimlich's Chew Chew Train- No joke! We ride this every time we visit. My son LOVES it and there's never any line. It brings back happy memories.

I'm right there with you on this. It nearly made my Top 5. We ride it every trip, and I think we didn't hit only one day when we were at DCA. For some reason, this ride captures the Disney Magic feeling. Perfect theming with props, great smells piped in, and Heimlich is just funny. My kids have always loved the burping effects. They may outgrow it one day, but it hasn't happened yet.

Haven't tried the new GoG yet, so:

1. RSR
2. Soarin'
3. Little Mermaid (don't judge me...)
4. Goofy's Sky School (makes me laugh the whole time)
5. Mickey's Fun wheel (of death)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter