Votes: 12 41.4%
  • It's my vacation and I just want to focus on my family

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • If I'm miserable I'm going to make others miserable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ds4angels

DIS Veteran
After reading the thread on single rider line and some rude behavior from some people on rides, I'm curious what your personality is at the park?

I just enjoy myself as I go. I’m not a chatty person by nature, but if someone talks to me I’ll have a nice conversation with them.

I generally smile and move along. There is no reason to be rude, but tick tock, I'm one of those who crams a lot into their WDW trips!

I think it might be interesting to know where people are from with their replies. It would seem odd to me to make more than a couple minutes of chit chat with strangers in line; I put that I mostly focus on my family when I am at a park.
I am from a metro area.

I’m from Maryland/DC area, suburbs.we always have small talk while waiting for rides or shows or whatever, I’m a people person and like to meet new people. Funny story, a few years ago while chatting with an older lady while waiting for PPF, I found out that she was my DD,s teachers mother. It really is a small world after all!

As we are from germany and speak german to each other I love small talk with other people. For the nice little conversations and to practice some english.

Most of the time we smile and move along.

I learned an important lesson from a retired couple about 10 years ago. My wife and I were at Epcot with our then 3yo daughter. We were on a pretty narrow path somewhere in the World Showcase when we had to stop for some kind of toddler maintenance. I don't even remember what it was - maybe a lost shoe or something. Anyway, the three of us plus the stroller were doing a pretty good job of blocking the path - specifically for an older couple who had just walked up behind us. I can get a little stressed out in situations like that and I apologized to the couple for being in their way. They both smiled warmly, sensing my anxiety, and explained that there was no reason to apologize. One of them said, "We're in no hurry at all. We're on vacation." I'm grateful for that simple life lesson and now when I'm on vacation, I do my best to follow their example.

I have what you would probably call a very outgoing personality. I talk to everyone, in line I talk with strangers, and I am always ready to chat with CM;s. You learn a ton about the park and it makes the time in line go faster. During 2008 during that Year of Dreams Celebration while we were in Animal Kingdom we were on the Maharajah Trail and I was talking to a CM. The girl was restless and I was getting ready to move on when he said stay here for another 5 minutes. We did and after about that time 4 CM's appeared on the trail in front of us and began giving out the lanyards with plastic tabs for each ride (fast passes) he looked at me and said he had a very pleasant conversation with me and I should have a magical day with my daughter. It pays to be nice always.

Only when I am traveling, especially at Disney do I chat with people around me especially if I am solo. I love helping others with questions about the parks or finding their way. Yes, I have embarrassed DS quite often :rolleyes1 but DH has gotten used to it. I have learned so much about people and places simply by asking, "Is this your first time at.......?" I'm much more introverted at home, interacting with others in lines once in awhile. I love how Disney brings out this 'other' me!

I'm an out outside of a major city, some would say country, but I think more suburbs.
We smile alot because, hey life is good and we are in Disney. We often chat people up in line if they are so inclined. We even take little things like glow bracelets to have our kids share with other kids while waiting. To is part of being in Disney is just having a magical time with others. We've had some good pixie dust with both cast members and fellow guests alike.

Over the years, I've met and made lifelong friends through pin trading, when they use to have weekly PTN.

In queues, I usually stick to my own family. Unless someone asks me a question.

We chat if chatted with, or if we have a question about something someone has...like a girl in line for FOP had a Banshee and my son was curious as to how they worked. I also am part of a community of Disney IGers and so I'm always keeping an eye out for them so that we can finally meet in person.

If I'm solo and someone starts a conversation I'll chat but otherwise I smile and go about my own business. When I'm with my son we tend to talk to each other, we will answer questions but don't normally start them. We do always smile and nod because we are from the south and are polite to a fault.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter