"You're crazy! It's too hot to live in FL"

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
The response I get every time someone asks why I want to move from Chicago:rolleyes1

My current temp (sorry so blurry)

DCJshEZXoAccuYq.jpg

And yes, I am SAVORING it!:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Moved from WI to FL - no regrets - love the weather

I should mention that the rain just went through and it's only 77 here :)

Last edited:

All in all, it's been a cool summer so far in the Orlando area, except maybe for one week. Hotter today in Ontario.

All in all, it's been a cool summer so far in the Orlando area, except maybe for one week. Hotter today in Ontario.

Orlando cool???? LOL Seattle is cool. It hasn't hit 80 yet this year and only has been up in the 70s for a few of days this year. 64 today.

I don't mind humidity but I'm not crazy about it combined with excessive heat. Dallas gets way too hot but I guess that it's better than being cold.

Born and raised in FL so I hear this a ton from out of state relatives. Then I go visit them in the summer and feel like I'm DYING. At least I get an ocean breeze where I live!

Don't get me started on the flip side... snow and seemingly perpetual grey skies! :cold:

I live in NY where our summer get hot and humid. We have many days in the upper 80's and 90's throughout the summer.
However, its nothing like FL's everyday summer weather where the humidity feels much worse.
I'll keep my summers in NY but I'd love my winters to be in FL :)

Orlando cool???? LOL Seattle is cool. It hasn't hit 80 yet this year and only has been up in the 70s for a few of days this year. 64 today.

It was pretty cool last week. There were plenty of late afternoons and evenings that had us wearing sweaters or sweatshirts. In comparison, it was over 90 degrees at home in PA, and it still is.

I ADORE hot and humid. I love the thick air that I can FEEL in my lungs. It's one of the reasons I want to move to Florida.

However, thus far, it's the other assorted stuff that the weather brings that has kept me in MN...namely the dinosaur-sized bugs, reptiles, and amphibians.

I'd hate the constant heat and humidity plus the bugs the size of my dog!!

It gets hot and humid here in nj (like right now) but it doesn't last. It'll be back in the 70s tomorrow.

I'd much rather have Vegas heat.

However, thus far, it's the other assorted stuff that the weather brings that has kept me in MN...namely the dinosaur-sized bugs, reptiles, and amphibians.

I'd hate the constant heat and humidity plus the bugs the size of my dog!!

I don't know if I've just become blind to them but I seriously don't encounter giant bugs aside from the odd cockroach- which can be found anywhere. Maybe a large moth or grasshopper every once in a while but they're so harmless and I would think be found in other parts of the country?

I ADORE hot and humid. I love the thick air that I can FEEL in my lungs. It's one of the reasons I want to move to Florida.

If the other assorted things are keeping you from making the move that you want you are making a mistake. Someone misinformed you.

I don't know if I've just become blind to them but I seriously don't encounter giant bugs aside from the odd cockroach- which can be found anywhere. Maybe a large moth or grasshopper every once in a while but they're so harmless and I would think be found in other parts of the country?

If the other assorted things are keeping you from making the move that you want you are making a mistake. Someone misinformed you.

Every time we SERIOUSLY consider moving, I see a story of a sinkhole swallowing a random car (Ocala this week), a snake coming out of a car (Georgia, but still...), or snakes making themselves happy in someone's pool. My biggest fears in life: death, snakes, massive bugs, and death by snakes and massive bugs.

Although, I will say, the most GORGEOUS creature I ever saw was in Florida. It was a dragon fly the size of my hand (not exaggerating - got a pic of it - it was at Pop or Coronado, can't remember...orange walls on the stairways). If all your creepy-crawlies were as beautiful and non-toxic as that...I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter