You're Mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I'll tell you a secret... the whole family is (Fall 2019)

absolutmey

always planning another trip
Welcome to my 2nd PTR:
(the one I might actually finish)

You're Mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I'll tell you a secret...
the whole family is! (a Fall 2019 PTR)

Yes, you read that right. 2019.

Without further ado, here are the early details of our upcoming trip down the rabbit hole.

What: an extended family trip to WDW, of course, and probably a day at USO to say hey to Harry et al.
When: October-November 2019; 7-9 days in length.
Why: so the whole crazy family can check out Pandora :thumbsup2, Rivers of Light :thumbsup2, gondola rides :confused3, Toy Story land :confused: and, of course, the world of Star Wars :scratchin

PSA: if you don't like SW memes, this is not the PTR for you

Where: Well, this is mostly up in the air, but my family (DH, me and DS) will be renting points to stay at either WL or BLT. I'm sure the ILs will rent points too once I show them the pricing.

I have no idea where the rest of the group will stay or what they're thinking. We do have a little time to think about it, though.

Who: ah yes, the best part. I'll list them here (by family groups) for now, but I'll add more later.

1. "Us" - Me, DH and DS - trips to WDW in 2014 and 2016
2. "The Z's" - MiL and FiL (DH's mom and step-dad) - came with us in 2016
3. "The Canadians" - DH's cousin, her DH and their 2 DDs along with DH's other female cousin.
4. "The wildcards" - FiL's son (DH's step-bro), his 2 DSs & Step-Bro's GF and her DS.

Tally of bodies: 3 of us, 2 ILs, 5 Canadians and 5 wildcards = 15

I foresee the 5 wildcards being all gung-ho right now because, you know, we have two years until the trip. But in all honesty, they probably won't come. The ILs said they wanted to go back to WDW but not w/o at least inviting them.
There has been some tension/issues/drama surrounding "Us" doing things with "The Z's" and "The Wildcards" feeling left out. I won't go into it all too much but it's safe to say that there has been drama as recently as Christmas and the issues aren't resolved. This and the fact that they have no money and don't know how to save makes me believe they won't be coming.

This is the reason for the title of this PTR - I must be mad, bonkers and off my head to contemplate taking a large group with underlying drama to WDW!

Stay tuned if you'd like to hear more!

What did I say.... the 5 wildcards aren't going. :sad2::rolleyes2 Better to know now than to plan with them in mind and then have to switch things up later.

I feel MUCH more confident planning for ten and I know that this group will have a FABULOUS TIME!

The Canadians will be coming down in November for "American Thanksgiving" and we plan to discuss things in detail then. :yay:

waiting_zpssldigqlu.jpg

I am interested in seeing your plans. I am working on a trip for June 2019 for a lot of my family

And I thought December 2018 was a long time to wait lol. Luckily I'm only planning for 2 or 3. Can't wait to read along.

Not much to report, really.

I have a feeling that SW:GE isn't going to be complete until LATE 2019, as everyone is saying and if I try to plan an October/Halloween trip, we'll miss it. DH really loves Halloween at WDW and seemed disappointed that we might not go then. What I think I'll talk to everybody about is going the 2nd week of November. We can go to a MVMCP! We are a Christmas-loving family, so i think this might work out perfectly.

I'm also worried about it being absolutely MOBBED. PACKED. WALL-TO-WALL. people while we're there. I don't know about that. I hate to say that we'll have to push it to 2020... but who knows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter