Youth Education Series (YES) tickets on Magic Bands

tnmom25

Dreams Don't Work Unless You Do!
We are going to WDW in October and staying offsite with friends. One of my girls is wanting to take a YES class with her friend. If we register her with the class, we are able to get tickets for the whole family. We were wanting to upgrade our tickets to APs when we get there because we are going back in May. Here are my questions:

1 - Can the YES tickets be linked to a magic band?
2 - After the first use, can the YES tickets be upgraded to an AP?

We're just trying to decide if we should get tickets through YES or through UCT before the price increase. Any advice would be appreciated!

:thanks:

When I was looking into YES tickets I remember reading (maybe in the FAQ Tickets on this site) that YES tickets can NOT be upgraded. Because of that we decided against getting them.

You cannot modify/upgrade the YES tickets in any way.

They are not regular tickets and are sold through a third party service.

I am fairly certain they can be linked to the magic bands since they send you the info in advance to add to your MDE account so you can book your FP+. We are doing YES in June and are planning to use the MBs (last time we did YES was before MBs)

UGH! I'm trying to register for the program and it won't let me without ordering tickets :( I called and left a message, so hopefully someone will help soon!

UGH! I'm trying to register for the program and it won't let me without ordering tickets :( I called and left a message, so hopefully someone will help soon!
You must purchase tickets in order to participate.

I believe there is an exemption to this policy for people with APs. They don't have to buy tickets, but must pay a separate fee for the class.

Are you not wanting to buy the YES tickets because you are planning to buy an AP?

If you don't need the APs and just want tickets for this trip, they are discounted and much cheaper than you could get them anywhere else.

I was really hoping that tickets would be discounted like they were in 2012, but the are not. We did the YES program in 2012 and bought 8day hoppers with WPF&M for five people for right around $1100. This time, just 6day base tickets for 6 people is almost $1800. Yes, it's a savings, but only about $200 overall. I'm not complaining, nor are we doing the classes just to get the discount. My girls really enjoy them. I was able to get registered, so we're all good :)

I was really hoping that tickets would be discounted like they were in 2012, but the are not. We did the YES program in 2012 and bought 8day hoppers with WPF&M for five people for right around $1100. This time, just 6day base tickets for 6 people is almost $1800. Yes, it's a savings, but only about $200 overall. I'm not complaining, nor are we doing the classes just to get the discount. My girls really enjoy them. I was able to get registered, so we're all good :)

Yes, it's not the savings it once was.

It used to be the discounted price for everyone in your family (even if only one child took the class), but now it's basically just the student's ticket that's really discounted. It makes sense that it only applies to the participants, but it is a big change. (DH actually can't understand why they discount the tickets at all since it seems like you should be paying extra to take a class, but we will certainly not complain.)

All three of my kids are taking a class this year and two are "adults" so we are saving about $450, but I believe it was around $800 last time.

This is so confusing.. I already have reservations and tickets - staying at AKL. Only 1 of our group wants to take a class. Is there a way to add just the class since I already have a reservation/ticket package? I really don't want to purchase tickets through YES since they say non refundable. (My mother is 91 and you never know what may happen)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter