YouTube channels for Theme Park Strategies

ww52

DIS Veteran
We're less than 5 weeks away. We have our ADRs. We have our FPs and have adjusted a few times. Since the 30 day mark hits soon, I think we have to consider that done.

I see several youtube videos on the boards that look helpful. I also would guess the number is kind of overwhelming and many are very long.

I've seen some from the Touring Plans people; also just saw one on the "refresh" strategy from a couple named "WDW couple" (which I stopped watching only because it seemed the park was not as crowded as it will be for us in July - hence not applicable?

I wonder if there is a resource for links for useful videos? I would think a thread on the boards here wouldn't work again because there are so many.

I'd more want to know if there is one or two or three (at most) channels that people found very useful. Then I can search that channel myself.

I'm starting from the premise that Touring Plans and WDW Couple are useful.

Thoughts?

I watched the WDW Couple vlog you're talking about and the FP strategy they use is good. I usually go in July and agreed with their approach. Most of their videos are restaurant reviews.

The touring plans channel is very good for planning and strategy.

DFBGuide is geared toward food but have some good planning tips type vids.

Last edited:
Well, I got "unlazy" and googled and as I expected, there are dozens. Even sites that list "best WDW vlogs" don't agree; just way too easy to post things and everyone wants to be a star I guess.

So...

I'm going to try out WDW Coule, Touring Plans, and Tim Tracker (mentioned here and also on two of the "best of..." lists.

Turns out the DIS has one too! Have to make it 4 then; probably WAY too much information - but hey, I have to pass the time before we leave somehow!

I second Tim Tracker. His videos can get quite lengthy so I don't tend to watch them for enjoyment, but he does great walk through videos of the parks and resorts, highlighting how long he waited in lines for different rides, food, and how crowded everything is. He's also entertaining, so I don't get too bored watching the vlogs.

Tim tracker is great for casual viewing and gettimg to see the parks. But hes not what you want for touring strategies. Being a local ap holder he can tour at his leisure. So rarely plans anything. He just goes with the flow. If the wait is too long he just comes back another day.

Again. Great channel. Been watching him for years. But a novice when it comes to plans and strategies.

I agree Tim Tracker is not the best planner. He has some pretty in depth tours of resorts. OP may want to see if he's done a recent tour of wherever he's staying.

I'll mention again DFBGuide. They have done a lot of tips, advice and planning vids lately.

I love Tim Tracker but I agree with others in saying that they are not the best planners. I wouldn't rely on them if you want to get ideas on how to plan/tour the parks. I mean they just planned and went on a trip to Tokyo Disneyland and didn't research that one of the rides they really wanted to go on was closed haha.

I love Tim Tracker but I agree with others in saying that they are not the best planners. I wouldn't rely on them if you want to get ideas on how to plan/tour the parks. I mean they just planned and went on a trip to Tokyo Disneyland and didn't research that one of the rides they really wanted to go on was closed haha.

I love those two so much, but yeah they don't plan and they never rope drop lol.

Tim and Jenn are AWFUL are park strategies, and for being local AP Holders are woefully uninformed when it comes to the comings and goings of the parks.

Just remember according to Tim and Jenn ropedrop is when you get at the park exactly when it opens, behind the enormous mass of humanity that has been standing there for 30-60 minutes.

I watch vlogs for fun. I come here for strategies.

Same. Except without the videos. I don’t know why a video would be useful for strategy. And from clips I’ve seen a discussions I’ve read, it seems that most of the people making the videos are utterly clueless.

My fave is the couple who did a video of their first disney cruise, acting like experts, and got several important things wrong. And they won’t edit it. They just have a little comment correcting the big error.

Nah. I’ll read real peoples’ words who aren’t making themselves look interesting for money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!