YouTube parents accused of abusing their kids for views

I seriously doubt that the person being pranked actually enjoys it. And yes, really, that's where my mind goes. Shower pranks are sick, in my opinion and you can't shame me into thinking otherwise. If you are old enough to take a shower alone, you are old enough for the respect of privacy.

So you have some powers that tell you what some kid that you have never laid eyes on, wouldn't know if they walked up and hit you; feels about a prank. Good to know. :rolleyes1 You have a right to your opinion but my goodness you don't have to take it to the gutter and insinuate these things about the pp's family. That is YOUR mind going there, not theirs.

You obviously do not like pranks. They obviously do. Leave it at that.

I am sorry you went through that. You father should have stopped your brothers went he saw that it was bothering you. For many its just a funny prank. You can't judge the reaction of the poster's kids by your reaction. I am terrified of spiders, for instance. My kids knew that they should never, ever throw a plastic spider at me as a joke. But other jokes/pranks were fine. Someone else, while they may jump, would find it funny in the end.

I did later clarify I wasn't judging the PP I was just saying it is possible for pranks to cross the line even if they seem harmless at first. Unfortunately that prank was just apart of the abuse I endured so again very different then the PP and before it gets twisted (not by you but it always happens here) I'm not saying I think the PP ever lets their kids cross a line with pranks or that small pranks automatically equals abuse. There has to be a lot more then 1 time throwing water on someone in the shower. It is like you said your kids know you fear spiders so if they threw plastic spiders at you all the time now that would be terrible and down right cruel but sister puts a fake spider in brothers cereal bowl or something and laugh away.

Well ok...this is what I mean------I bolded the parts that stuck out most in my mind.

Maybe not a real jab but came across to me as in a not-so-nice sarcastic way. Again maybe you didn't mean it to come across that way.

I'm ignoring the over exaggeration of the family members cuz well just cuz.

Already quoted but yeah..aimed at posters who mentioned shower pranks.

Now yes that is your opinion for sure but it's not too hard to make the leap that you could be implying that someone who has done shower pranking is sick.

With all due respect it has come off as personal.

____
Now obviously I'm not saying you aren't allowed to have that opinion on pranking. It's not something that would work in your family, you don't want to experience it. That I totally get given that my husband likes to scare me by jumping out at me and has one time did the cold water shower thing. But it's another thing to make comments that are aimed at your disgust at other posters and what works in their family. Multiple people have mentioned that it's not the sort of pranking that the YouTube video was showing by any means and that it sounded more like the poster you were most commented about was pranking in all good fun and that for their family it doesn't cross that line that is there. Pranking is also being used as a broad term but I think we all agree that what is being shown in the YoubTube video is not what most people would consider pranking.

You are an adult. You can decide and be ok with your husband's pranking. As a child, you really don't have a choice, do you? It's quite a difference, to me, a husband pranking his wife in the shower vs a parent or sibling pranking someone in the shower. Anyway, I stand by my opinion on the subject and if you insist on taking it personal, I can't stop you.

Is shower pranking at the same level as the videos shown? Of course not. I would say a giant leap. Those pranks are absolutely mental abuse. No question.

You are an adult. You can decide and be ok with your husband's pranking. As a child, you really don't have a choice, do you? It's quite a difference, to me, a husband pranking his wife in the shower vs a parent or sibling pranking someone in the shower. Anyway, I stand by my opinion on the subject and if you insist on taking it personal, I can't stop you.

Is shower pranking at the same level as the videos shown? Of course not. I would say a giant leap. Those pranks are absolutely mental abuse. No question.
Yeah ok..to be perfectly honest here I think you are deliberately ignoring what other posters are saying here. And there's no offense meant there it's just a frank statement.

Your opinion, when expressing it, would be more along the lines of "pranking doesn't work in my family we don't enjoy it I do understand my family isn't like others".....what you have been saying goes beyond sharing your opinion and insteads goes into the personal jab territory especially by repeatedly commenting in a certain way.

Yeah ok..to be perfectly honest here I think you are deliberately ignoring what other posters are saying here. And there's no offense meant there it's just a frank statement.

Your opinion, when expressing it, would be more along the lines of "pranking doesn't work in my family we don't enjoy it I do understand my family isn't like others".....what you have been saying goes beyond sharing your opinion and insteads goes into the personal jab territory especially by repeatedly commenting in a certain way.

Don't worry, I'm not internet offended. I think we can agree to disagree on the subject.

I can assure you that no one in my household has a problem expressing their opinions or feelings... Not my children, heck not even our pets.
Omg you should see my cat. He has no problem sassing us if say we don't give him his wet food when he wants it or we don't go upstairs for bed when he wants us to or go downstairs after waking up fast enough or we don't let him explore every day in the unfinished basement :rotfl2:

So have the parents from the videos pulled down the YouTube videos?

They pulled some but the dad has spent most of the last few days on twitter and youtube trashing those who are conserned instead of just taking a step back and having some family time. To me that reaction speaks volume to his reasonig for doing the vlog. I don't agree with any death threats they have gotten but seems like putting out a statement and walking away would best.

I just feel for the kids, I haven't watched the videos on their channel but I'm watching people who have analyzed it and talked about it, here is another video where a guy talks about it:

Rumor has it though that the dad has deleted or made all his videos private so no one can see them.

Even if the videos are fake or exaggerated, as the father is now claiming, it takes a pretty sick mind to simulate child abuse in order to get attention.

Is that what the parents are claiming? I hadn't heard.

No way am I buying it.

Ugh, I watched the link a couple posts up that had some clips of the videos.
I can't believe what these parents do to their kids and what they make them do to eachother.
I'm calling BS on them being fake. The one where the brother slapped his sister is not fake and he slapped the poor girl so hard and that ******* father celebrated it. These people are disgusting. The sad thing is that those kids think this kind of stuff is normal, that is why when the parents ask them if they are OK they say yes.

I've also been the victim of pranks by a brother.

Ah, now we're getting to the root of your issue with pranks. Let me pull up a couch for you to lay on while I get my note pad and pen. I only charge $50/hr, so it's a bargain. :crazy: I'm kidding, I'm kidding...

Seriously though, we got it. You don't like pranks, think it's disrespectful, and everyone who does them is immature. I can't tell you that you're not allowed to feel that way. But I can tell you tons of people don't see it that way.

Is that what the parents are claiming? I hadn't heard.

No way am I buying it.

According to the link in Post #71, the father is claiming the "pranks" are either fake, staged, or exaggerated. This is in response to the backlash his previous You Tube videos have received. He sort of concedes that pushing his son into the bookcase may have been a little overboard, but claims they both just got a little carried away in their "acting." No big deal. :sad2:

I watched a video on this Daddyofive channel by a Youtuber named Nerd City. (I won't link it here because the narrator uses some profanity). In it, there was a clip where the "prank" is on the youngest, Cody, and the parents tell him they are giving him up for adoption. I cried big ugly tears watching this poor child's reaction. I wanted to scoop him up, love him, tell him how awesome and wonderful and wanted he is. In the video he tries to escape by crawling under the bed, and his dad drags him out roughly. Cody pulls some of the bedrails out with him and his mom (actually step-mom) screams at him for breaking the bed. These people are CLEARLY abusing this child. In multiple clips, he has a bloody nose, bruises all over him. In one video (that I haven't seen) they go to Disney and leave Cody home because he's "bad" and has been smearing his feces on the walls -- CLEAR SIGN of an abused child. They antagonize this kid and then turn around and scream at him for being "bad" because of course he REACTS to being told he's bad and not loved or wanted. The mother flat out tells him in one video she doesn't like him, while he's already been crying so hard his poor face is swollen because he feels no one in the family wants him. I've been in distress over this since first hearing of these people last night and I hope something is done to help Cody (and all the kids really; they're all victims).

I watched a video on this Daddyofive channel by a Youtuber named Nerd City. (I won't link it here because the narrator uses some profanity). In it, there was a clip where the "prank" is on the youngest, Cody, and the parents tell him they are giving him up for adoption. I cried big ugly tears watching this poor child's reaction. I wanted to scoop him up, love him, tell him how awesome and wonderful and wanted he is. In the video he tries to escape by crawling under the bed, and his dad drags him out roughly. Cody pulls some of the bedrails out with him and his mom (actually step-mom) screams at him for breaking the bed. These people are CLEARLY abusing this child. In multiple clips, he has a bloody nose, bruises all over him. In one video (that I haven't seen) they go to Disney and leave Cody home because he's "bad" and has been smearing his feces on the walls -- CLEAR SIGN of an abused child. They antagonize this kid and then turn around and scream at him for being "bad" because of course he REACTS to being told he's bad and not loved or wanted. The mother flat out tells him in one video she doesn't like him, while he's already been crying so hard his poor face is swollen because he feels no one in the family wants him. I've been in distress over this since first hearing of these people last night and I hope something is done to help Cody (and all the kids really; they're all victims).

WTH?! This is even worse than what we were seeing posted originally. I feel so very, very angry on behalf of these children, and can't believe that the parents weren't reported before now. How long have these psychos been posting videos? I can't believe they even had a "following" of people enjoying these videos as "entertainment". Sick.

According to the link in Post #71, the father is claiming the "pranks" are either fake, staged, or exaggerated. This is in response to the backlash his previous You Tube videos have received. He sort of concedes that pushing his son into the bookcase may have been a little overboard, but claims they both just got a little carried away in their "acting." No big deal. :sad2:

Ah. I didn't watch that video.

I think they are staged, by the parents that is, but that doesn't make them any less abusive. It's not as if they sat the kids down and said, "Okay... I'm going to yell this to you, when I do that you cry..." etc. They staged scenarios that would upset their children and then they continued to do it to get even bigger reactions. All for Youtube views...Horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter