YouTube parents accused of abusing their kids for views

I watched a video on this Daddyofive channel by a Youtuber named Nerd City. (I won't link it here because the narrator uses some profanity). In it, there was a clip where the "prank" is on the youngest, Cody, and the parents tell him they are giving him up for adoption. I cried big ugly tears watching this poor child's reaction. I wanted to scoop him up, love him, tell him how awesome and wonderful and wanted he is. In the video he tries to escape by crawling under the bed, and his dad drags him out roughly. Cody pulls some of the bedrails out with him and his mom (actually step-mom) screams at him for breaking the bed. These people are CLEARLY abusing this child. In multiple clips, he has a bloody nose, bruises all over him. In one video (that I haven't seen) they go to Disney and leave Cody home because he's "bad" and has been smearing his feces on the walls -- CLEAR SIGN of an abused child. They antagonize this kid and then turn around and scream at him for being "bad" because of course he REACTS to being told he's bad and not loved or wanted. The mother flat out tells him in one video she doesn't like him, while he's already been crying so hard his poor face is swollen because he feels no one in the family wants him. I've been in distress over this since first hearing of these people last night and I hope something is done to help Cody (and all the kids really; they're all victims).

Now they are saying the poop was an over exaggerated and Cody was sick and they decided to do the "poop prank" because he was embarrassed about the real reason poop was every where. Um news flash why not just skip over that video all together?!

Also they then said Cody didn't go because it was too many kids and he would run off and get lost. It just seems like w convienant excuse why it is one of the stepchildren that got left behind.

Another website put up screenshots of the discipline board which was good in theory but only the 2 stepchildren were on it (cody and emma) and it had something like acting like a baby on it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw Phil's video the other day about this and was disgusted. Absolutely terrible.

No they are saying the poop was an over exaggerated and Cody was sick and they decided to do the "poop prank" because he was embarrassed about the real reason poop was every where. Um news flash why not just skip over that video all together?!

Also they then said Cody didn't go because it was too many kids and he would run off and get lost. It just seems like w convienant excuse why it is one of the stepchildren that got left behind.

Another website put up screenshots of the discipline board which was good in theory but only the 2 stepchildren were on it (cody and emma) and it had something like acting like a baby on it.
Any mention of the bio mother?

Any mention of the bio mother?

That just adds a whole different layer to the entire situation actually. She's done a few interviews and it is just more drama. These poor kids are stuck in a terrible he said she said situation between all the adults involved. She is trying to get custody of them again but it seems like there is a lot going on in this family so probably wasn't a smart idea to have a family youtube. These poor kids will always have to live with their personal family drama being out there for anyone and everyone to see. Yes they took down the video but more than enough vigilante youtubers have all the videos backed up so they can send them to any judge or cps. I'm starting to realize I was clearly really bored while sick that I keep checking back on reddit and twitter on this.

I didn't see any videos posted by these POS parents, just the lowlights in the video from the guy who outed them. Some people actually enjoy watching such abuse on You Tube?????

I read yesterday that dirtbag Daddy started a go-fund-me to bring a lawsuit against the whistlebower for slander/defamation. It raised $6 from one donor in 24 hours before it was removed.

I wouldn't be surprised if another video emerges in 10 years of the youngest kid blowing away the rest of the family with an Uzi.

I seriously doubt that the person being pranked actually enjoys it. And yes, really, that's where my mind goes. Shower pranks are sick, in my opinion and you can't shame me into thinking otherwise. If you are old enough to take a shower alone, you are old enough for the respect of privacy.
My kids showered alone at 4. I honestly think that my kids would think a shower prank hysterical. I've been tempted to do the kitchen faucet trick, but I dislike unnecessary messes. My friend's 11 year old plastic wrapped her toilet. My friend posted a picture of it on instagram, with a hashtag #nice try#gameon! I jump out of nowhere and scare my kids all of the time.

My kids showered alone at 4. I honestly think that my kids would think a shower prank hysterical. I've been tempted to do the kitchen faucet trick, but I dislike unnecessary messes. My friend's 11 year old plastic wrapped her toilet. My friend posted a picture of it on instagram, with a hashtag #nice try#gameon! I jump out of nowhere and scare my kids all of the time.

Agreed. And they would also be plotting how to get their parents back. That's part of the fun.

Pranking and goofing around with kids happens all the time. Heck my Mom goofs and pranks with me a lot and I do the same with her, but the pranks never had my mom verbally screaming at me which led me to crying. There is a line between verbally abuse and a prank. This in my opinion looks like it goes over that line.

Here are what I think are appropriate pranking rules:

1. The pranks shouldn't cause mental or physical harm.

2. People who don't want to be pranked shouldn't be pranked.

3. The time and place should be appropriate.

4. No rules or laws can be broken.

5. If you have to claim "It was only a joke." then you've gone too far.

I think the rules are flexible enough in implementation to account for the fact that different people have different pranking comfort levels.

So the parents put up another apology video today. Both clearly dressed very different then they usually did and it had some odd editing but the cliff notes verison is that they realize they let it get too far. They as the adults got too focused on how more likes and views equaled more money which meant more things they could get for their kids. They say they have started family counseling and hope to return to prove that they have learned from this but for now they are going to focus on their family.

So the parents put up another apology video today. Both clearly dressed very different then they usually did and it had some odd editing but the cliff notes verison is that they realize they let it get too far. They as the adults got too focused on how more likes and views equaled more money which meant more things they could get for their kids. They say they have started family counseling and hope to return to prove that they have learned from this but for now they are going to focus on their family.
Another words they consulted a lawyer who told them they better act contrite. ( pure guess but I'd lay money on it)

Another words they consulted a lawyer who told them they better act contrite. ( pure guess but I'd lay money on it)

I would believe it. I was trying to go through all the reddit threads but hard to tell what is fact and what is fiction.

Happen to have a link for the new video? N/M found it. Oh yeah, they got advice from a lawyer. New clothes, new 'dos and key words.

Last edited:
Our whole family is pranksters but we never hurt feelings and would never mentally abuse our children. We're fine, they're fine... Thanks for your concern.

***Maybe I should clarify "pranks" :
Putting a hair tie on the kitchen sprayer so it sprays the next person to turn it on, dumping a cold cup of water on them in the shower... etc.

My family does pranks on each other, too. I sewed one of my daughters pant legs shut and put it back in her dresser. Her and her friends had a great laugh about it when she tried to put them on. My other daughter taped a bunch of my stuff on the walls throughout the house. My oldest daughter put a walkie talkie in the youngest room and waited for her to go in to make ghost sounds. Great times!

This family did not do a prank on their child/children. This is pure abuse and I hope CPS gets involved.

Watching those first two videos posted by the OP, brought tears to my eyes. My heart aches for that little boy. As others have said, if this is what they are willing to put out there for the world to see, what is happening to these children when the camera is off? :sad1:
At the very least, YouTube needs to pull this "channel" from their site.

I'm not even going to waste my time defending my family anymore.

Think what you want...

For what it's worth, my sister and I did that to my dad as little kids. My mom even helped by lifting us up so we could reach other the shower door. My dad always laughed. So I agree with you. Not in the same league as these videos at all.

For what it's worth, my sister and I did that to my dad as little kids. My mom even helped by lifting us up so we could reach other the shower door. My dad always laughed. So I agree with you. Not in the same league as these videos at all.

And you weren't emotionally scarred by the invasion of privacy? :laughing:
Thank you. I knew we weren't THAT strange(in this context anyway).

My favorite line from the apology video? "We just want to make sure our kids don't have to deal with all the backlash from these video's". Um, ok?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts