YouTube Video

SorcererHeidi

Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me
Was just watching one from about 2 weeks ago (have seen this guy before, it shows his name as justinscarred), and decided to share a few things, and get your thoughts.

First off, his friend in the video says the Cinderella Suite in the castle used to be Central Reservations a long time ago - if I'd ever heard that, I'd forgotten it. Has anybody else heard that/know if that' true? I know on a Disney by Design behind-the-scenes tour I took a long time ago (early 90's), they said it was being used for costume and prop storage then.

I also noticed there was a Mary Poppins meet and greet going on at the hub near the castle, and there was a penguin fur character with her. I have NEVER seen a penguin as a character before! (He also comments on this in the video) Has anybody else? I love penguins, so would be so happy to meet him! He says in the video that Disney doesn't like you pointing your video/camera @ characters if you're not taking pics with them - I've never heard that, and wonder if anybody knows if that's true/what that's all about (unless maybe they're afraid of pedophiles doing that with kids with the characters???:??) I also saw Marie from the Aristocats doing a meet and greet in the hub near the Main St. Train Station - never seen her as a character before either, but I knew about her, since somebody had recently mentioned seeing her.

Last edited:
He says in the video that Disney doesn't like you pointing your video'camera @ characters if you're not taking pics with them - I've never heard that, and wonder if anybody knows if that's true/what that's all about (unless maybe they're afraid of pedophiles doing that with kids with the characters???:??)

This is definitely true. In fact, I was taking a picture of a character(I want to say it was Wall-E ...long time ago) and I caught him in between guests but decided to get one close up as some kids moved in and the CM clearly told me no photos while kids are with the character. The parents were right next to me and were surprised as well by the comment. She must have been paying close attention because she knew they weren't my children. Just for the record -I have given that up and I swear I'm not a pedophile....

Congrats on your question going up on The Trip!!

So some answers/opinions/things I've heard in the past

Yes, I believe there was central reservations in Cinderella's Castle - or at least some form of telephone call center - when they decided to not build the originally planned apartment for Walt's family after he died

I've heard of the penguin being out during special days (like the 24 hour party or during other events) - not typical

Marie is definitely near Main St station - close to the flag pole (I think she might alternate with Pluto). I know she is typically out in the mornings

Congrats on your question going up on The Trip!!

Thanx, I know it's silly, but I felt special for a microsecond, when I heard my name and questions. :) Told my friends about it, and (after they laughed at me - LOL), we recalled feeling somewhat the same years ago when we all worked on a Disney related web site together, and people feeling intimidated or too bashful or excited to meet us, so we have seen/felt the reaction of being a big fish in a small pond from both sides. :o

Reactions: GAN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter