Yummy places to eat in San Francisco?

Be sure to check out the Farmers Market at the Ferry building http://www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com/

It's a beautiful walk from Fisherman's Wharf (20 minutes along the waterfront). You'll find local art and nice souviners as well as the traditional flowers, nuts, frutis and veggies. There is a really good vibe there if you like to mill about farmers markets. At the Ferry Building, Taylor's Refresher has excellent burgers and you can sit outside along the embarcadero and watch the city go by. $5 to $10 for burgers, salads etc in some great flavor combos. DH and I like to split a burger and order of onion rings, with a shake a piece--fills us up. Mijita is a small taqueria on the water side of the building. It's nice to grab a couple tacos and a beer and sit outside and watch the ferries come and go. Miette has some beautiful cakes (small and large). Take a cupcake to go and find a pretty spot to endulge in the cake and the view.

princesstigerlilly said:
. . . At the Ferry Building, Taylor's Refresher has excellent burgers and you can sit outside along the embarcadero and watch the city go by. $5 to $10 for burgers, salads etc in some great flavor combos. . .

We love the garlic fries.

Woody

Scoma's is an Italian seafood place in the Fisheman's wharf area. It's not on pier 39, nor is it in the real wharf area where Alioto's and all of those are. It is a little bit further toward Ghiradelli Square, actually only abnout a block from Allioto's, but then up a little street out toward the Bay.

It's the most wonderful seafood you'll ever eat. If you go after about 7 PM, plan on waiting at least an hour. The food is to die for. They have a website, but I guess its against the rules to put that here. You can google it.

Elephant Bar (chain restaurant) has a location near the airport with great views of the bay and airplanes landing. Good reasonably priced food with full bar.

The House of Prime Rib is also a landmark. All they serve is prime rib and the trimmings. They also have a catch of the day for non-beef eaters

Don't forget Sausalito if you want to drive over the bridge, there are some wonderful restaurants over there with great views of SF on the water....

No restaurant suggestions--but, I had to second the warm jacket. I was there last year on the first weekend in August and had to buy a jacket and warm hat just to walk along the piers. Coldddddd!!!!!!!!

Niele said:
Don't forget Sausalito if you want to drive over the bridge, there are some wonderful restaurants over there with great views of SF on the water....

The last time we took the ferry to Sausalito, we ate at the Scoma's there -- it was wonderful!

Woody

TammyAlphabet said:
No restaurant suggestions--but, I had to second the warm jacket. I was there last year on the first weekend in August and had to buy a jacket and warm hat just to walk along the piers. Coldddddd!!!!!!!!

Tell me about it, April in SF is cooler then in Michigan!

First and foremost - try to stay from the chain restaurants...

Koi Palace (in Daly City, just south of SF proper) is considered by many to have the best Dim Sum in the area. 365 Gellert Blvd, Daly City CA 94015. Tel: (650) 992-9000

Nopa is very popular right now. "urban rustic food and specializing in organic wood-fired cuisine." Their wine list is very well thought out.
560 Divisadero Street @ Hayes
San Francisco, CA 94117
Phone (415) 864-8643

One of our favourite ever restaurants is Helmand - An Afghan restaurant in Broadway (which is off Columbus, up towards the Chinatown end). The food is totally delicious and the restaurant is a lovely calm place with excellent service.

For a fun, lively Italian try Calzones on Columbus

We always avoided Bubba Gump (not keen on chain restaurants) but having eaten at the one in Orlando recently I would highly recommend it. The SF one is in Pier 39. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter