• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yummy vegan/vegetarian gluten free options?

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
I've cut out almost all meat products. I eat some egg whites and occasional cheese. I've also discovered that I'm gluten sensitive so I've cut out gluten too. Makes it tough I tell ya! Anyway, what are some of the yummy vegan/vegetarian gluten free items/dishes/meals that you've had on the ships?

I am mostly vegetarian and recently gluten free too! I cannot eat fish (sadly because I used to love all kinds- including sashimi sushi) either. When I last cruised on the Magic I wasn't gluten free yet, and had some bummer vegetarian dishes that were mediocre at best. I was happy that I had some vegetarian choices though on every menu. On the buffets. there was always fruits and veggies, and if you can eat salmon, they had it with capers and thin sliced onion which looked fresh and yummy. They had an omelet station that I bet would create an egg white omelet of your choice at the Beach Blanket buffet. I like dairy, (which I probably shouldn't eat much of), so I found that on both of my cruises on the Wonder and the Magic, that I had plenty of choices of cheese to eat! Loved the cheese plates lol! Luckily, I do not have celiac disease, I only have allergies to gluten, so I probably will not have huge problems finding dining solutions on my next cruise. I asked my DH of what I ordered on my last cruise and we can't remember. I only remember clearly that I did not go hungry!! Good luck & Have a great cruise!! :cool1::thumbsup2:yay::cheer2:

I am mostly vegetarian and recently gluten free too! I cannot eat fish (sadly because I used to love all kinds- including sashimi sushi) either. When I last cruised on the Magic I wasn't gluten free yet, and had some bummer vegetarian dishes that were mediocre at best. I was happy that I had some vegetarian choices though on every menu. On the buffets. there was always fruits and veggies, and if you can eat salmon, they had it with capers and thin sliced onion which looked fresh and yummy. They had an omelet station that I bet would create an egg white omelet of your choice at the Beach Blanket buffet. I like dairy, (which I probably shouldn't eat much of), so I found that on both of my cruises on the Wonder and the Magic, that I had plenty of choices of cheese to eat! Loved the cheese plates lol! Luckily, I do not have celiac disease, I only have allergies to gluten, so I probably will not have huge problems finding dining solutions on my next cruise. I asked my DH of what I ordered on my last cruise and we can't remember. I only remember clearly that I did not go hungry!! Good luck & Have a great cruise!! :cool1::thumbsup2:yay::cheer2:

Thank you! I try to avoid cheese but I eat a little. On our last cruise I wasn't vegetarian or gluten free so I didn't pay attention to what the options were. Do you remember there bring good options in the MDRs for dinner or at Palo?

I totally remember vegetarian options at every venue including Palo brunch. The server at Palo was exceptional who helped me by pointing out the items for me. I would recommend Palo anytime! I wish I remembered my menu items better (after all it was only last year for both a week on the Wonder in APR and a week on the Magic in NOV). I do remember the cheese (happy thoughts) and that every place we went had vegetarian options! It will be different now for me avoiding gluten! I will be a wrecked woman if I become lactose intolerant. lol
:rotfl:

I totally remember vegetarian options at every venue including Palo brunch. The server at Palo was exceptional who helped me by pointing out the items for me. I would recommend Palo anytime! I wish I remembered my menu items better (after all it was only last year for both a week on the Wonder in APR and a week on the Magic in NOV). I do remember the cheese (happy thoughts) and that every place we went had vegetarian options! It will be different now for me avoiding gluten! I will be a wrecked woman if I become lactose intolerant. lol
:rotfl:

Ok that's great! I love Palo pizza. I wonder if they will be able to make me a gluten free one?

I'm mildly lactose intolerant and a small amount of cheese on occasion has been ok. I agree the combo is tough! I feel so much better though. No constant pain or intestinal issues. No joint pain anymore either.

Please notify DCL of your gluten intolerance. They only carry a certain amount of items, so they need a head count to make sure they don't run out!

Can you get life is good cookies? Can you take pre packaged food off the ship?

i was on disney cruise before as a vegan and didnt have any issues. make sure it is noted on your reservation and the head waiter will be your waiter at dinner. you will select all of your meals the night before. I would recommend eating at the sit downs rather that the buffets as you can speak with someone. Im going again in Sept and i cant wait!

I would be very cautious of what they call 'vegetarian' as caviar is used as a garnish on leek and potato soup and also Parmesan cheese is used which contains animal rennet - so heaven knows what else non-vegetarian is used under the label 'vegetarian'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter