• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yup another Atlantis question...HELP!

Mommyto2Mousers

Earning My Ears
Okay so we are a family of 6 that are going on a cruise in Dec.7-11. From what I understand it is cheaper to book a room at COmfort Suites than actually booking the excursion. What is the normal price for a room at comfort? We had checked last week and it was $180. Is this the average? I also heard that you can only check in 4 people, so does that mean we have to get 2 rooms? Last question...i hope....when did you guys book the room? last minute or way in advance? Ah...wait another question, is there an aquarium there too that is included in the wristbands? I really appreciate all the feedback and advice. This is our first cruise and we have no idea what to do. You guys rock!

We booked our room there at comfort suites 4 months before we went. We were just there on Oct. 7, 2008. We were a party of 3 though, so not sure how many can be checked in a room. They let us check in and we went to the room to put stuff there, then we walked across a parking lot like walkway to get to Atlantis. I will say Atlantis is very big and impressive but we spent 5 hours there and I know we did not see and do everything. There is an aquarium that you will get to go thru that is included with the wrist band you get from comfort inn. Everything atlantis has to offer, pools, aquarium, slides lazy river is all included as well as towels. It was well worth the money. But NOTE**** the comfort inn tacks on a ton of fees because they know cruisers only book their room for the day. Our room rate was $150.00 But once we paid and checked out our total cost with all fees was $196.00 for the day. We did return to the room after our day at atlantis to shower and freshen up, then we took the taxi back to port to go shopping. Also note when planning taxi's are $4.00 per person each way, there is a $2.00 bridge toll on the way there only. Also all the stores close at 5:30p.m. so if you plan to shop keep that in mind.

I can answer those...yep, you need two rooms. Although you may never step foot in the room, you still need 6 braclets.

The braclets give you access to the pools/slides, beach and aquarium/dig.

There are some ways to get discounted CS rates. There is alot of talk about this on cruise critic Bahama board. There is one site where you can book CS for alot less. The details are here...
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=817349

Although Atlantis is alot of fun, it's not the absolute end all/be all in Nassau. There are some cheaper things to do.

The CS also has hotel taxes, housekeeping/energy fee, etc that will raise the price. So you have to factor that in as well. So far, you are looking at $63pp (probably more with taxes/fees).

Just wanted you to be totally aware of all of the charges. You could do the stingray beach adventure at Blackbeard's cay for less per person.

Okay so we are a family of 6 that are going on a cruise in Dec.7-11. From what I understand it is cheaper to book a room at COmfort Suites than actually booking the excursion. What is the normal price for a room at comfort? We had checked last week and it was $180. Is this the average?

I've booked a room at CS twice for early to mid-Dec visits and both times it was $80 plus taxes/surcharges. It's best to book now to ensure a room and keep checking back for rate drops (I would expect closer to Thanksgiving or maybe right after it will drop).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter