YVR-TPA for $400 this summer

TinkFan74

DIS Veteran
Air Canada has $400 flights from YVR to Tampa with many dates throughout the summer. I saved enough on airfare for four people to cover the cost of my car rental.

Oh, that's a good price!! I'll be happy if we can get that price from YVR to Houston for our January 2017 cruise out of Galveston.

Oh, that's a good price!! I'll be happy if we can get that price from YVR to Houston for our January 2017 cruise out of Galveston.
I have been blessed by the airfare gods lately; two weeks ago I booked YVR-LAX for $65 return including taxes.

I have been blessed by the airfare gods lately; two weeks ago I booked YVR-LAX for $65 return including taxes.

Prices like that are great but they make me wonder if the airlines are not going to start cancelling some of these flights to U.S. destinations if they do not fill enough seats. I have been watching the fares on our booked flights we got on a deal and am actually thankful when I see the fares go up which means they are selling seats on them.

Prices like that are great but they make me wonder if the airlines are not going to start cancelling some of these flights to U.S. destinations if they do not fill enough seats. I have been watching the fares on our booked flights we got on a deal and am actually thankful when I see the fares go up which means they are selling seats on them.

West Jet has cancelled numerous flights out of Edmonton - stopped the direct flights to Kamloops, Nanaimo and reducing the frequency between Edmonton and Calgary...so it's already happening. AC dropped the direct flight from Edmonton to London a couple months back too.

West Jet has cancelled numerous flights out of Edmonton - stopped the direct flights to Kamloops, Nanaimo and reducing the frequency between Edmonton and Calgary...so it's already happening. AC dropped the direct flight from Edmonton to London a couple months back too.

Yes, but those changes are due to the downturn in the oil industry in this province. The cancellations I am referencing would be related to far fewer people travelling outside of Canada due to the low CAD and my concern is that it be done at the last minute - like we only have a 20% full plane so we are moving you to another flight.

WOW! which airline? I thought we had to risk Allegiant out of bellingham for those numbers
It was Delta, apparently it was a computer error as the base fare was $0, so all you paid for were the fees. This fare only lasted a short time, then it went back up to $289.

It was Delta, apparently it was a computer error as the base fare was $0, so all you paid for were the fees. This fare only lasted a short time, then it went back up to $289.

Odd. I thought you had to fly to the U.S. to take an American carrier into the U.S. as all the flights going out of Canada are partnered with a Canadian carrier. Perhaps this is not true.

Odd. I thought you had to fly to the U.S. to take an American carrier into the U.S. as all the flights going out of Canada are partnered with a Canadian carrier. Perhaps this is not true.

It is a flight going to the USA - she's flying from Vancouver to Los Angeles.

It is a flight going to the USA - she's flying from Vancouver to Los Angeles.

Sorry I meant i thought you had to DRIVE to the USA to take an american carrier - I was under the impression that you cannot book a flight thorugh an American carrier on a flight originating from Canada - that all flights that originate from Canada are aligned with a Canadian carrier - for example we are flying to LAX from Calgary and we are flying with Westjet and they will say - "welcome to Westjet flight XXXX and our afiliate Delta Flight XXX etc." That is why people who live near the border drive to an American airport as you can't just book directly with an American carrier. Anyway maybe this has changed or maybe I am wrong or maybe I am wrong but I'd love to be able to do that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter