• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra Domes at Mara? Jiko questions??? Boma????

S

susy

We are headed back to AKL (yipee) after two years and I want to know what your favorite things to eat are??

How is the Taste of Arica at Jiko?

What are your favorite dishes at Boma?

Mara????

I have eaten breakfast and dinner at Boma and both were very good. Dinner has prime rib, ham, special African bushman pies, assorted vegetables. I found many of the items to be lightly seasoned. However, one bushman pie found near the prime rib was a bit spicey. I was disappointed in their sweet potato/irish potato mix. I thought it was bland. The breakfast and dinner flat breads are all good. Desserts are very very good.
At Mara, I have had the stew in a bread bowl and fried shrimp. The stew was good but had too many peppers in it for my taste. The fried shrimp was good and a very large serving. I think it had about 12 large shrimp. You can buy zebra domes, paw print brownies and carrot cake at Mara.
I have never eaten at Jiko's.

Make Sure go to Boma .........ask for the chef if you don't like anything from the buffet.....FC

Only had scrambled eggs and bacon at Mara....fresh and good. You can get zebra domes there....packaged up and ready to take to your room ::yes::

LOVE BOMA....taste all the soups....if you'd told me I would fall in love with a Cocoanut Chicken Curry soup, I never would have believed you (the words cocoanut and curry would have put me off)!

Had a wonderful birthday dinner at Jiko last November....starting with a lovely apple martini.....had a pork dish that melted in my mouth.....finished off with a chocolate something that was soooo good I lost consciousness and can't remember the details ;)

I'm looking forward to Boma for dinner on September 8th!

Mara has the most amazing soup....I have dreams about the chicken pepperpot soup! We found the selection rather limited but what we got was very good.
I can't say enough good things about Boma. Hands down my favorite WDW restaurant. Some favorites: the prime rib, I ask for an end piece; the spices are wonderful and the sauces so good. The salads with the interesting vinagrettes (sp?), interesting vegetable dishes, and the desserts...I can't wait to go back!
Never been to Jiko, hoping we will be there in December.

Love the Bacon, egg and cheese bagels at Mara. I also agree the fried shrimp there is very good and a large portion. I tried the Zebra Domes and they were delicious, but I didn't care for the chocolate mousse that came with them because the cookies on the bottom were too hard. DH and DD loved the fresh baked cookies. DD expecially loved the Macadamia nut cookies.

CDRN1 - I too loved that pepperpot soup, tons of veggies. I also really like the African stew in the bread bowl. YUM YUM!!

There were 7 of us on the trip last Oct and we ate many a meal at Mara and everything we tried was tasty and fresh. We got zebra domes at least once per day, those were our favs of the trip.

We also loved Boma and I think I tried most everything offered. There was only one thing I didn't care for and it was that watermelon rind salad thing, just a little to weird for me, taste wise. The humus spreads were very good!!

We didn't get to Jiko since we had a little one in tow and I didn't want to risk it. It smelled wonderful everytime we walked by though and would have loved to try it.

Pammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter