• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra Domes: what are they??

What are Zebra Domes and where would we find them???
TIA

Zebra Domes - A little bit of heaven that you can get at Boma or Mara at AKL! (The 5 piece box at Mara counts as a snack credit.)

Zebra Domes are sponge cake rounds, topped with Amarula (I think...could be Kahlua.) mousse, and covered with ganache. Then they are drizzled with chocolate.

zebra-dome.jpg

Pure heavenly yumminess!!!! :cloud9: Some say they aren't all that, but I say they're devine. :cloud9: It's a combination of the silky textures of mousse like creaminess and light taste of white choclate, dark choc (not a lot) and the not so over powering taste of Kaluha or how ever you spell it and a little cake at the bottom to round it all out. :laughing: Very tasty. Mmmmm, making me drool thinking about it. :)

They are AWESOME that's what ^.^ I would not say they are the best thing I have ever eaten and can even be a little overwhelming for some. I could only have one when I went to Boma just my taste buds were a bit overcome with all the flavors I had had that night by then and my Grandmother hated them all together (crazy old lady that she is!) but it's definitly something that you should try at least once at Disney.

Had them in August from Mara. They are alright I guess, but I would rather have a mickey ice cream bar. . .lol. Then again I would almost always rather have ice cream than any other dessert. . .

Okay, for me these are a little sweet. We bought the box of 5 domes at Mara and there were 4 of us. Didn't finish the box cause none of us were that impressed. But that was just our opinions. . .some people swear by them.

Love Zebra Domes. :love: Glad that Mara has them too. Although I don't buy them often, even that way.
But check out the Chai Cream dessert at Sanaa. :worship:

Had them in August from Mara. They are alright I guess, but I would rather have a mickey ice cream bar. . .lol. Then again I would almost always rather have ice cream than any other dessert. . .

Okay, for me these are a little sweet. We bought the box of 5 domes at Mara and there were 4 of us. Didn't finish the box cause none of us were that impressed. But that was just our opinions. . .some people swear by them.

I am with you. I didn't love them either. I definately had crazy expectations for them because of everything I read before I tried them. I thought they were smooshy and tasted like overly sweet, cheap white chocolate...maybe I had a bad batch? I definately didn't feel the *Zebra Dome Love*.;)

I desperately wanted to like them after all I read about them on the Dis....they are ok. Something about them doesn't turn me on....maybe the texture. I will try them again in a few days...they put them out at concierge and I will be there on WED!!:banana::banana:

I'm not that enthused with them but they are popular. There are a few other items on the Boma buffet that I like much better, like those Oreo things. Yum!!!!

I thought they were great. Yummmmmmm Does anyone know for sure if they serve them for breakfast at Boma?

I am with you. I didn't love them either. I definately had crazy expectations for them because of everything I read before I tried them. I thought they were smooshy and tasted like overly sweet, cheap white chocolate...maybe I had a bad batch? I definately didn't feel the *Zebra Dome Love*.;)
We searched for these when staying at the AKL. They are one of the most popular items on the Boma buffet since opening day, but we also do not find them to match the hype. Their clearly a buffet dessert that does not even register on our dessert radar...smooshy, odd texture coated with economical chocolates...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter