• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra Domes?

kupperman

Captain EO rules!!
Can someone tell me exactly whats in a zebra dome and what do they taste like? I've seen the pictures and they look good but I want to know what's in them. Thanks.

Its a mocha mousse (lightly coffee flavored) topped with a hard ganache (chocolate) on top of a small peice of spongecake. Ours were a little stale and not very good. Excellent idea, poor execution. Mousse really needs to be served quickly, or it tastes like old whipped cream (which is basically what it is - whipped cream with chocolate in it) - these had been made too long ago.

I had the domes from both Boma & Mara last summer and they were fine, go to the boma there are lots of lovely deserts to try some just as good as the domes

Thanks for your responses everyone. They sound good, I think I'll give them a try. :teeth:

I tried Boma's for the first time due to everyone raving about it here on the DIS. It was a wonderful meal & we will be returning this August. The zebra domes were good but they also had these "chocolate mousse pyramids" which were delish!!! (not sure what they are called) also small fruit tartlettes..yummy. :lovestruc Looking forward to dining there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter