• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra Domes?

raestr

Mouseketeer
Where besides the Mara can I get Zebra Domes? We got some at the Mara in December, and I would like to get some during our next trip, but I would like to visit some different resorts next time.

Thank you!

If they're the desserts I'm thinking of I think they are in the dessert case in The Land food court.

Zebra Domes are round cake/cookie things (there is something soft and white in the very middle also) covered in white chocolate and have dark chocolate drizzled over them making 'lines.' They are about the size of a golf ball and you get 5 in a container. I know I am not describing these well, but they are really good! I don't even like white chocolate and I like Zebra Domes.

That would be great if we could pick them up in Epcot at the Land Food Court.

Thanks for all of the responses!

OMG they sound delicious! I am gonna have to hunt them down when I go to the park next

I think they are only at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but that would be great if they were available at the Land. They are small, individual treats made with kahlua-flavored mousse on a small sponge cake round wafer. They are then covered in white chocolate ganache and dark chocolate is drizzled over them, making the "zebra" stripes. They are served on a cold platter or kept in a cooler so they don't melt into a mess... They are very rich and VERY delicious! Here's the recipe:

ZEBRA COFFEE DOME

Boma - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 16 servings

Ingredients:

1 pound Milk Chocolate

2 ounces Espresso Coffee

5 Egg Yolks

2 ½ ounces Sugar

6 sheets Gelatin

4 ounces Kahlua Liqueur

4 cups Heavy Cream

6 ounces White Chocolate Ganache

2 ounces Dark Chocolate Ganache

Method:

1. Melt milk chocolate.

2. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.

3. Mix yolks with sugar.

4. Soften gelatin leaves in cold water.

5. Mix gelatin with Kahlua and coffee. Set bowl over hot water bath to dissolve the gelatin.

6. Fold 1/3 of whipped cream into the chocolate.

7. Add the yolks, then the gelatin mixture.

8. Fold in the rest of the cream.

9. Pour mousse in flexipan domes almost to the top.

10. Place sponge circle on top. Leave in the freezer to set.

11. Once hard, unmold and place in glazing racks.

12. Make white chocolate ganache and chocolate ganache.

13. Put chocolate ganache in a pastry bag. Ladle white chocolate ganache to cover each dome. Simultaneously, pipe a stripe design of chocolate ganache over the dome.

14. Refrigerate to allow the glaze to set.

15. Decorate the bottom edge with coffee crunch.

16. Place a chocolate covered coffee bean on the center of each dome.

Just a caution about the Zebra Domes - they contain alcohol so they may not be appropriate for all people.

This may be a silly question, but there are buffets here that do weirder things...

Does anyone know if the zebra domes are on the buffet at Boma during breakfast? (If not, I will have to seriously invest in some, they sound WONDERFUL)

This may be a silly question, but there are buffets here that do weirder things...

Does anyone know if the zebra domes are on the buffet at Boma during breakfast? (If not, I will have to seriously invest in some, they sound WONDERFUL)

Boma does not serve Zebra Domes at the breakfast buffet.

Even though they are only at Boma DINNER, I think the Mara (food court near the pool) regularly has them. My daughter was thrilled to discover this last year when we visited AKL to hang out, shop and have lunch. There were 5 of them in a little container and they were around $3.79, I think. I noticed they were available as a snack credit if you were on the Dining Plan. She ate all 5 and refused to share ANY! We had been to Boma that trip -- we ALWAYS go to Boma -- but she was happy to get a 2nd shot at her all-time favorite dessert.

Dsis was at AKL, she brought me two zebra domes back. I ate them today, yummy.................:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter