Zebras removed from Kilimanjaro Safaris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zebras Removed Permanently After 4 Months from Kilimanjaro Safaris

http://wdwnt.com/zebras-removed-permanently-after-4-months-from-kilimanjaro-safaris/

images

How do I change my FP+ from the zebras another animal??

I have to admit I am a bit amused by this story because I have witnessed first hand zebras being fiesty... and with a giraffe none the less.

We stay at AKL yearly and two years ago a zebra decided that he wanted to eat the giraffes food and had pushed the giraffe out of the way and was kicking the giraffe with his hind legs everytime he tried to come back to the tree and eat. The zebra didn't even face the giraffe, just kept backing up into him and kicking him with his hind legs when he tried to eat the food that had fallen on the ground.

I don't know what was so tasty about the giraffes food or if they feed the giraffes and zebras the same food at the AKL, but I do know that they put the giraffe's food high in the trees where they would normally find it in the wild; the zebra's food would obviously be much lower down on the tree. So, the zebra was eating what had fallen out of the giraffe's feeding box because the giraffe had pulled it out right when we got to the window... then along came zebra and took over.

I have to admit it was funny and of course I didn't have my camera but there were a few families from Wales there laughing it up with us. Can't believe that zebra was so bossy.

So, if the zebra decided it didn't like it's new 'station', the food, the guests on the savannah, etc., you can see why the had to remove them. They can be fiesty!

OMG!... ROFL!!!! I pictured the scene in head... Lol! This made my day.

I did the Wild Africa Trek a couple weeks back (amazing tour!), and during our lunch break I had a great conversation with one of our guides about the Zebras. The quick summary is that Zebras are basically the d-bag a-holes of the African plains. They don't like other animals, and they tend not to like thier own kind either. The zebras were causing problems for anyone and anything right from the get-go. Animal Kingdom apparently has what they call a 'time out' area either over by the lodge, or on another part of the park where they send all of the crazy animals. They were able to observe and finally found three (I think?) zebras that they were able to bring back onto the Safari preserve tour. I guess the rest get to stay in 'time-out'.

How do I change my FP+ from the zebras another animal??
:thumbsup2

I did the Wild Africa Trek a couple weeks back (amazing tour!), and during our lunch break I had a great conversation with one of our guides about the Zebras. The quick summary is that Zebras are basically the d-bag a-holes of the African plains. They don't like other animals, and they tend not to like thier own kind either. The zebras were causing problems for anyone and anything right from the get-go. Animal Kingdom apparently has what they call a 'time out' area either over by the lodge, or on another part of the park where they send all of the crazy animals. They were able to observe and finally found three (I think?) zebras that they were able to bring back onto the Safari preserve tour. I guess the rest get to stay in 'time-out'.
Very funny. :laughing:

HAHAHA! This made my day!

The quick summary is that Zebras are basically the d-bag a-holes of the African plains.

Sounds about right. When we were at the San Diego Zoo (possibly the Wild Animal Park, not sure which) there was a giraffe missing his tail. The guide told us a zebra bit it off.

Let's be honest, folks.

The most impressive, awe-inspiring rare animal species exhibit in the U.S.....

....is in the Bronx.

The Congo Gorilla Forest Encounter at the Bronx Zoo (a.k.a. now branded as the Wildlife Conservation Society) blows away anything at AK, including the Safari.

alg_gorilla.jpg

pattycake-2008.jpg

121226_SCI_BronxZoo.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

5587011602_85fc90e631_z.jpg

Let's be honest, folks.

....is in the Bronx.

The Congo Gorilla Forest Encounter at the Bronx Zoo (a.k.a. now branded as the Wildlife Conservation Society) blows away anything at AK, including the Safari.

Not bad

Whale sharks at Georgia aquarium and the giant pandas...anywhere...I also submit

Let's be honest, folks.

....is in the Bronx.

alg_gorilla.jpg

pattycake-2008.jpg

121226_SCI_BronxZoo.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

5587011602_85fc90e631_z.jpg

I have to agree. The Bronx Zoo is one of my all-time favorite places, and I am so glad that I live 30 minutes away and can visit it often.

This is great!:rotfl2: I'd love to see the time-out area with the bad*** zebras.:rotfl:

Our local DC news has a story today that demonstrates just how "charming" zebras can be:

]http://www.wtop.com/109/3507553/1-hurt-in-1st-ever-Natl-Zoo-zebra-attack

I think I won't want to sit on the farthest left or right seats of any more trams going through ersatz savannas.

I so wish the zoo concept were floated back when Walt was still around for I can only imagine what the zoo experience would have become had he had his hands in it.

I think this, WWWD?, about so many things related to Disney Corp. I recall reading about Walt while he was still building DL and the set of trains that runs through a small town for people to view, not to ride. One of Walt's employees told him he could save money if he made the stained glass in the church out of plastic and no one would ever know it isn't real stained glass.
Walt replied, "But I'd know." so it was made of real stained glass at Walt's request. One of many little things I'd like to notice if this east coast girl ever gets out to visit DLR instead of WDW.

Without him there to guide management, they are cheapening up a LOT of things, more and more as time goes on.

:offtopic:
Don't even get me started on the sterile, uninviting, bland-diet looking room refurbishments. :rolleyes: Besides the overall amenities available at the deluxe resorts, the actual rooms don't look very deluxe. As far as design, the rooms at Pop are looking better and better all the time. :headache::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!