Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

I love your dining reports so so much, and am always so sad to see them come to an end. Can't wait until you're traveling to WDW again!

We had gone to Hilton Head and Savannah in August many years ago. I remember that the night never cooled down much and the ocean was as warm as bathwater. It was actually too warm for us. :)

Casey looks very happy to be at the beach this summer. :)

Perfect ending. I didn't mind the "slow roll" one bit. Crossing my fingers that all will work out for you to visit later in the fall AND that the trip leads to lots of tipsy notes. :goodvibes

Thankfully the girls weren't moving the lazy Susan too fast or I would have been right there with ya. Of course my husband wanted to get on said Lazy Susan and be spun around so that would have been all the spins
All the spins... :faint: :laughing:

Bloody Mary's and Creepy Clowns of course.
I don't know how else one is supposed to celebrate a birthday?!

Thanks to everyone for following along on our forking good dining adventures and apologies it took so long to get this done.
It was a forking good time, Kari. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for having me be a part of it! :hug:

We do have our next trip planned for late October/November, and provided Florida is in better shape by then, it will hopefully happen and I'll have more to share.
I hope all goes smoothly and you can finally return to Disney after a full year ::yes::

Come on Ride the (Morimoto Asia) Train

Hi everyone! Happy August or as it is known in our house: My birthday month. So in honor of it's Kari's Birthday Awareness Month and since its been almost a year to the day since we endeavored on this little trip of ours I thought I would finally write about our last Disney meal. I'll warn ya the pics are terrible, but the notes are tipsy, and a great night was had by all.

We'd last left off with drinks at Jock's Lindseys with the fabulous Ariella aka @StarWarsMomofGirls! and the artist formerly known as @ariane37. She's going by some strange symbol these days that I can't seem to find the characters for. We'd arranged dinner together at Morimoto Asia and I was so excited since our previous meals here had been fabulous. Spoiler alert that was not the case this time but the company was so forkin' good.
View attachment 515117
Love these ladies ♥

We were seated towards the back of the restaurant at a huge table with a massive lazy Susan (not to be confused with @suse66 who is decidedly awesome and not lazy) in the middle. View attachment 515118
In addition to being joined by the Hey Butt Cheek gang again that is my Kirin Beer front and center. I'm gonna go with this either cost $10 or I had 5 of them because my notes said "Kirin 10 each for 5"

Jason ordered a "Japanese whiskey Nokia cod grain" which clearly was either made from an old school flip phone or cod grain. Either way he had whiskey and was with our favorite sanitation worker so he was a happy boy.

View attachment 515120

While we waited for some food our budding cinematographers continued their theatric marvel otherwise known as Hey Butt Cheek.
Look out Spielberg!

Eventually our appetizers came and we started with the amazing Morimoto Asia ribs which are pork ribs, cilantro, and hoisin sweet chili glaze.

View attachment 515122
These are some of the best ribs I've ever had. Tender, crispy, sweet, and spicy these are everything you'd want your ribs to be.

Casey branched out on her own and went for the spider roll which is tempura soft shell crab, spicy mayo, cucumber, and asparagus.

View attachment 515125
Pretty sure she didn't let us try this but "Casey spider took typical hit she likes."

While we waited for entrees the lazy Susan took center stage as it collided with Brer Frog from the Hey Butt Cheek gang for a trip around our Morimoto world.

Mmm...Frog It's Whats for Dinner
View attachment 515129

And not to be undone Mrs. Hey Butt Cheek got into the lazy susan train mix too.

While clearly the party was heating up, sadly the food was about to do down hill. For entrees Jason and I decided to share two different items. I was in a seafood mood and noddle kinda mood so we ordered the Seafood Crispy Shanghai Noodles with jumbo shrimp, scallop, calamari, seasonal greens, garlic, and shio dare sauce.
View attachment 515130
This was bad from the jump as "Shanghai night noodle bit what I expected fried food not noodles mix with ick brownie sauce shrink good but calamari taste like cheap bufet and wouldn’t order again." Between the weird sauce, mushrooms, and bad calamari this was a definite fail.

We also ordered the Morimoto “Buri-Bop” - Korean style yellowtail rice bowl, served in a hot clay pot, finished with egg yolk, and prepared tableside. We'd had this before and it was one of the best things we'd ever had on property.

View attachment 515132
Sadly not today. This is supposed to be served in a 400 degree clay pot so the rice gets super crispy and the tuna cooks, but our pot was barely warm to the touch. We sent it back, which we never do, but even try #2 was not up to snuff.

While our apps were good I'm gonna have to give Mr. Morimoto just three forky's because "Grey meal for friends not dood but all fine I the end saved 34."

But of course the ever illusive 10 forky's for time with our wonderful friends.
View attachment 515133

View attachment 515134

Up next, Toto I don't think we're in Disney anymore...
Only 19 weeks until all the sushi my heart desires.:hourglass I'm over here envying mediocre theme park sushi... desperate times. Looks like a fun night even if the food wasn't as great as hoped! I can't wait until our little almost-baby (?) is old enough for Disney dining!!

I hope you are having an amazing birthday trip! What have you been feeding Casey?? She has grown again!!! The first time I met you guys she had just given up her stroller at the parks!
Thanks Susan! She is growing like a weed. We took her to the doctor yesterday and she'd grown almost 2 inches and only put on 1 pound since February. Wish I could say the same :P

In other news, I booked Hilton Head for March Break and am planning a day in Savannah so must bug you about restaurants. I mean if it's not too much trouble....I know you hate talking about food. ;)
That is awesome! Yes you know how I hate to talk about food so I'll want to contribute absolutely nothing.

Great photos! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Casey gets more grown up with every installment of your report. ThinkThat’s the first time I’ve seen Casey eat a kids meal. You and Jason are forever young of course! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes
Thanks Moira. I like to think she gets older while we get younger 😃

The beach vacation looks amazing, wish I was there, 6 feet away of course, 😃
It was blissful Caroline. We'd walk on the beach every morning and rarely saw another person. During the day it was more like groups were 60 feet away, not 6, so social distancing was never an issue.

I love your dining reports so so much, and am always so sad to see them come to an end. Can't wait until you're traveling to WDW again!
Thanks Teresa!

We had gone to Hilton Head and Savannah in August many years ago. I remember that the night never cooled down much and the ocean was as warm as bathwater. It was actually too warm for us. :)
It certainly gets warm. We actually headed back to Savannah earlier this week and had 2 days where the humidity wasn't goo bad, but otherwise no thank you

Perfect ending. I didn't mind the "slow roll" one bit. Crossing my fingers that all will work out for you to visit later in the fall AND that the trip leads to lots of tipsy notes. :goodvibes
Thanks Christine. Hoping our trip works out too. We've at least decided to drive if we go so that is one worry gone, but of course there are so many more

It was a forking good time, Kari. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for having me be a part of it! :hug:
Thanks for joining in on the fun. Wish we could have spent more time with you :lovestruc

I hope all goes smoothly and you can finally return to Disney after a full year ::yes::
Me too!!!!

Only 19 weeks until all the sushi my heart desires.:hourglass I'm over here envying mediocre theme park sushi... desperate times. Looks like a fun night even if the food wasn't as great as hoped! I can't wait until our little almost-baby (?) is old enough for Disney dining!!
Hope you are feeling good. I remember those days of no sushi or alcohol. Be sure to get the baby started on sushi early so they can join in on the fun. Casey has been eating it since she was 2 and still declares it her favorite food.

Duh, I thought I already commented on your last post :sad2:

On the National Holiday that is the day of my birth we had brunch at Collins Quarter where I celebrated in the most traditional way.

Bloody Mary's and Creepy Clowns of course.

Of course! :thumbsup2

We flew home not knowing it would be a year before we would get to see a vacation again.

It's hard to believe, isn't it? last time I left WDW I was thinking I'd be back three months later :sad1:

Thanks to everyone for following along on our forking good dining adventures and apologies it took so long to get this done.

I'm glad it took so long..hopefully just a short wait until the next one!

Till then in the immortal words of my spirit animal Forky "I am not a toy, I was made for soups, salads, maybe chili, and then the trash."

:rotfl2:

A month late on this reply!

But that beach vacation looks amazing! I hope it was nice as it looked!

I cant even believe its been over a year since this trip! Are you still on for your October/November trip?

ITs nice some of the restaurants seem to be reopening, which is a good thing!

Hope you are feeling good. I remember those days of no sushi or alcohol. Be sure to get the baby started on sushi early so they can join in on the fun. Casey has been eating it since she was 2 and still declares it her favorite food.
Thanks, I am! Just ravenous all the time, all I do is eat. And that's amazing! I hope our little girl is as good at fine dining as Casey - we live in the city, so she needs to love sushi.😆

We are still booked but haven't made a final decision yet and probably won't until sometime next month. We do know if we go we'll drive so no need to worry about flights which gives us more flexibility.
How long would it take you to drive? I do hope that everyone is relaxed enough for you to be able to go and enjoy yourselves :goodvibes

Another wonderful dining report - thank you! So sorry for the loss of Duval. Definitely the hardest part of being a dog owner/lover is saying goodbye. We said goodbye to our favorite boy over 4 years ago and it's still stings. We "replaced" him with 2 wonderful dogs but it's never been quite the same. But as you said, you have to be grateful for all the time they give you. I hope you get back to Disney as planned later this fall. You'll have to keep us posted. We live in Massachusetts so driving has never been something we've considered (pre pandemic) but would love to hear about your experience. Stay tipsy!

How long would it take you to drive? I do hope that everyone is relaxed enough for you to be able to go and enjoy yourselves :goodvibes
It's about 12 hours, though I haven't done it since I was a kid. If we go we'd likely leave a few days early and stop in Savannah, GA which is about 8 hours away to see some friends. Then its only 4 hours to Disney, but its the ride home I know would be brutal. Our friends have made it clear that we are welcomed on the way there, just not after a week in Florida :earboy2:

Another wonderful dining report - thank you!
Thanks for following along!

So sorry for the loss of Duval. Definitely the hardest part of being a dog owner/lover is saying goodbye. We said goodbye to our favorite boy over 4 years ago and it's still stings. We "replaced" him with 2 wonderful dogs but it's never been quite the same. But as you said, you have to be grateful for all the time they give you.
Thanks so much. Its been almost 3 months now and it feels like a lifetime. No talk of a replacement yet. I'm not sure I'm even up for the responsibility of one again, but my guess is Jason is going to start lobbying for one soon

I hope you get back to Disney as planned later this fall. You'll have to keep us posted. We live in Massachusetts so driving has never been something we've considered (pre pandemic) but would love to hear about your experience. Stay tipsy!
I'm not sure I would have considered driving either, but we drove home 8 hours from Savannah last month and it wasn't terrible all things considered. Though we found the further south we drove, the less covid safety measures were being followed so I am not sure we are ready for all that I can only imagine Florida will be

It's about 12 hours, though I haven't done it since I was a kid. If we go we'd likely leave a few days early and stop in Savannah, GA which is about 8 hours away to see some friends. Then its only 4 hours to Disney, but its the ride home I know would be brutal. Our friends have made it clear that we are welcomed on the way there, just not after a week in Florida :earboy2:
it’s certainly a bit of a hike especially if you’re going straight home. You’d fall off the end of my wee island long before 12 hours were up🤣

Very late to the end of the party here but just read the last 2 updates.

I'm glad you guys got a nice quiet beach vacation in and I hope you'll feel comfortable to take your trip this month. We felt very comfortable in the theme parks last month but Florida in general, not so much. Drive straight to Disney and stop as minimally as possible!

Very late to the end of the party here but just read the last 2 updates.

I'm glad you guys got a nice quiet beach vacation in and I hope you'll feel comfortable to take your trip this month. We felt very comfortable in the theme parks last month but Florida in general, not so much. Drive straight to Disney and stop as minimally as possible!
So glad you all had a great trip. We're still on the fence about ours but leaning towards not going. We could definitely use some Disney in our life but one of our primary drivers to go now was the low crowds and waits and that seems to be all out the window. Another friend is there this week so curious to see what she thinks before we make a final decision. And even if we don't go we'll probably head to Savannah to see our best friends for a few days. Not Disney, but they do have a pool which at least feels like vacation.

Hi Kari just finishing up this TR. I've been away from the boards too long.

I can't believe :eek: you joined the dark side and made ADR's, but you are smart for foreseeing limited dining at this time. I'm sure your glad now you did it.

I didn't see the dates for your trip other than Oct/Nov, so I'm assuming you'll be leaving any day now.

Are you by chance planning a trip for the 50'th birthday next Oct? I'd love to meet you and the fam. I've got several questions for Casey. I've read several parts of your various TR's with Mark and he also thinks we'd all get along great.

Enjoy the vacay and can't wait to read all about it.
tenor.gif

I didn't see the dates for your trip other than Oct/Nov, so I'm assuming you'll be leaving any day now.

Are you by chance planning a trip for the 50'th birthday next Oct? I'd love to meet you and the fam. I've got several questions for Casey. I've read several parts of your various TR's with Mark and he also thinks we'd all get along great.
Hey lady! I've been off the boards for a while. We decided to cancel our trip so I wasn't up for a lot of Disney. But its 2021 now and I don't know when but can say that we will definitely get back to WDW next year. Even without covid we aren't fans of crowds so I don't think it would be over the 50th, but one never knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter