Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
Welcome fellow forky's and lovers of all thing trash to another one of my drinking dining reports. For those joining for the first time, we’re a family of picky eaters who hate signature restaurants and love milk with our meals. For those back again :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

So who the forky are we?

I’m Kari the family matriarch. I’m a sweet and shy Disney lover who loves mushrooms, Peco’s Bills salads, and boxed Disney wine.

Next to me is my very serious husband Jason who hates Disney, but puts up with it for me as long as I promise him a meal at Chef Mickey’s.

This is our 8 year old daughter Casey. She is a quiet and reserved little girl who only eats plain noodles and french fries. Her favorite ride is Tricera Top Spin and she loves waiting in line.

LIES LIES EVERYWHERE

This is the real us.

We never met a donut

Drink

Or signature restaurant we didn’t like

Now for the details our trip was August 10-19 staying at Caribbean Beach Resort followed by a few days visiting our best friends in Savannah. It was hotter than hades the entire trip and crowds were way higher than years past but we found ways to cope and cool down.

There was a bit of a cloud over this trip as our dog was having a lot of trouble while we were gone. We thought we’d have to come home early and even bought plane tickets and never unpacked. But my amazing Dad swept in and took care of him as a birthday present to me.

Meet Duval. We call him the Forrest Gump of dogs because he’s not a smart man, but he knows what love is. He’s still not doing great but he’s an almost 12 year old Newfoundland which is down right ancient in giant breed terms.

Now back to the food. This dining report will be classy signature restaurant heavy

With copious amounts of tipsy notes

And Snacks. All the snacks.

We’ll return to some perennial favorites (Jiko, California Grill, Nomads, Via Napoli),

Try some new to us restaurants (Wine Bar George, Frontera Grill, Ale and Compass),

And even throw in some tipsy time with some of my best DIS friends.

As for the title, sporks how do I love thee? I’ve had a weird fascination with sporks my entire life. As a kid I thought there was no better treat then a little mashed potatoes in a styrofoam bowl from Kentucky Fried Chicken eaten of course with the mythical spork.

Queue the romantic music when a life long love affair between a girl and a confused utensil was born. Jason (a former chef) even contemplated opening a food truck for a while called “spork.” where of course everything had to be eaten with the world’s greatest utensil. Sadly that never happened but to this day we buy sporks 1,000 at a time (get yours here). So when I saw Disney created not just a spork character, but one just as trashy as me, I knew I’d finally found my Disney spirit animal.

Forky will be a prominent fixture in this report and I’ll invoke a very complicated forky rating system to judge all of our meals by. You’ll be asking yourselves…

How Many Forkys Do I Give?
How Many Forkys do I Give?
None, not one, zero, zero, zero, done

Not so subtle shout out to my favorite housewife and a prelude that there will be a meal with zero forkys given.

So grab your sporks, pour yourself an adult beverage, and get ready to get your forky on!

Last edited:
Table of Contents
Saturday, August 10th
Ample Hills
Frontera Cocina

Sunday, August 11th
Kona Cafe
Jiko

Monday, August 12th
Satuli Canteen
Wine Bar George

Tuesday, 13 August
Ale and Compass
California Grill

Wednesday, 14 August
Nomad's Lounge
Narcoossee's

Thursday, 15 August
Sunshine Seasons
Via Napoli

Homecoming

Friday, 16 August
Skippers Canteen
bluezoo
Shula's

Saturday, 17 August
Oga's Cantina
Docking Bay 7
Sebastian's Bistro

Sunday, 18 August
The Plaza
Magic Kingdom Snacks
Jock Lindsay's Hanger Bar
Morimoto Asia

Last edited:

Can’t wait to read all about it ! Tipsy notes are so fun to try and translate . Looking forward to the standards with some new stuff mixed in. .

I’m here!

As usual you had me cracking up! I feel like we need to circle back on this food truck idea!

I’m trash! Now I’ve go this in my head! Omg what meal gets zero forkys! Forky autocorrected to formula, so I’m going with whatever meal served you something premade!

I’m so sorry about your pup! We recently had to say goodbye to our baby, he was 16. I’m so sorry he Isn’t doing great! Thinking of you all

Last edited:

we’re a family of picky eaters who hate signature restaurants and love milk with our meals.
I’m Kari the family matriarch. I’m a sweet and shy Disney lover who loves mushrooms, Peco’s Bills salads, and boxed Disney wine.
Can’t wait to read all about your sporty adventures!
WHAT!!! Who has stolen my friend Kari and what sort of alien have you put in her place!!! :scared1: Fussy feeding, non-drinking and now SPORTY Kari is never going to be the same craic as the girl we've all come to love :rotfl:
LIES LIES EVERYWHERE
WHEW! Glad that's sorted then :goodvibes
Gotta say I'm more than a wee bit relieved :rotfl:
The photo of Jason by the pool really illustrates what a shy, retiring guy he is - I mean I know he's competing with a spork for your affections Kari bu seriously how can you not love that wee, happy, beery face of his :drinking1:rotfl2:
Really can't wait to read all of your dining and drinking adventures and seriously curious about the 0 spork meal (please tell me you didn't venture to Raglan Road so you could indulge in a happy meal sized fish supper).

Sorry your dog isn't doing too good-glad you are now home to lavish some love on that pup. Great photo of you and Duval :)

Almost died laughing when I saw that the link for sporks was real 😂. Hope you get a commission on any sales. Gotta pay for those Disney trips somehow 😂😂

Last edited:
Hurrah!!! Love, love, love your reports and tipsy notes. This trip sounds like a good one! Duval looks like a big love -- give him a belly rub for me. Hope that he's feeling ok. It's so hard as they get older. On a different note, I am not sure that I've ever eaten with a spork. :oops: Not quite ready to order 1,000 but will try to search one out on the next trip and will save the link in case it's a life-changing experience! I've got to say I'm optimistic that it will be, as your recommendations have never steered me wrong!!

Last edited:
I'm here for all of the eating (and drinking-my favorite) adventures! Yay for more tipsy notes! I live vicariously through all of your signature restaurants since when we go there is typically 7-9 of us and that is a SERIOUS amount of cash per signature with that many people. ;) That's what I get for having 4 kids and daughters-in-law now ;)

I’m here with my adult beverage just waiting for this Forky report. Why does my autocorrect put in “Gorky”? I leave in 5 days to begin creating my own report and have 11 dining ADRs and ressies for Oga’s, Savi, and Droid Depot as well. I’m reading reports in case I need to call an audible and make changes.:drinking1popcorn::

Last edited:
Following along! :goodvibes

After catching up on a few of your past dining reports, I'm so excited to be joining in for this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!