Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

Sorry to hear you are ill! I had the flu shortly after having my 2nd child. It was HORRIBLE and the fatigue felt irsumountable, so I feel for you! I hope you are totally mended soon. :)

Loved Case'y mini-vlog.....she is getting so grown up! Glad to hear you are feeling better, you really had such a nasty dose of it. Happy New Year to you and yours! :)

Welcome Back to the living... Kind of...
Thanks! At this point I'll take what I can get.

A girl after her mom's heart!
I tried to offer her some real champagne but my little rule follower was having none of it. So not quite like her Mom :drinking1

What was Casey's most wanted gift this year? Gwen's was a plush from a YouTuber that she watches...
She wanted a miniature claw game machine and these yummy world plush things that look like food. I got her a small one because they were so insanely expensive. My father did not get the memo. This stupid thing cost $60!!!
IMG_0908.jpeg

You may have seen me mention it on a couple other TRs, but the short story is that I started a new job a few weeks ago that required a lot of hours training and I've been working 12 hour shifts for the last 3 weeks straight. I do get a week off this week, but I'm feeling run down and I came down with a cold last week, so I am sure the workload had something to do with it.
Hope you enjoy your week off and get some rest. I'm back to the full grind again tomorrow and hopefully will survive.

Casey did a great job on the vlog and her slinky dog hairband was very cute. Brave girl going on RnR coaster I've yet to do that mainly because I've yet to persuade anyone in my clan to join me - wimps the lot of them :rotfl:
Hope everything went to plan at MGM slash HS;)
Don't get too impressed by her braveness yet o_O

Sorry to hear you are ill! I had the flu shortly after having my 2nd child. It was HORRIBLE and the fatigue felt irsumountable, so I feel for you! I hope you are totally mended soon. :)
I cannot even fathom going through the flu with a newborn. I was so lucky to have Jason and just be in an oblivion but it was a solid 2.5 weeks before I had any semblance of normal energy back

Loved Case'y mini-vlog.....she is getting so grown up! Glad to hear you are feeling better, you really had such a nasty dose of it. Happy New Year to you and yours! :)
Happy New Year to you too!!!!

Stress Eating Yacht Club Style

Thankfully we had a late morning planned today because I got next to no sleep. Our dog sitter was continuing to have issues with Duval and I felt helpless. I ended up buying plane tickets in the middle of the night for us all to go home a few days early, but even that didn’t dissuade my guilt and concerns.

Side note the old man is still hanging in there.

We hoped he’d make it through the holidays and he did! He’ll be 12 next month and since his breed usually only lives 8-10 years we know we’re on borrowed time. Not sure he’ll make to his birthday so he’s getting all the love and whatever he wants to eat in the meantime.

So when worried about your dog and 800+ miles from him, what’s a girl to do? Stress eat and drink of course!!!!

We decided to try a new to us restaurant for breakfast: Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club. We had no issues getting a last minute reservation and after a quick uber trip we arrived.

Despite a half empty restaurant we waited about 20 minutes to get seated and then another 10 before our server showed up. This was not starting out well so a nerve calming agent was in order.

This was a pretty standard bloody kari but it hit the proverbial stress spot.

Jason who hadn’t slept well either went with what was likely the smarter idea, coffee.

Casey even tried to get in on the coffee game.

Then smartly just went to double fisting the OJ.

Our server had just dropped our drinks and took off, but he eventually showed up again to take or order. This guy was like a ghost the entire time and we were starting to get some Kona feels. Casey even had to pacify her hunger with this.

Eventually we did finally get some food. Casey branched out on her own and went with the Mickey Waffles.

These were fresh and clearly had been made to order so she was a happy girl. We’ve only ever had Mickey waffles from a buffet before so it was so nice to have some hot fluffy ones straight from the griddle.

For his breakfast Jason went with the Dark Chocolate Waffles which are served with a Dried Cherry Compote, Espresso-Mascarpone Cream, Chocolate Shavings, and a side of sausage.

I’m not much for sweet things in the morning or breakfast period for that matter, but these waffles were perfection! The actual waffles were light and fluffy and while chocolatey they weren’t overly sweet. The cherries added some brightness to the dish and the coffee flavor from espresso cream really set the flavor off. The whole dish was really well balanced and Jason proclaimed this his favorite Disney breakfast.

Not surprisingly I went the savory route and got the Breakfast Flatbread with a Sunny–side Egg, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Ham, Provolone, and just for @ariane37 Arugula!

OMG this was so delicious!!!! It had a ton of cheese on it that went really well with the bacon and ham. Unlike my Kona experience the egg was perfectly cooked and the creamy yolk combined with the crunchy arugula really put the dish over the top. My only complaint is that I could have used another egg and more arugula. In life there is never enough arugula!!!

Despite the non-existent and tortoise paced service the food at Ale and Compass was really outstanding. Jason even proclaimed it the new Kona (aka it was better than Kona used to be) which was much needed after our disastrous breakfast just two days prior. We elected to just have entrees but for a few dollars more we could have added their buffet as well. With our Tables in Wonderland card we saved $10.15.

Generously removing only half a point for the bad service, the food was so good 4.5 forky’s were given.

From the Yacht Club we boated to MGM where we rode Casey’s ears

Saw a “cutting edge “3D movie and toured the stars before the August sky’s began to open up.

We sought refuge from the downpour in One Mans Dream and when in One Mans Dream….

For those that follow their amazing reports we had to pay homage to my afternoon here in May with Ariane and Kelly aka @ariane37 and @buzzrelly where recreating all the photos while it rained seemed the most brilliant of ideas.

At this point the Casey nerves about Rockin’ Roller Coaster started up and she was clearly not wanting to ride it despite having done it before. We used our usual tactics of guilt followed by bribery but ultimately caved and switched it for a fast pass on the ride with the best acronym ever: Aliens Swirling Saucers.

While no limo ride at least my husband got to show off his artistic skills in line.

As we were making our way out we saw the Indian Jones show was starting. Last time I’d seen this was when I was a kid so we decided to grab a treat and head in.

Someone was not sharing.

About 10 minutes into the show they abruptly cancelled it because they said there was lightening in the area. I questioned the logic of sending several thousand people out into lightening vs. continuing a show that was under cover. Some days Disney logic just never makes sense.

But Casey at least got to meet the not sweaty at all star.

I can only fathom what he would have looked like had they actually finished the show.

We drowned our Indy sorrows with a beer from somewhere that sold beer.

And got a few photos with my trashy friend and the shirt that inspired my dining report title.

Up next, Signatures and Uno and Table Cloths Oh My!

Ahh your dog looks so cute celebrating New Year’s!

The food from Ale and Compass looks delicious 🤤
We really liked our dinner there and will definitely put breakfast on the list.
Your flatbread is right up my alley arugula and all!

Oh no! Hope you're feeling better. I did try and get my shot but they were out when I went and then it slipped my mind. That will teach me.

If it makes you feel better, the shot seems to have done nothing for me at all lol. I'm still coughing like someone who smoked for 30 years and relying on Dayquil to survive.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Not surprisingly I went the savory route and got the Breakfast Flatbread with a Sunny–side Egg, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Ham, Provolone, and just for @ariane37 Arugula!

That sounds delicious. I've added this to my list of breakfast spots to try.

About 10 minutes into the show they abruptly cancelled it because they said there was lightening in the area. I questioned the logic of sending several thousand people out into lightening vs. continuing a show that was under cover.

giphy.gif

Duvall!! So happy to hear he is still with you. Love his sweet face!
These were fresh and clearly had been made to order so she was a happy girl. We’ve only ever had Mickey waffles from a buffet before so it was so nice to have some hot fluffy ones straight from the griddle.
They look great!
Yummo!!!
OMG this was so delicious!!!! It had a ton of cheese on it that went really well with the bacon and ham. Unlike my Kona experience the egg was perfectly cooked and the creamy yolk combined with the crunchy arugula really put the dish over the top. My only complaint is that I could have used another egg and more arugula. In life there is never enough arugula!!!
More arugula is always the right answer!
About 10 minutes into the show they abruptly cancelled it because they said there was lightening in the area. I questioned the logic of sending several thousand people out into lightening vs. continuing a show that was under cover. Some days Disney logic just never makes sense.
Disney logic is special......:rolleyes:

She wanted a miniature claw game machine and these yummy world plush things that look like food. I got her a small one because they were so insanely expensive. My father did not get the memo. This stupid thing cost $60!!!
IMG_0908.jpeg
OMG!!!! Thank Goodness Gwen doesn't know those exist!!! Because I am SURE she would have wanted one or all of them!!! Her YouTuber Plush was a bargain at $30.

I ended up buying plane tickets in the middle of the night for us all to go home a few days early, but even that didn’t dissuade my guilt and concerns.

I am sooooo glad that you guys didn't have to take that flight home.

He’ll be 12 next month and since his breed usually only lives 8-10 years we know we’re on borrowed time. Not sure he’ll make to his birthday so he’s getting all the love and whatever he wants to eat in the meantime.
Glad to see he is still hanging around. What are you going to do if he is still around when you go to California?

Casey even had to pacify her hunger with this.
Ugh, Gwen considers butter a food group...

I’m not much for sweet things in the morning or breakfast period for that matter, but these waffles were perfection! The actual waffles were light and fluffy and while chocolatey they weren’t overly sweet. The cherries added some brightness to the dish and the coffee flavor from espresso cream really set the flavor off. The whole dish was really well balanced and Jason proclaimed this his favorite Disney breakfast.
Those look really good but I am more savory for sit down breakfast.

This looks amazing!!!! Yum!

While no limo ride at least my husband got to show off his artistic skills in line.
Amazing skills...

We drowned our Indy sorrows with a beer from somewhere that sold beer.
Ground breaking reports here!

Please tell me you didn't really hop on the plane to go home early because the selfish me doesn't want this food report to end. I can say that knowing your doggie is okay. Still okay, right? Anyway, YUM to this breakfast!

Despite a half empty restaurant we waited about 20 minutes to get seated and then another 10 before our server showed up.

We had the same experience at Ale & Compass when we went for breakfast a few years ago! They actually forgot we were waiting there, and didn't call us for like 40 mins.

For his breakfast Jason went with the Dark Chocolate Waffles which are served with a Dried Cherry Compote, Espresso-Mascarpone Cream, Chocolate Shavings, and a side of sausage.

Those look delicious!

And so does that!

I can only fathom what he would have looked like had they actually finished the show.

:rotfl:

these yummy world plush things that look like food. I got her a small one because they were so insanely expensive. My father did not get the memo. This stupid thing cost $60!!!
Ach but sure that’s what Grandas are for! Spoiling granddaughters:lovestruc
Don't get too impressed by her braveness yet o_O
:rotfl:Casey is welcome to join my wimpy clan anytime :rotfl:
So glad he was able to join the celebrations. Gorgeous guy:hug:
So when worried about your dog you and 800+ miles from him, what’s a girl to do? Stress eat and drink of course!!!!
Nothing else for it!
Jason went with the Dark Chocolate Waffles which are served with a Dried Cherry Compote, Espresso-Mascarpone Cream, Chocolate Shavings, and a side of sausage.
Something from your trip reports that I’ve actually eaten- whoop whoop! These are definitely delicious 😋 Your food looked pretty tasty too and let’s face it Mickey Waffles are always a winner :thumbsup2
Generously removing only half a point for the bad service, the food was so good 4.5 forky’s were given.
Shame the service was a bit off but the food definitely made up for it! Maybe they knew you were doing a report that would be read the world over and didn’t want their friends at the Poly to feel crappy for their shoddy breakfast so decided not to excel in all fronts:confused3
recreating all the photos while it rained seemed the most brilliant of ideas.
A most excellent idea indeed :rotfl2:
Casey nerves about Rockin’ Roller Coaster started up and she was clearly not wanting to ride it
Happens to the best of us! Anyway the other ride has a better acronym :rotfl:
my husband got to show off his artistic skills in line.
:rotfl2::artist:
Casey at least got to meet the not sweaty at all star.
and she wasn’t even holding her nose! 😅
report title.
Brilliant!

Aw, what a good boy :love:

We hoped he’d make it through the holidays and he did! He’ll be 12 next month and since his breed usually only lives 8-10 years we know we’re on borrowed time. Not sure he’ll make to his birthday so he’s getting all the love and whatever he wants to eat in the meantime.

That's amazing! I'm sure he's living his best life with you all :love:

Smart girl!

I just found out the name of the waffle mix used for the famous Disney waffles. I actually have a can in my Amaon cart but it's $26 for ONE CAN. Seems like they are cashing in on their Disney connection. Still, I may get it because Allie just got a Mickey waffle iron for Christmas…she LOVES Mickey waffles in WDW.

That looks perfect and so delicious 😋

We sought refuge from the downpour in One Mans Dream and when in One Mans Dream….

For those that follow their amazing reports we had to pay homage to my afternoon here in May with Ariane and Kelly aka @ariane37 and @buzzrelly where recreating all the photos while it rained seemed the most brilliant of ideas.

Ha! Awesome! And I LOVE your shirt!

About 10 minutes into the show they abruptly cancelled it because they said there was lightening in the area.

That's happened to us a couple times…I still don't think Mike has see the whole show to this day.

But Casey at least got to meet the not sweaty at all star.

😳

I really feel you on your old man. That is a terrifying helpless feeling when you can't help your fuzzy loved ones especially when you know you are on borrowed time. My old man is now deaf and a little senile but we just take it one day at a time and give him love. I can also tell my younger ones know he needs his space and to be left alone nowadays.

We had similar feels about Ale & Compass. We had weird/absent service but the food was always good so we are fine putting up with it. Those waffles look so good right now!

The saucers are the best acronym and it still makes me giggle because I'm a child.

happy to see you back! Hope you’re feeling better!!

How annoying you had poor service! But I agree we had a pretty good meal at Ale & Compass this past August and would go there again!

This egg dish you got sounds amazing! I don’t love a runny egg, but this sounds almost worth it!!

I am also not a huge breakfast person, I always think I want to sweet breakfast take 2 bites and am grossed out. I finally figured out eggs is the way I should always go! Unless it s a buffet and I can have both!

I love your shirt!! So fun!

Love these pics at one mans dream!! Such comedians you guys are!

haha, Indiana Jone show I hadn’t seen it it years when we saw it last and I totally forgot the whole thing! I should go back there sometime soon... maybe

Love the picture of your pooch! A dog that will wear a hat is a good dog indeed.

Glad that the food at Ale and Compass was tasty and somewhat redeemed the bad service. The older I get the less tolerance I find I have for bad service at restaurants. It really does tarnish the meal and make me never want to go back! Especially when the place is half empty - there's really no excuse for that.

Amazing Zero Forky's shirt! So fun. Looking forward to reading more about your August adventure!

Love your shirt!
Glad your dog made it through the holiday's. Hopefully he has a few more years left.

Your breakfast tat ale and compass sounds so good, i'm trying to figure out if I can convince my family we should try it in March

Your breakfast (though service was crappy) sounds amazing!! Love the flatbread option, and am now kind of sad we missed out on our trip! Added to the list for next time :)

I haven't seen the Indy show in like 20 years! Bummer you didn't get to see the whole thing!

Love your shirt, and the amazing photo shoot in One Man's Dream! I couldn't get Rob and Jimmy to play along when I suggested going in last week. They looked at me like I was insane. I called them Fun Haters. Good times 🙄

The food from Ale and Compass looks delicious 🤤
We really liked our dinner there and will definitely put breakfast on the list.
Your flatbread is right up my alley arugula and all!
I remember your dinner and how good it was. Lunch or dinner are definitely on my list to try now.

If it makes you feel better, the shot seems to have done nothing for me at all lol. I'm still coughing like someone who smoked for 30 years and relying on Dayquil to survive.
Oh man, hang in there. I'm thankfully just down to coughing at night for the most part.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Duvall!! So happy to hear he is still with you. Love his sweet face!
His face is just as sweet as he is. He's 150 pounds of pure love.

More arugula is always the right answer!
Arugula sisters for life!

Disney logic is special......:rolleyes:
That's "special" in quotes for sure

OMG!!!! Thank Goodness Gwen doesn't know those exist!!! Because I am SURE she would have wanted one or all of them!!! Her YouTuber Plush was a bargain at $30.
Ditto if you told me whatever you got her. Those silly things Casey wanted have like 50 different options. I can just see her birthday requests for more coming in.

Glad to see he is still hanging around. What are you going to do if he is still around when you go to California?
We aren't going to go but as sad as it makes me I don't think he'll make it that long. We've just booked hotels and no tickets or flights so we can cancel if needed.

Ugh, Gwen considers butter a food group...
Casey too. That and salt. How she's a rail I will never understand.

Ground breaking reports here!
I aim to please :P

Please tell me you didn't really hop on the plane to go home early because the selfish me doesn't want this food report to end. I can say that knowing your doggie is okay. Still okay, right? Anyway, YUM to this breakfast!
A bit of foreshadowing but we don't end up leaving early just for you :D

We had the same experience at Ale & Compass when we went for breakfast a few years ago! They actually forgot we were waiting there, and didn't call us for like 40 mins.
I remembered you all had a bad experience there but I didn't remember the details. Everyone seemed to have a long wait and the hostess kept telling everyone they are "just cleaning your table." Clearly with a half empty restaurant that was not the case.

Ach but sure that’s what Grandas are for! Spoiling granddaughters:lovestruc
If that's the case then Casey's are doing fabulously. She has 3 sets of grandparents and they all spoil her rotten.

Something from your trip reports that I’ve actually eaten- whoop whoop! These are definitely delicious 😋 Your food looked pretty tasty too and let’s face it Mickey Waffles are always a winner :thumbsup2
Have you been to WDW recently????

Shame the service was a bit off but the food definitely made up for it! Maybe they knew you were doing a report that would be read the world over and didn’t want their friends at the Poly to feel crappy for their shoddy breakfast so decided not to excel in all fronts:confused3
I like the way you think. Setting the service bar low intentionally so poor Kona's self esteem would suffer.

Happens to the best of us! Anyway the other ride has a better acronym :rotfl:
This is true. Now only if I could actually use it on here without getting a demerit point.

I just found out the name of the waffle mix used for the famous Disney waffles. I actually have a can in my Amaon cart but it's $26 for ONE CAN. Seems like they are cashing in on their Disney connection. Still, I may get it because Allie just got a Mickey waffle iron for Christmas…she LOVES Mickey waffles in WDW.
$26 for one can!!!! That is insane. I'm actually kind of surprised they are using a mix and not making them from scratch. I mean heck Disney its just flour, eggs, milk and a few other things.

That looks perfect and so delicious 😋
It truly was. If I'm gonna eat breakfast I want it to resemble dinner as much as possible.

Ha! Awesome! And I LOVE your shirt!
Thanks!!!! Not as much fun as our afternoon but oh did it bring back the memories.

That's happened to us a couple times…I still don't think Mike has see the whole show to this day.
I'm guessing we never will either. Not sure we'll give it another chance unless its a perfectly clear day.

I really feel you on your old man. That is a terrifying helpless feeling when you can't help your fuzzy loved ones especially when you know you are on borrowed time. My old man is now deaf and a little senile but we just take it one day at a time and give him love. I can also tell my younger ones know he needs his space and to be left alone nowadays.
It's so hard when they get old, but he is getting so spoiled. He never got table food and has been eating like a king the last few months.

We had similar feels about Ale & Compass. We had weird/absent service but the food was always good so we are fine putting up with it. Those waffles look so good right now!
Service at the one credit table service places really always just seems to lack. Maybe they are bitter they aren't at a more expensive restaurant :confused3

The saucers are the best acronym and it still makes me giggle because I'm a child.
Me too. Just wish I could let my favorite acronym and other favorite words roll freely on here.

How annoying you had poor service! But I agree we had a pretty good meal at Ale & Compass this past August and would go there again!
At least it was just slow and not bad bad, but you're right the food will bring us back

This egg dish you got sounds amazing! I don’t love a runny egg, but this sounds almost worth it!!

I am also not a huge breakfast person, I always think I want to sweet breakfast take 2 bites and am grossed out. I finally figured out eggs is the way I should always go! Unless it s a buffet and I can have both!
Yeah I'll do eggs on occasion but I also don't like the way they smell so its all a breakfast battle. But sweets in the am just doesn't sit right in my stomach so that is a rare move for me.

haha, Indiana Jone show I hadn’t seen it it years when we saw it last and I totally forgot the whole thing! I should go back there sometime soon... maybe
It was funny how it all started coming back to me as soon as we walked into that place.

Love the picture of your pooch! A dog that will wear a hat is a good dog indeed.
He certainly is good. He's too dumb to be anything else :P

Glad that the food at Ale and Compass was tasty and somewhat redeemed the bad service. The older I get the less tolerance I find I have for bad service at restaurants. It really does tarnish the meal and make me never want to go back! Especially when the place is half empty - there's really no excuse for that.
Yeah there wasn't an excuse for it but we're hopeful its not a widespread issue and just one bad server. Breakfast was so good we could probably overlook it again.

Amazing Zero Forky's shirt! So fun. Looking forward to reading more about your August adventure!
Thanks! As soon as I saw it I knew it was for me

Love your shirt!
Glad your dog made it through the holiday's. Hopefully he has a few more years left.

Your breakfast tat ale and compass sounds so good, i'm trying to figure out if I can convince my family we should try it in March
Thanks. We definitely don't have years but we're thankful for the days we have ❤

You should definitely give ale and compass a whirl. Slow service aside it was a nice casual meal that felt miles away from the parks.

Your breakfast (though service was crappy) sounds amazing!! Love the flatbread option, and am now kind of sad we missed out on our trip! Added to the list for next time :)
It really was a great place to grab breakfast. I'm looking forward to trying other meals here. Because like you there is always a next time :D
Love your shirt, and the amazing photo shoot in One Man's Dream! I couldn't get Rob and Jimmy to play along when I suggested going in last week. They looked at me like I was insane. I called them Fun Haters. Good times 🙄
That's too funny. Jason did the same to me and then I think he got jealous of Casey and I doing it and couldn't help but join in. But normally its me who is the Rob of our family :earboy2:

Oh I'm so glad :goodvibes What a cutie he is! :lovestruc

From the Yacht Club we boated to MGM where we rode Casey’s ears
:rotfl:

And what fine skills they are :laughing:

Albeit quite the snail-paced service, your breakfast sounds delish! Those chocolate waffles sound like heaven to me :cloud9:

So glad you're finally on the up and up after 3 WEEKS down for the count. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts