Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

Wine and apps sounds like a winning dinner in my book! Glad the food dishes were pretty good; the white wine your ordered sounded right up my alley. I wrote down the name for reference if I ever make it to Wine Bar George.

Up first we have the Burrata with tomatoes, olive oil, and grilled bread.
OMG that looks like it was made for me! I'll for sure be getting that when we go to WBG next month with you guys.

Oh wait you aren't coming because you s..................
We also got their charcuterie with Cappicola, Bresaola, Proscuitto, and Soppresata.
And this was made for Steve. He'd probably still get it despite the claim it wasn't worth the $$!
And here we have the same wines with a fancy model.
I think I've seen him on a billboard modeling his Calvin's? Or is he one of the V. Secret runway angels? Hmmm 🤔
The wine also compelled me to order this little beauty at the last minute. Not only was it beautiful, but it was comprised of vanilla and chocolate chiffon cakes, with amarula mousse, pineapple jam, and what put me over the edge chocolate covered potato chips.
This sounded decent until the bolded and then I was like WHAT!!!!!! That makes it like 10 Forky's! Until you said it was no good which was our experience a few years ago with a similarly pretty cake from Amorette's that looked like it would taste like liquid gold and basically tasted like.....cake.

I also preferred the original bases at Satuli. Good to know the meats are still tasty.

I’d spend my life noshing on a few appetizers and drinking good wine vice sitting down to a full meal if that was an option, so this was definitely my kind of place.

Yaaaasssss....My kinda dining too!! Haven’t made it there yet, but that’s our date night (rare event) kinda place ‘cause I refuse to spend $30 for Asher to fill up on fancy cheeses.

Casey’s video, so cute. Glad you enjoyed the Amorette’s, another one I’ve yet to try.

hey girl! Checking in our your review. Sorry I have not been on as much, except for Mod duties. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and enjoying the review.

Merry Early Christmas Everyone! Wanted to pop in for a few and wish everyone a wonderful holiday season.

I've been MIA the past few weeks because apparently working 60 hour weeks for several weeks in a row can exhaust you and apparently when you are exhausted your immune system gets low and apparently that is a good time to come down with the flu. Yes ladies and gentleman patient 0 for influenza B right here. Today is day 9 and I'm feeling better but still have lots of fun symptoms including a nasty cough, sore throat, and a fever that just won't go away.

It of course wouldn't be the flu without some Disney magic and Friday I woke up doing my own version of Pirates of the Caribbean as the virus had gotten into my eye and swollen it shut. You can imagine all the swashbuckling things my wonderfully supportive husband had to say pirate: Of course this was the day after his birthday where I at least ordered the Papa Johns he feasted on :P

I'll try and get back on here in the next few days to get this thing resurrected but wanted to say a quick hello while I had a moment of clarity.

Merry Flumas to All and To All a Good Ny-Quil!

[/QUOTE]
Today is day 9 and I'm feeling better but still have lots of fun symptoms including a nasty cough, sore throat, and a fever that just won't go away.
Ugh I meant to text today and see how you were feeling :( but I actually made like 8 batches of cookies for the first time in forever ;) and it slipped my mind. Steve said it's the most he's ever seen me do in the kitchen :rotfl2:

I do hope you get better in the next couple days so you can enjoy the holiday with your gang!

giphy.gif

OHHH feel better soon. Merry Christmas.

I hope the worst of it is behind you and you are able to muster up some energy and wellness to enjoy some of Christmas :hug:

Merry Christmas 🎄🎄🎄

So sorry to hear you've been so ill. I hope you feel better soon and can enjoy a bit of Christmas with your family. :hug: :goodvibes

Ugh sorry to hear you’ve been hit by the flu. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Just in case the flu has fogged your mind and you can’t remember what you need Jason to do I thought I’d share my recipe for cooking turkey Enjoy 😁

Attachments

• 214733C0-D0D7-43F7-9152-F98ECCC2BC6C.jpeg
    214733C0-D0D7-43F7-9152-F98ECCC2BC6C.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 25

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter