• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zicam sale alert!

Gina

Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
Hi everybody!

If you have a Walgreens drugstore near you, they have Zicam on sale this week, and it's a great sale -- especially for those of us without a Sam's or Costco card! Here are the prices:

Zicam Cold Remedy nasal gel pump: reg. $11.99, on sale for $8
Zicam Cold Remedy Nasal Swabs: reg. $11.99, on sale for $8 (20 ct.)
Zicam Cold Remedy Kids Size Swabs: reg. $11.99, on sale for $8 (20 ct.)
Zicam Cold Remedy Quick Dissolve Cherry Tablets: reg. $10.99, on sale for $9 (25 ct.)

You can also order them online at walgreens.com, but I'm not sure how much shipping costs. Hope this helps someone!!

-gina-

Thanks for the info. Here's hoping everyone planning a trip soon stays healthy! PD all around!

Denae

I have a thought...

Goto www.walgreens.com and print the page out, take it to your local Walmart, Target, or whereever/whomever honors prices of other stores...Just so long as it shows the sale dates and prices.
Get your Zicam at Walgreens sale price! ;)
Thats my plan!

Good Luck~

Kathy :cutie:

That's a great idea, Kathy! I hope that will work for someone who doesn't have a Walgreens near them!

I have entered Super De-Germing mode as we count down closer... DS and I live in a cloud of Lysol and a puddle of Purell. LOL But if the cold germs do show up close to cruise time, I will be armed with my trusty Zicam! :)

Here's hoping everyone has a germ-free cruise!

-gina-

MOST (I can't say ALL but every one that I have shopped at) stores will price match only from flyers at local stores, they exclude the internet. Infact toysrus will not even pricematch to their OWN website!

Thanks for the info! Figures that I just bought some at the grocery store this morning and paid $10!!! Darn!

I'm using it for the first time today because I'm starting a cold and we're leaving on our first Disney cruise next week!

MOST (I can't say ALL but every one that I have shopped at) stores will price match only from flyers at local stores, they exclude the internet. Infact toysrus will not even pricematch to their OWN website!

It may have just been "my lucky day" at the time, but ToysRUs did match their internet price for me for an item prior to Christmas.

The regular price at the Target near me is $8.49 for the nasal gel, but I might drop by Walgreen's for an even better deal. When I bought it right before Christmas, there was also a coupon inside; that might be worth looking for before the purchase is rung up!

Zicam is a homeopathic cold remedy that some people swear by. It is supposed to shorten the amount of time you suffer from cold symptoms and the symptoms are supposed to be less severe. FYI - I did a search on Google a few weeks ago and learned that Zicam is being sued by a Michigan couple because the guy used the product (nose gel I think) and lost his sense of smell and taste permanently. The suit was filed in October.

I guess if you snort the whole bottle up your nose it will wreak havoc with your senses :earseek: ... LOL! There will be all kinds of warning labels on the packages soon - Caution our gel should not be snorted, etc...... akin to Caution, our delicious coffee is extremely hot...

The directions are pretty specific- nose gel & swabs... I swear by the stuff....It really works, at least for our family, but we do not snort it :p !!

Our pharmacies will price match each other in this area- Walgreens, CVS, Genovese, & Riteaid- they are springing up all over around here. You must bring in the flyer. It's got to be the current week's edition & they will not honor internet prices as well.

~ Linda :boat:

Originally posted by Gina
That's a great idea, Kathy! I hope that will work for someone who doesn't have a Walgreens near them!

-gina-

Thanks Gina, I already printed mine out, I plan on trying this tomorrow....we dont have a Walgreens here nearby; So I am headed to our Walmart .
I'll let ya know what happens, :wave2:

Kathy :cutie:

dianthus -LOL!!! Make sure you don't snort it and drink the delicious hot coffee at the same time. That would sure put a dent in those conk coolers and big shrimp! Let's hope everyone stays healthy!

Just got back from Walmart -- they had the swabs and the gel pump as a special value for $7.49! Woo hoo!! So check your Walmart. :)

-gina-

Hi Gina!

I tried the Allergy Relief version of Zicam in the Fall, because I had terrible sinus trouble due to the usual Fall stuff in the air (ragweed, pollen, etc.). I used the nasal gel and got terrible headaches. I am afraid to try it for colds because of the headaches. Do you think the Allergy Relief version is what caused my headaches?

Gayl

Hi Gayl! Wow, I'm really not sure... I've never used the allergy kind, and I'm not sure what's different about the ingredients between that and the cold remedy kind.

Anyone else have any idea??

-gina-

The regular price for all the Zicam products at our Wal-Mart is less than $8.00....$7.94, I think. I just bought a box of the swabs for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter