• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zicam!

RKB

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to thank whoever posted previously about Zicam. The last thing you want before your cruise is to get sick. Well I started to catch a cold and started Zicam right away. I was well in three days! This stuff is amazing. I highly recommend it.

I have heard so much about that stuff! As I sit here and cough!! Looks like I will have to try it!

This is the best medication I have ever taken!!! I have not had a cold at all yet this year! Everytime I start to get the stuffy head or achiness in my chest, I take it, and it goes away!

My 8 year old started with a cold two days ago, I started giving it to him using the swabs, and he is better today, no runny nose or coughing at all!

This is truly an awesome product! I tell everyone I know about it.

Crumbs kajohn................ we were on the same cruise as you in Feb 03! Great, wasnt it?! Nat:Pinkbounc

Anyone who used it - is it limited to adults only? My DS is really suffering from a cold and I'd love to give him something that really works.

Kids can take it too! I think it was ages three and up... I don't have the box anymore that it came in.

natdencro

Hello! Yes that was a great trip, my kids are still talking about it!

As for children and the Zicam, I tried it myself first before giving it to my kids. The one catch is that you really need to give it at the onset of symptoms for it to work best, and that is harder with kids, since they don't usually tell you until it is a full blown cold.

Zicam is the best! We buy the 2 gel spray packs at Costco instead of the swabs. Just drench a Q tip with it instead of spraying it directly in your nose. You have the convenience of the swab pack that can be used by the whole family, but not the expense of the swab packaging. If used at onset, duration of the common cold is about 3 days.

Hmmm....me think I need to put this on my shopping list that I thought was all done for my upcoming cruise.

The 20 pack medicated swabs are handy too as the whole family can use one pack. Our whole choir at church has been taking it for the last 2 weeks, as usually one gets sick and passes it around before we get to have our contata, but this year only 2 or 3 got sick. Everybody swears by it!!

they also have a great meltaway tablet! This is what our family uses as the kids can't stand anything in their noses.

I see only one problem with it: My dd (12) had cold symptoms on Monday, did the zicam, and by nighttime seemed absolutely perfect......now.....was she sick or pulling my leg????:confused:

After reading about it here, I braved Target last night to get some, as I have a cold coming on. $8.49 for the spray or 20 pack swabs (they were actually out of those), which is a bit cheaper than I've seen elsewhere. I'm eager to see if it works as well for me as all of you!

that was a great deal! I pay usually around $11.00 for the swabs, well worth the money imho though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter