Zion Question...

metsno1

Mouseketeer
Anybody ever taken kids into the Zion Narrows?

I've been reading quite a bit about the potential dangers, but it's something that I'd very much like my kids to experience (two DD's, 8 and 10-both about 4'7" and moderate/strong swimmers).

I have no illusions of doing a major/day-long hike in the narrows, but if it were safe and reasonable, I'd sure like to get them in there for at least a short hike/wade/swim!

Any thoughts??

Thanks...

I have never done it, but have friends that have. The hike is usually safe. BUT MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE LATEST WEATHER REPORT!!!!!!!! Most of the people who get into trouble think that they are good swimmers and can handle anything, but if it starts to rain you could find yourself in a flash flood. Most people who get into trouble, don't check the weather reports.

You will have to get a permit for the hike, I believe these are free, it is more like filing a flight plan. The park personnel want to where you plan to go and how long you plan to be gone in case they have to go looking for you. The staff is really good and they know their stuff, if they say don't go into the Narrows, don't go.

Hey, thanks!

Yeah, we'll definitely check with the Rangers before we head in! I can't believe the trip's less than a month away!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!