• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

zip line for kids at Castaway Cay?

vaiaremk

Earning My Ears
Is there some type of zip line over the water at Cataway Cay? I swear I remember seeing one in a picture or video, but now I have been searching for it and can't find it especially because I don't know what to call it. I want to prepare my kids (5 and 7) for it so they will be excited to ride:) it and not affraid. Thanks!

Is there some type of zip line over the water at Cataway Cay? I swear I remember seeing one in a picture or video, but now I have been searching for it and can't find it especially because I don't know what to call it. I want to prepare my kids (5 and 7) for it so they will be excited to ride:) it and not affraid. Thanks!

Welcome to the cruise board!!! I don't ever recall seeing any zip lines (in the sense of zip lines through the forest or jungle like at some ports

Here are pics of the water play areas on CC.

MJ

Maybe I am crazy, but I thought I saw something like a little, low zipline type thing similar to the one a Blizzard Beach (my kids love that one!) over an area of water. Thanks for the info!

I'm surprised DCL has allowed a sure bet source of $ go untapped.
I'm surprised they don't have one.
Maybe $ tight for them too.
Perhaps they are environmental friendly and don't want to hack up any more jungle.
Exposure to liability?
I know we would enjoy a Zip line.

Maybe I am crazy, but I thought I saw something like a little, low zipline type thing similar to the one a Blizzard Beach (my kids love that one!) over an area of water. Thanks for the info!

You may be thinking of the the rope thing in my first pic above....I do believe you can slide from end to end over the water on that rope....could that be it? Or I could be making things up LOL...it has been a long time since my kids were on that play structure!!!

MJ

I'm surprised DCL has allowed a sure bet source of $ go untapped.
I'm surprised they don't have one.
Maybe $ tight for them too.
Perhaps they are environmental friendly and don't want to hack up any more jungle.
Exposure to liability?
I know we would enjoy a Zip line.

I am surprised too they haven't tapped into this area. Did anyone see the zip line at the indianapolis Super Bowl Village? People lined up for literally HOURS for the 45 second ride. It was a company that used temporary scaffolding to create it right over the village. It was a blast to watch and a bargain at $10!! I would say that Disney could do this without environmental concerns. Liability? I'd think parasailing would be considered a liability as well and it was a spectacular time!!!!

I am surprised too they haven't tapped into this area. Did anyone see the zip line at the indianapolis Super Bowl Village? People lined up for literally HOURS for the 45 second ride. It was a company that used temporary scaffolding to create it right over the village. It was a blast to watch and a bargain at $10!! I would say that Disney could do this without environmental concerns. Liability? I'd think parasailing would be considered a liability as well and it was a spectacular time!!!!

Yep...we saw that. DH and DS12 wanted to do it. Well...they stopped selling tix at noon and this was about 2:00 when we saw it. Oh well. I don't know how fun it would have been for them anyway. We were there the cold windy day they closed two of the tents due to high winds....but yet they were still letting people do the zip line! :confused3. Didn't seem very safe to me, but what do I know? :laughing:

P.S. I would LOVE to do a zip line at Castaway Cay!!!

Yep...we saw that. DH and DS12 wanted to do it. Well...they stopped selling tix at noon and this was about 2:00 when we saw it. Oh well. I don't know how fun it would have been for them anyway. We were there the cold windy day they closed two of the tents due to high winds....but yet they were still letting people do the zip line! :confused3. Didn't seem very safe to me, but what do I know? :laughing:

P.S. I would LOVE to do a zip line at Castaway Cay!!!

I got lucky. The day we went I had a doc appt at IU Health Methodist so I went to Capital Ave and parked between 10 th and 11th for FREE!! It was a one mile walk but it was sunny and 55 degrees! It was the Thursday before so it was before the "crowds" arrived!

Welcome to the cruise board!!! I don't ever recall seeing any zip lines (in the sense of zip lines through the forest or jungle like at some ports

Here are pics of the water play areas on CC.

MJ

Where is this first photo from? I mean, where abouts on the island is it located? I don't remember this area.

You may be thinking of the the rope thing in my first pic above....I do believe you can slide from end to end over the water on that rope....could that be it? Or I could be making things up LOL...it has been a long time since my kids were on that play structure!!!

MJ

Yes! I think this is what I was thinking of! Yeah! So maybe I haven't totally lost my mind yet after all! Thanks! That helps! Maybe this area is a little less crowded than the other because it is farther down?? Wishful thinking!:yay::yay:

I would love to do some real ziplining myself too!

Where is this first photo from? I mean, where abouts on the island is it located? I don't remember this area.

far end of the beach just before the cabanas

Actually, the play structure that mammacaryn is asking about is located off the family beach, roughly half way (or a little more) down the beach. The water slides are located near the cabanas.

Yes! I think this is what I was thinking of! Yeah! So maybe I haven't totally lost my mind yet after all! Thanks! That helps! Maybe this area is a little less crowded than the other because it is farther down?? Wishful thinking!:yay::yay:

Our first time at CC I thought this was Pelican Plunge :headache: so we did stop walking and pick a spot when we saw it.

It really wasn't crowded though, and by the end of the day we were the only ones in the water and out playing on the structure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter