• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zip Line Tours

Ltl Mermaid

<font color=darkorchid>Spreading Disney Magic with
Hi all! I am considering doing a Zip Line tour in either Cabo or Mazatlan but am concerned about bugs, especially spiders! Are there lots of "critters" to be seen on the zip line tour and are they close to you/touching you at all?

I know this sounds silly but I am seriously terrified of creepy crawlys and will not do this type of tour if there are lots of em up there!

Thanks!

I have not done the tours with Disney. But you are out in the jungle. If it lives there, you will run across it! It's not like going to a zoo - you are in real nature.

I know I am not going to a zoo, no need to be sarcastic, but if the zip lines are used very frequently it is possible that there may not be a lot of critters around. I was hoping to see if you are likely to run into them and having them on or right near you or if they are more off in the distance.

Just hoping for anyone's experience in the past.

I did not see any critters when ziplining in Cabo. Well, maybe a few lizards, but not creepy crawly things. I don't know what the ziplining is like in Mazatlan, but in Cabo you are ziplining in the desert. It is dry and hot and you hike a uphill a lot to get to some of the lines. I had a blast but it was so hot that I gave up after number 7. There were 2 more available but I just couldn't hike uphill any more. My son did go on and he had a blast. I had just as much fun laying on the platform, in the shade, with one of the employees and watched all of my group zip on in.

Hi Ltl Mermaid

Well I can sympathize with you, I HATE spiders and creapy crawlies...My girls love it thoug hsince I am 6'2"!!

We have done a zipline by Tullum in Mexico and also the Ecohike on St Croix. Both times we ran across spiders but they were small and off the beaten path. The zip line was very busy therfore not many bugs at all but the ecohike was through the rainforest and we saw some beautiful screnery including bugs, a millipede than spaned y daughters hand, yes she held it, a tree with about a 1000 geckos on it, it was actually beautiful.

I say go on the tours and enjoy it, and all else failes do what I do....scream like a girl :) and someone will squaich it for you!!!

cheers
:goofy:

I don't know what you're doing in Puerto Vallarta, but I'd choose the zip line there way above the other two places. I've done it before and it was absolutely amazing.

I don't remember there being any bugs at all. I don't like them either and I think I would remember...LOL

I don't know what you're doing in Puerto Vallarta, but I'd choose the zip line there way above the other two places. I've done it before and it was absolutely amazing.

I don't remember there being any bugs at all. I don't like them either and I think I would remember...LOL

This is where we did ours too and had an absolute blast! And I'm terrified :scared1: of heights!!

I agree with previous posters, try ziplining in Puerto Vallarta.... didn't see any creepy crawlers when we were there (July '10). It was so much fun... check out canopytours-vallarta dot com.... guides were really funny! we had a great time!

I agree with previous posters, try ziplining in Puerto Vallarta.... didn't see any creepy crawlers when we were there (July '10). It was so much fun... check out canopytours-vallarta dot com.... guides were really funny! we had a great time!

This is who we used!

Great, thanks! Good to know they aren't all over the place like I was worried they might be!

Cabo sounds a bit extreme for me! PV sounds like a better option for my activity level ha ha :yay:

Thank you again for all the responses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter