Ziplining

SuzanneB74

Earning My Ears
Hi there! We are DVC members and are going to Aulani in June for the first time. I am in the middle of doing lots of research and planning. I am going with my husband and two sons (14 and 12). We would like to zipline. Any feedback on this would be wonderful! Which one is better - Climbworks or Kualoa. They both sound excellent!

Thanks! I am sure I will be asking more questions as the planning continues!!

We decided to get a rental car and do our own stuff, not the preplanned tours. We are a family of 5...two boys 21, 17 and a girl 15 so they like action as well as relaxing!
  1. First I bought the book from amazon "Oahu Revealed" and a full island map.
  2. I researched this site here obsessively
  3. I then purchased the "gooahu card" from Costco
I then booked separately:
Day 1: Ziplining 2.5 hour tour at Kualoa Ranch (I pay) then at the same location I booked the Movie tour using the gooahu card (free with card)
That same afternoon evening using the gooahu card we are going to the Polynesian Cultural Center (free with card) and we are doing the Luau and show there as well (free with card)
Day 2: Surf lessons with Sunrise Surrat (I pay) and then after lunch we are paddle boarding and kyacking down the road from surfing (free with card)
Later that afternoon we might go back to Kualoa Ranch and do the catamaran boat tour (free with card)
Day 3: Stop by Dole plantation for a quick look see if we want to do anything it would be free with the card or we will stay on the north shore and find some beaches with
turtles and snorkel. This is the day we check into Aulani...we are staying at a Marriot on the north shore for our first 3 nights.
Aulani will be home base but we will be doing Pearl Harbor (free with card) and maybe Diamond head (free with card) and my boys are renting mountain bikes to go on some trails with locals and I am taking my daughter to see the dolphins.

Trying to keep things easy when we get to aulani since the first three days will be high energy. We have our own snorkel equipment so we hope to hit a few beaches when we can!!

So glad it was helpful! Have a blast! See later in my trip report if you are interested in swimming with the spinner dolphins in the open ocean. Very fun!

I just started looking into this as well. We plan to do the movie tour at Kualoa so thought it would be convenient to zip there (going to Maui after Aulani for the longest zipline in Hawaii) but now I'm considering Climbworks.

I just started looking into this as well. We plan to do the movie tour at Kualoa so thought it would be convenient to zip there (going to Maui after Aulani for the longest zipline in Hawaii) but now I'm considering Climbworks.

Note that Kualoa has a weight limit for zip lining (a weight minimum). My DD 8 was not heavy enough for their program. Climbworks did not have a weight limit, but they may have a lighter child zip tandem with a guide on certain lines or in certain wind conditions. My DD liked both tandem and riding by herself, so she didn't care. She loved the guides! She just want to go FAST! My DD 11 was able to zip by herself.

Note that Kualoa has a weight limit for zip lining (a weight minimum). My DD 8 was not heavy enough for their program. Climbworks did not have a weight limit, but they may have a lighter child zip tandem with a guide on certain lines or in certain wind conditions. My DD liked both tandem and riding by herself, so she didn't care. She loved the guides! She just want to go FAST! My DD 11 was able to zip by herself.

We had the same issue on our last trip and it took a LOT of trust to send my baby zipping 1/2 mile across a canyon without me! She's big enough now to fly on her own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter