Ziploc Makes Another SPLASH!

You know, it seems weird at first, but when you think about it this actually makes sense. For water rides I do put my wallet in a plastic bag (though it's the one my flat-packed dollar-store poncho comes in - I keep a slimmed down walled for the parks). My phone is waterproof, but many aren't. The free bags are a great idea. Plus, Zip-a-dee-doo-dah fits right in with their brand, and I'm sure they can work that into the stand where the bags are dispensed. I'm all good with it.

I think it conflicts with Disneys enviroment initiatives. They’ve cut plastic bags, have their own conservation fund, and generally try to promote making smart environmental decisions. Obviously a lot of things they sell/use in the parks and stores are not environmentally friendly, but the message is still there. That clashes with having a mass producer of plastic bags that are frequently used once and thrown out, let alone actually encouraging guests use these disposable bags to ride Splash.

I think it conflicts with Disneys enviroment initiatives. They’ve cut plastic bags, have their own conservation fund, and generally try to promote making smart environmental decisions. Obviously a lot of things they sell/use in the parks and stores are not environmentally friendly, but the message is still there. That clashes with having a mass producer of plastic bags that are frequently used once and thrown out, let alone actually encouraging guests use these disposable bags to ride Splash.

Maybe they could have Ziplock sponsor plastic bags to put your purchases in at the Disney Stores then .... make the people upset about the bags going away happy

and then maybe have them announce some sort of carben offset purchased to make the "green" people happy

Good point about the environmental impact, that's where my mind went first as well. Maybe they will have a receptacle at the exit that you can deposit the bag into so that it can be reused. Sort of like the 3D glasses bins outside of TSMM and the like.

Just proves they weren't sincere about their reasons for no bags at the store. There will be a ton of these in the water at splash and laying around that area of the park.

Even if only a couple percent don't make it in a recycle bin, it'll look bad and many will end up in the environment outside the park.

Just proves they weren't sincere about their reasons for no bags at the store. There will be a ton of these in the water at splash and laying around that area of the park.

Even if only a couple percent don't make it in a recycle bin, it'll look bad and many will end up in the environment outside the park.
I’ve got to think they will control this pretty well. I don’t think we will see a lot them in the water on splash.

I think this is a very good option. durability for multiple users might be an issue though.

Maybe they coudl just put in Ziploc branded plastic bag/pouches on the seats themselves to store stuff in during the ride.

Meanwhile, they are going to stop using plastic straws in the parks........... It really does seem to be a conflicting message. If a straw manufacturer ponied up some sponsorship money, I wonder if they'd reconsider.

Meanwhile, they are going to stop using plastic straws in the parks........... It really does seem to be a conflicting message. If a straw manufacturer ponied up some sponsorship money, I wonder if they'd reconsider.
I think we should wait and see how this new Ziploc sponsorship works. Disney did announce a serious step towards being more environmentally friendly with the removing of straws, and other plastic materials.

Any kind of logo or Disney artwork on them and they will never end up in a land fill..maybe Ebay
New info points to the bags being themed,so looks like they will become "souvenirs" and not "land fillers".:)
https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/ziploc-to...t-disney-world-guests-will-receive-free-bags/

As part of the sponsorship, guests will receive a resealable Ziploc bag to keep items dry while on the attraction. A limited supply of the bags will be available daily on a first come, first serve basis. The bags will be themed and feature the Splash Mountain logo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter