Zipp-a-dee-doo-da tip at Swan Dolphin?

LAB

Earning My Ears
We are going back next May. We have always stayed on Disney property but are now considering the S/D for various reasons....BUT will I get my Zipp-a-dee-doo-da Tip for the Day on the television stations at the Swan or Dolphin?

Call me crazy... I can live without the Mickey sopas and shampoos (I will bring some that I saved with me and quickly replace the hotel's soap with the Mickey ones)

...I will try to get my husband to practice Mickey's voice and wake me up each morning with a cheerful greeting rather than a Disney Wake up call

...BUT I can not live with out my Tip for Today music!!!!

Please, tell me that the Disney promo stations are on the Swan/Dolphin TVs!!!!

:p

We will be staying at the Dolphin for the first time next month. Wow it feels good to write that:) But, I digress. I do not believe they have the Disney promos on TV. I will miss them also.

We just returned from the last week...YES! The Disney station with the park info IS there. To be honest, when we were in the room, we hardly had the television on...the view from our window was TOO beautiful! But, I do recall seeing that channel and the "Tip for the day" once. Enjoy your trip!

P.S. I posted a trip report on the trip reports board ..."First say at Swan".

I'm a bit confused about the status of the Swan and Dolphin hotels? What is the story with them? Were they once a "official" Disney property and now they are not?

Please inform this curious poster.

Jo

Sorry to chirp in here, but I never stayed at the Dolphin (or Swan), and I think that the "Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da-Tip-for-Today" is soooo anoying. You just hear it once and want to throw the TV out the window.

There's always confusion about the S/D resorts but it's understandable. The S/D ARE ON DISNEY PROPERTY. They are just not owned by Disney. Starwood runs both these hotels and leases the land from Disney. The Swan is actually a Westin hotel and the Dolphin is actually a Sheraton, both of these are part of the Starwood family which does include some other resorts as well.

S/D does include "most" of the perks that WDW resorts do with the exception of the Mickey wake up call and Mickey soaps. But I can tell you they're soaps are very nice, they're honey oatmeal or something like that and many like them nicer than the Mickey soaps.

I recall seeing the Disney promos at both hotels. Can't say I remember the "Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da-Tip-for-Today" but I may not have been paying attention, we don't have the tv on much when we're there.

The S/D are beautiful hotels with excellent CMs and great conveniences. We've stayed at the Swan 5x and just had our first Dolphin stay in May and we loved it. You can walk to EPCOT or MGM or take the boat. There is a fabulous grotto pool or if you prefer they each have their own lap pools as well. Each has several restaurants including a cafe by the lap pool at each. I can go on and on. I highly recommend staying at the S/D. Everyone has their own opinions about them and mine is a very positive one:)

During our February stay, I wrote down the TV line-up. Here it is in order;

NBC, Disney Info(with your tip for today!), PBS, CNBC, CBS, TWC, ABC, UPN, Swan/Dolphin Guest Info, Conv, Fox, Meetings, ESPN, Disney Channel, WB Kids, WTBS, HBO, CNN, TNT.

Actually not a huge selection, however, they have ESPN for DS, & Disney for DD.

Yes...As others have reported...the WDW Channel with all the daily tips and fun info runs 24/7 on a designated channel! We love this too...and find it to be a comforting connection to WDW!
So...go boldly, armed with this knowledge...and ENJOY your STAY!;)

When I saw your post I just had to reply. YES, it plays 24/7, we just love it too! We put it on when we get there and every morning when we get ready it's on. I love that. I really hope you love the Swan/Dolhpin as much as we did. Just keep in mind that the location is one of the best on Disney property. I don't care what ayone says about the rooms, it's the location we were after and with walks to Epcot and boats to MGM and the fun and excitement of the Boardwalk right at your finger tips, I honestly don't know how anyone can say this resort doesn't have a disney feel. Our standard hotel view was of the TOT and Epcot Countries. We have NEVER had such a view at other DIs resorts, and the pool is awsome too. Although we are trying something new this year (only because I want to try ALL Dis resorts) I will sadly miss the Dolohin, it is so far our favorite resort. PS the oatmeal soap is way better than Mickey soap IMHO!!!!

Yes they have the channel but believe it or not my one son kept putting in on the Swan/Dolphin info channel!!!:rolleyes: :) :bounce:

My DD recorded everything in the room on our video camera, even showing the "Tip for the day" on the TV! I love having it recorded and being able to hear the music! We've got quite a long segment showing the hook on the back of the bathroom door filmed too if anyone has any questions about that!!!!

After spending a week at the Swan last year, "Norman the Doorman" on the Swan/Dolphin info channel became our new favorite;)

Just returned from split trip b/w Polynesian and Swan. Not only does the Swan have "Tip for Today", which I also love, but their soap is so much nicer. I hoard the stuff so I can smell my disney experience all year. It's the most fabulous oatmeal soap.

As far as Mickey wake-up calls. While at the Polynesian, I was all psyched to have Mickey wake up the boys. Little one started crying when he heard it. DH thought it was some pervert on the phone. I was so disappointed to find out it wasn't Mickey at all. Stitch (Lilo & Stitch) woke us up. HOW ANNOYING. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have to say the wake-up calls did nothing but make me not want to go. He just screeched into the phone, you couldn't even understand him.

After spending a week at the Swan last year, "Norman the Doorman" on the Swan/Dolphin info channel became our new favorite;)

Norman the Doorman is a family favorite of my family's as well!!! I am trying to find the video on youtube somewhere or something!! Have you seen it anywhere?!

We stayed at the Swan over Thanksgiving, and I never once felt like I wasn't at Disney. We watched the Friendship boats come and go from our room! It was amazing, and I can't wait to go back! We watched Stacy on TV every night while we were winding down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter