ZOOM Airlines?

Scratch42

<font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go
Has anybody heard the good, bad or ugly about this airline?

Am trying to find a cheape way to make our way to Europe and as most of you know, Air Transat is not an Option!

TIA

j

Yes, I know people that have used it and they say it's good! Also, try Canadianaffairs.com and thomascook. My sister is going the end of June early July and we are trying to find her cheap flights to London.

Marilynn

My sister flew them last summer to Europe and said it was a really good experience.

I have flown on both Canadian Affair and Zoom to Europe. Both were great experiences, although CA ranks higher as the flight was 3/4 empty so there was tonnes of room for us to stretch out! The food was good on both, although slightly better on CA. I was slightly overweight with luggage on Zoom (hey - I had sixteen months of stuff to take across the ocean!) and they didn't charge me :) Not sure where you are flying from, but I had to make it to Halifax from Edinburgh. I could have flown out of Glasgow, Manchester or London straight to Halifax but found it cheaper to take an Easy Jet flight to Belfast and fly Belfast to Halifax. You can get Easy Jet flights for about 10GBP so look into lots of options!

Out of curiosity, where abouts are you going? :)

~ Jen

Cnd_Jen said:
I have flown on both Canadian Affair and Zoom to Europe. Both were great experiences, although CA ranks higher as the flight was 3/4 empty so there was tonnes of room for us to stretch out! The food was good on both, although slightly better on CA. I was slightly overweight with luggage on Zoom (hey - I had sixteen months of stuff to take across the ocean!) and they didn't charge me :) Not sure where you are flying from, but I had to make it to Halifax from Edinburgh. I could have flown out of Glasgow, Manchester or London straight to Halifax but found it cheaper to take an Easy Jet flight to Belfast and fly Belfast to Halifax. You can get Easy Jet flights for about 10GBP so look into lots of options!

Out of curiosity, where abouts are you going? :)

~ Jen

Thanks for the info.

Right now, don't know where to fly into.

Will likely fly into Paris so that we can go to DLP and then will need to make our way over to Barcelona.

One thing for sure, will definately have to make it to Barcelona!

j

Janet, when my brother was in Europe a few years ago, he took the overnight train from Paris to Barcelona. He had a Euro Rail Pass, so doesn't know the cost for that portion. He went first class, leaving Paris around 8pm and it was a 12 hour train ride.

Janet

We need to talk!

Which DCL europe cruise are you doing? The 3 of us have been thinking of doing one the spring repo cruise and staying an extra week in spain.

My May cruise we are flying from Italy to London and then back to Canada- (via AirTranst...please explain your hatred for them. Was it when they mess up your MCO flight or is there another problem. :guilty: I knew they weren't the best but now I'm concerned)

The Italy flight to london is booked on Ryanair.com, just like EasyJet, cheap flights within Europe.

Anyone I've known has like Zoom Airline, so I thinks that's good

phone me

MaMudduck said:
Janet

We need to talk!

Which DCL europe cruise are you doing? The 3 of us have been thinking of doing one the spring repo cruise and staying an extra week in spain.

My May cruise we are flying from Italy to London and then back to Canada- (via AirTranst...please explain your hatred for them. Was it when they mess up your MCO flight or is there another problem. :guilty: I knew they weren't the best but now I'm concerned)

The Italy flight to london is booked on Ryanair.com, just like EasyJet, cheap flights within Europe.

Anyone I've known has like Zoom Airline, so I thinks that's good

phone me

I'm booked on the August Repo! Bringing her back home!

Boss won't give me any more time off! :confused3 :confused3

As for Air Transat, it's that incident and plus I watched the show where they had that little problem! DD is afraid of flying as it is!LOL

j

Scratch42 said:
I'm booked on the August Repo!

How? I thought they weren't booking until April 3 or 4th???????

ACK! Did I miss the boat?

No you didn't "miss the boat"- some people are on the waiting list and then it opens to the general public April 4. Which is me included (I'm not on the waiting list)

Janet- I'll see which way Mark wants to go...I just don't like Europe travel in Aug. (EVERY European is on vacation then :crowded: ) and then it hurricane season in Florida :bitelip: - but maybe will be cruise mates- Lauren would love that for sure!

MaMudduck said:
No you didn't "miss the boat"- some people are on the waiting list and then it opens to the general public April 4. Which is me included (I'm not on the waiting list)

Janet- I'll see which way Mark wants to go...I just don't like Europe travel in Aug. (EVERY European is on vacation then :crowded: ) and then it hurricane season in Florida :bitelip: - but maybe will be cruise mates- Lauren would love that for sure!

Don't forget hurricane season starts June 1 and ends Novemer 30!LOL

Yes ~ I was on DCL's waiting list! I'm splurging this time around since I can't take B2B. We're in a Cat 3! :rolleyes: Don't know how DD will handle the Atlantic but this way I will have an area if she can't handle it well!

I'll call you!

j

Scratch42 said:
Don't know how DD will handle the Atlantic but this way I will have an area if she can't handle it well!

I'll call you!

j

I'll let you know what it's like at the end of May when we get back...I think this really ought to test the limits considering this will be our FIRST cruise ever! I figure if we do good on a 17 night TransAtlantic, we'll be able to cruise ANYWhere! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter