Zoom calls

dhutchin12

Mouseketeer
Hi. Has anyone tried to take zoom calls while on the ship using the highest level of their WiFi? Were you successful?

Hi. Has anyone tried to take zoom calls while on the ship using the highest level of their WiFi? Were you successful?
It's not just the level of WiFi, it's also the ship's positioning. I've not done zoom, though I have done video calls and they worked alright. That was in the Caribbean. Your mileage may vary and I honestly wouldn't count on having solid wifi for anything super important because it's spotty.

My work number uses Zoom to ring through to my cell phone Zoom app. It worked well enough on the Fantasy for me to take audio-only calls. I didn't try to do anything with video.

I used both Zoom and another server-based video chat service on the Wish maiden voyage sailing. Both calls were video. The server-based video chat stream only had 2 other people on our call and the connection held up fine. The Zoom call was for an improv audition and there were 8 or 9 other people on the call; I had many moments of lag during the call (which unfortunately tanked my audition).

I don't know if the hindered Zoom performance was due to internet connection, number of people in the video call, or competition with other passengers using the ship's internet. The server-based video call was while the ship was docked at Castaway Cay and few people remained on the ship. The Zoom call was during the pirate night party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter