Zootopia Banana corn dogs

amyg1975

DIS Veteran
Are the banana corn dogs still available at Award Winning Wieners? They were supposed to only last through March 17th, but were still there the following week. We loved them and would like to have them again at the end of this month! :)

I tried them on Sunday (or it, since it's basically a banana cut in half). They were really tasty.

Is it a breaded deep fried banana?
Battered and deep fried, with powdered sugar and chocolate and raspberry sauces. And as PP said, it's 2 pieces, but each is about half of a small banana. There's no cornmeal in the batter, it's basically something you'd get at any fair, they just got creative with the name.

I'm going to go with ewwww.

I love bananas but this sounds unappealing.

I think I'll stick to the frozen chocolate covered bananas from the ice cream carts.

I'm actually a fan of fried. Fried Cheese, Corn Dogs, TatorTots/French Fries Fry Bread

I've just never been able to wrap my head around the fried sugar snack trend. Candy Bars, Oreos, ice cream, Butter....

Some how a banana, in sweet dough, deep fried and sprinkled with sugar and served with a sweet sauce just makes me nauseous.

Plus cooked fruit is not my thing either.

It might be okay if they left off the sugar and sauce.

I wonder how sweet the dough is. Like is it a funnel cake dough which is kind of neutral or is it like pancake dough which is sweet on it's own?

I'm actually a fan of fried. Fried Cheese, Corn Dogs, TatorTots/French Fries Fry Bread

I've just never been able to wrap my head around the fried sugar snack trend. Candy Bars, Oreos, ice cream, Butter....

Some how a banana, in sweet dough, deep fried and sprinkled with sugar and served with a sweet sauce just makes me nauseous.

Plus cooked fruit is not my thing either.

It might be okay if they left off the sugar and sauce.

I wonder how sweet the dough is. Like is it a funnel cake dough which is kind of neutral or is it like pancake dough which is sweet on it's own?
I don't recall the batter being sweet, but if you don't like cooked fruit, this is not for you!

I've been a fan of fried bananas for years! I used to get them on a Chinese buffet and my favorite Thai restaurant has them in the fried food sampler. My husband is completely grossed out at the thought of them! lol We missed trying these last month but hopefully we get them next weekend!

They are sooo good, tiny but delish!

13052574_1698449153755056_1578973733_o.jpg

I've been a fan of fried bananas for years! I used to get them on a Chinese buffet and my favorite Thai restaurant has them in the fried food sampler. My husband is completely grossed out at the thought of them! lol We missed trying these last month but hopefully we get them next weekend!
My local Thai place fries pieces in phyllo dough and drizzles them in honey instead of powdered sugar. I like those better than the DCA version which was greasy and the banana was practically liquid.

They are sooo good, tiny but delish!
Those are really, really tiny. Mine were small, like not even half of a small banana, but not that small.

I didn't find the raspberry sauce to be sweet at all, it was pretty tart. I thought it was overpowered by that fried dough, but I liked it a lot better than the chocolate cause which was just cheap syrup. I'm not a big fan of powered sugar, but I thought that small sprinkling was just enough. As PP said, I didn't find the dough to be sweet. The sweetness is well balanced if you don't eat all the powdered sugar and chocolate syrup. I did have it back in February before it was a Zootopia tie-in, but I think it's the same dish, just re-branded. I wish I had shared it, the oily banana ended up making me feel pretty sick in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter