Zootopia Review

IllinoisJones

Displaying My Ears
Zootopia (2016)
The first few trailers had me thinking this would be a forgetful film. The good reviews had me hopeful. Great movie with an awesome message. The surface story is bunny, Ginnifer Goodwin, works together with fox, Jason Bateman to solve a mystery in the big animal city of Zootopia. The underlying and very human aspect deals with diversity and inclusion and overcoming fears and stereotypes. Director Rich Moore brings the same comedy he brought to Wreck it Ralph, the Simpsons and Futurama while director Byron Howard brings the same heart he brought to Tangled and Bolt. The animation, particularly the backgrounds are spectacular and filled with details. We saw it in IMAX 3D because of scheduling and it was fine. My biggest beef with 3D besides the up charge is the screen dimness but I didn't noticed lack of brightness or muted colors. My 10 year old Son and 7 year old daughter LOVED it! They laughed almost throughout and got the message. High marks for this one! 4 out of 5 roars. Next Disney film up is The Jungle Book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter