Zootopia to Rafiki's planet watch Monsters to DHS

TomServo27

DIS Veteran
Jim Hill mentions on the latest touring plans podcast that Zootopia will be going into Rafiki's Planet Watch. I believe the time frame he said was in two or three years I assume that's when it will get started not be completed.

Also talks about the Monsropolous from Monsters Inc will be taking over everything from One Mans Dream to RR. With RR possibly getting getting rethemed to the long rumored door coaster.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast...sh-with-jim-hill/id452620851?mt=2&i=386667668

Lots of stuff about Nintendo world and Star Wars land in there also. Take for it what's worth just sharing.

I like the idea of Zootopia but having just dumped all the money into Animal Kingdom for the night shows and Pandora I doubt anything will be added there anytime soon and also there is no way disney wants to do anything else with Studios right now because they have half a park under construction and building Monsters Inc. would do no benefits to turnstile clicks that will already skyrocket once toy story and Star Wars lands both open. I think Monsters does have a chance to finally get its ride in Magic Kingdom tomorrowland refurb or in disneys reimagining of future world in Epcot

I like the idea of Zootopia but having just dumped all the money into Animal Kingdom for the night shows and Pandora I doubt anything will be added there anytime soon and also there is no way disney wants to do anything else with Studios right now because they have half a park under construction and building Monsters Inc. would do no benefits to turnstile clicks that will already skyrocket once toy story and Star Wars lands both open. I think Monsters does have a chance to finally get its ride in Magic Kingdom tomorrowland refurb or in disneys reimagining of future world in Epcot
I don't know if any of this will happen but Disney can't sit still because universal is gonna keep stealing market share if they do.

I could see adding Zootopia to Rafiki's Planet watch - though not sure if it really fits with the goal of the area of teaching about caring for animals (guess I don't see how to fit in anthropomophic animals into a very realistic caring for animals area)

The Monster's Inc story though, that sounds like just a huge amount of area to go all the way from One Man's Dream to Rockin Roller Coaster (I am assuming that is what "RR" is) - That would cover One Man's Dream, the Little Mermaid show, the Disney Jr show, Launch Bay, Hollywood Brown Derby, Fairfax quick service, and Rockin Roller Coaster

I could see adding Zootopia to Rafiki's Planet watch - though not sure if it really fits with the goal of the area of teaching about caring for animals (guess I don't see how to fit in anthropomophic animals into a very realistic caring for animals area)

The Monster's Inc story though, that sounds like just a huge amount of area to go all the way from One Man's Dream to Rockin Roller Coaster (I am assuming that is what "RR" is) - That would cover One Man's Dream, the Little Mermaid show, the Disney Jr show, Launch Bay, Hollywood Brown Derby, Fairfax quick service, and Rockin Roller Coaster
Yeah I believe someone mapped it out on wdwmagic and that's roughly 15 acres. I don't see that happening. I know monsters was part of the original plan for DHS but I'm just not sure they are going to quickly add another land after they just built two.

If Disney does some re-theming on RR to make it a "Door" coaster, and brings over Monster's Laugh Floor from MK as well as some restaurants, stores, and meet-and-greets I can see it working! Add in some iconic buildings from Monster's Inc. and Monster's University, actually creating Monstropolis would be awesome!

If Disney does some re-theming on RR to make it a "Door" coaster, and brings over Monster's Laugh Floor from MK as well as some restaurants, stores, and meet-and-greets I can see it working! Add in some iconic buildings from Monster's Inc. and Monster's University, actually creating Monstropolis would be awesome!

If they too Rock n roller coaster and the area around it (sort of behind Rosie's then up to the Launch Bay (but not including it) and use some backstage areas I think it could be cool - I quickly measured it on Google maps and that would be about 7 acres

I think Jim Hill likes to make up poop. Overlaying Rock n Roller Coaster doesn't make any sense. What 5 year old is going to want or be able to ride on that rocket ship? They are scared by the Mine Train and Barnstormer.

I don't think RNR will become Monsters. I could see it becoming Guardians, with the route they took for TOT at DLR. I think Guardians at RNR makes way more sense than replacing TOT or anything at Epcot. I also don't see Monsters going to such a large area, maybe a ride. However, they won't want to spend squat at either DHS or AK for a long time with Pandora, SW, and Toy Story. They are going to need to spend that money at Epcot and possibly MK.

I don't think RNR will become Monsters. I could see it becoming Guardians, with the route they took for TOT at DLR. I think Guardians at RNR makes way more sense than replacing TOT or anything at Epcot. I also don't see Monsters going to such a large area, maybe a ride. However, they won't want to spend squat at either DHS or AK for a long time with Pandora, SW, and Toy Story. They are going to need to spend that money at Epcot and possibly MK.

Yeah, I concur. Guardians seems like the perfect ride overlay for DHS.

But there seems to be a lot of rumors saying it's going to Epcot. I hope it's not true though, even though it is space related I don't think it fits Futureworld at all.

I think Jim Hill likes to make up poop. Overlaying Rock n Roller Coaster doesn't make any sense. What 5 year old is going to want or be able to ride on that rocket ship? They are scared by the Mine Train and Barnstormer.
Exactly.

What's the peak age of interest in monsters inc? Under 10s maybe? Most of those wouldn't reach the height restrictions for RnR!!

It's so ridiculous, it will probably happen!

I think something is going to happen with the animation courtyard area, but I doubt it'll be Monsters Inc

I fully agree if it is just an overlay of the existing attraction - but if it the door coaster concept I would think it would be a drastic change and could be more family friendly

I fully agree if it is just an overlay of the existing attraction - but if it the door coaster concept I would think it would be a drastic change and could be more family friendly

Yeah I believe someone mapped it out on wdwmagic and that's roughly 15 acres. I don't see that happening. I know monsters was part of the original plan for DHS but I'm just not sure they are going to quickly add another land after they just built two.
And yet you were the guy always talking about "Phase 3"! Oh how the times have changed.

Exactly.

What's the peak age of interest in monsters inc? Under 10s maybe? Most of those wouldn't reach the height restrictions for RnR!!

It's so ridiculous, it will probably happen!

To be fair, Monsters Inc was released in 2001. So the "under 10s" who watched it when it came out are able to buy alcohol now. It's gotta be hitting nostalgia status for some of them. They might feel the same way about those pixar movies and my generation feels about The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin.

Plus on average most kids are 48" in height between six and nine years old. My son who is in the 5th percentile on height was 48" in height around nine years old. So, that's kind of a stretch to say "under 10s" wouldn't be able to ride it. Not that all want to do a roller coaster at that age, but if the theming was right they might be more apt to try it.

My 6 year old DD rode RnR last November and loved it. She was so excited she made the height the CMs gave her a few paper FP and she rode it three times in a row. Of course she's been riding TOT since she was 4 so maybe she's a bit of a daredevil:rotfl:

Sounds like Hollywood studios is still going to have an identity crisis after all this work is done too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter