Zumba Anyone

I bought zumba dvds a few years ago but quickly gave up because of how uncorridinated I felt. Recently I have started doing it again, it's stil ackward but is getting better slowly...very slowly lol

I just bought Zumba for the Wii and did it this morning for the first time. I know what you mean when you say it makes you feel uncoordinated. But the lady on the Wii kept telling me I was doing a good job, so I'm coming back for more tomorrow :lmao:

I am so wanting to buy this!! There are some Zumba classes here but finding the time to do them is my problem. I need something during the day because I am so busy with the kids at night. I thought that the game for the wii would be perfect for me.

I would love to hear more about it.

I took my first Zumba class last night!!! To read about it, check out my blog!

http://pumpkintoprincess.blogspot.com/

I may be the odd one here, but I found Zumba fairly easy. I am used to doing Turbo Kick/Jam/Fire workouts, which are much more intense. Zumba was super fun, just not challenging enough for my fitness level...which really suprised me! I guess they were right about high intesnity interval workouts! Would I go again? Absolutly, but only after spending a while on the treadmill.

On a good note, I did my first timed adventure on the treadmill! It took me 14 minutes to go one mile doing a walk run combo of 2 minute runs at 5.5mph and 4 minute walks at 3.5mph. Now to increase distance for the 2012 Princess Half!

I took my first Zumba class last night!!! To read about it, check out my blog!

http://pumpkintoprincess.blogspot.com/

I may be the odd one here, but I found Zumba fairly easy. I am used to doing Turbo Kick/Jam/Fire workouts, which are much more intense. Zumba was super fun, just not challenging enough for my fitness level...which really suprised me! I guess they were right about high intesnity interval workouts! Would I go again? Absolutly, but only after spending a while on the treadmill.

I find that I can up the workout of zumba by adding some bounce to some of the moves. Plus, I have an instructor who loves merengue and samba which are pretty fast, especially samba. If the instructor is mostly doing salsa, it can get a little slow. Try some different instructors before you decide that all zumba is the same. Kind of like pilates. There are some classes that are just glorified yoga and some that make you sweat for a solid hour. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the advise! I will try a different instructor. I don't know the names of any of the dances, LOL. I am also going to try to add some bounce to my steps. The class was so fun! I might also try alternating between Zumba and spin for a greater calorie burn.

I'm so glad to hear that you had success with another instructor. I also read your blog and it's good that you had the same results with spinning. I am an incredibly high energy person, and a lot of instructors just aren't at my level, so when I find one that is, I stick with them. Which is why I am no longer taking pilates. I can't find a replacement for Samantha, who would make us hold planks for 2 minutes at a time! :lmao:

I love Zumba! I do it at the gym 4 times per week (3 regular and 1 Aqua). I do it at home with my 4 year old on the Wii or the regular dvds. I'm thinking of becoming certified as an instructor to teach Zumbatomic for kids.

I also just started the c25k two days ago. I am trying to get healthy again. I used to be a runner 3 kids ago. :rotfl2: So, I'm trying to start again because I want to run a half marathon at Disney next year.

Hopefully between Zumba, C25k, and some strength training, I can reach the goals.

Water Zumba! I have never heard of that! I will have to see if they have it around here. Becomeing certified to teach is a great goal! Good Luck!

Water Zumba! I have never heard of that! I will have to see if they have it around here. Becomeing certified to teach is a great goal! Good Luck!

The official name for it is Aqua Zumba. It is becoming more popular. Easier on the limbs to the extent that you are in a pool (like water aerobics). If you want intensity, the resistance is amazing because of the water. But you can still modify the movements to be high impact or low. It's up to you. The best thing is your body is beneath the water, so if you feel like a clumsy dancer, no one will ever know! :rotfl2:

The instructor stands outside the pool to demonstrate the dance moves while you are doing the same thing in the pool. The music is the same as "regular" zumba-- the pace doesn't change just because you are in the pool.

If you do find a class in your area, don't forget your water shoes. The bottom of the pool is not your best friend when it comes to lateral movements and funky dance moves. :) You can do without them, but it is much easier to move if you have them.

As always, just have fun. :yay:

Water Zumba sounds way cool! I tried one Zumba class and felt much too uncoordinated. I might try it for the Wii, but I recently got Walk it Out and that's much more suitable for the rhythmically challenged. You do it to music (mostly pop hits, and you earn more as you go along); it's basically walking but I add my own moves to make it more intense. It's a little different than Zumba in that it has a game element too, though. You earn "chips" for walking if you stay on the beat. You use to buy more routes, items, etc. I kind of like that vs. just plain walking/dancing.

I just got Zumba for the Wii on Saturday and I love it. It burns like 12 calories a minute for me and it is really fun. I don't know that I will ever get a body like the lady on the cover but I think it will help me get more fit and lose weight.

Anyone try Zumba for Kinect? What do you think? I never have been to a class but looking for something different than the ellipical every day and soemthing to do with DDs.

I LOVE ZUMBA!!!

I've been going 3X/week since September 12...I added Pilates (with the same instructor) in the hour before Zumba 2X/week...it took me a while to work up to that...I don't know my exact starting weight because I was too sad to get on the scale...but I know I've lost over 30 pounds and over 6" all around my torso from shoulders to hips and over 2" around each thigh. EVEN through the holidays...and I don't deprive myself or try to do extreme dieting though I'm trying to eat healthier.

The instructor makes all the difference in the world...I wear a HRM and average a calorie burn of over 800 calories for one hour of Zumba...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!