Zumba

petals

Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
Has anyone tried this. It's a new type of dance exercise and soooooo much fun (when I get to go :()

I LOVE Zumba! I have tried a couple of different instructors in my area and the one I absolutely love is a Latin based one. The other instructors were not Latin based and more Jazzercise with a couple of Zumba moves.

the instructor that does it near me does a ltitle bit of everything. She does latin, lin dancing, salsa, irish dancing the lot it's so much fun :)

Zumba is all about the instructor! The first class I went to, the instructor was a little older (nothing against it, she was my age), and she did more of a jazzercise thing, which is not what I wanted. My instructor now is a 25 year old and she is amazing! We do a lot of samba, which is crazy fast. I also love merengue for the speed, but salsa is my sentimental favorite latin dance.

It is a really fun way to work out. Not for everyone, I am learning. But, I've been going to classes on and off for about 8 years and it's just so high energy! :thumbsup2

Has anyone tried it on Kinect? Was it good? I never tried it but thought about getting it for something different than the ellipical.

I LOVE ZUMBA!

The instructor makes all the difference in the world. The thing is that the teachers are not "certified"...an instructor attends an instructor training class and by doing so becomes licensed to teach Zumba, use the Zumba name, etc...but it isn't like they had to take a test...each instructor brings their own flavor to the class...they can use the music and the choreography provided by Zumba Fitness or they can use their own...or both...

I'll get to learn more about that aspect because I'm taking an instructor training class next week!

I just bought Zumba for the Wii. I know it isn't the same as classes, but it's a start fo.r me. I love it and I can do it with the kids

I love Zumba. Never been to a class, but I do have the dvds. Works up a sweat. I also have it for the kinect. It's ok, but my mother loves it.

I have been wanting to join the Zumba class really bad, my concern is that I won't be able to keep up with everyone. I also have a major knee issue right now but I really want to go and try it out.

I thought maybe I should get it for my Wii first, then if I like it go to the classes. Just not sure.

I just bought Zumba for Wii. Haven't tried it yet but I am really excited about it. One of my co-workers takes classes and she really likes it and she looks great. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

I have been wanting to join the Zumba class really bad, my concern is that I won't be able to keep up with everyone. I also have a major knee issue right now but I really want to go and try it out.

I thought maybe I should get it for my Wii first, then if I like it go to the classes. Just not sure.
If you can find a class that will work for you to attend on zumba.com, I would HIGHLY recommend going to a class. Zumba is designed to be accomodating to everyone. Instructors do vary though. Instructors are licensed not certified, so they can vary greatly one from another.

If I were you, I would look for a couple different classes that would work and get into an email conversation with the instructors. You will be able to get a feel for whether or not they will be able to be more or less helpful for teaching you modifications for your knee. And perhaps will be able to meet with you before class so that you can discuss modifications then.

I am totally sold on Zumba. I am recently licensed and starting to teach my first classes next week. From what I have learned as a part of the instructor network, instructors are very excited about Zumba and get licensed because they love it and want to spread the joy of Zumba to everyone. If I were to get an email from a potential attendee expresses concerns, I would be very responsive. I know others would be also.

Zumba is fab as long as you get the right instructor. The two that I loved stopped doing it in my area and I just haven't been able to find a fab class that fits in with my life since. I did do the instructor training so technically could now start my own classes but I have only done a few classes as staff fitness at work and just amen't ready to start teaching yet as I just don't have the time to learn routines with a full time job and a toddler! Maybe one day!

Definitely try it though and if you don't LOVE it then try another instructor!

mo x

I went to my first class last night the instructor was amazing. I want to be able to move like that.

I realized a few things, I am not as in shape as I thought I was. I have no moves and I con't shake my shimmy with any finesse :scared1:

I loved it and I will be going as much as possible.

I could not keep up, I could not figure out all the moves, I just moved how I could and I tried to follow as best as I can. I think it's going to take a long time to get it but I love the challenge and I am going to master it.

More than once I laughed out loud because I knew that I looked so ridiculous, the nice thing was I didn't really care.

I love me some Zumba!!! It is my favorite type of workout. I agree that the teacher makes the class. I am planning to go for my certification soon. It is one of my weight loss goals!

I LOVE ZUMBA!!!! But I totally agree about the instructor makes the class - at the Y I go to, there are tons of Zumba classes, but the most popular ones are taught by the most awesome instructor, Ken!! Yes, my Zumba instructor is a guy and he can shake it better than any woman I know! lol! His classes are always PACKED while the other classes are lucky if they get 20 people in it - Ken's classes always have 50+ people packed in that little room but we don't care, it awesome and he is the best instructor!! I have really toned down and stuff since I been taking Zumba, its a great workout for the whole body!!!

I love zumba! I used to go all the time but the classes got so crowded that you could barely move. So instead I bought it for the wii! It is fun, and you can get into it without looking like a fish outnof water (in my case, lol). Love it though! I just moved to a different state so I am going to try again soon!

How is the Zumba on the Wii? I was thinking about buying it. I use to dance hip/hop and jazz in high school. Now...I'm the heaviest I've ever been:sad2:
I need something fun and enjoyable to do. I'm sick of being fat! :mad:

I really want to try doing zumba too, it looks like so much fun. But...I have no coordination and 2 left feet, and am def not a dancer so embarrassment keeps me away. I don't want to be "the one" in the class that everyone laughs at because I dance like the girl on the Superstar movie. You know, the SNL nerdy character? I can see the moves, but my body won't duplicate. :laughing:

I really want to try doing zumba too, it looks like so much fun. But...I have no coordination and 2 left feet, and am def not a dancer so embarrassment keeps me away. I don't want to be "the one" in the class that everyone laughs at because I dance like the girl on the Superstar movie. You know, the SNL nerdy character? I can see the moves, but my body won't duplicate. :laughing:

At least at my Zumba class, everyone is so focused on the instructor and what they are doing that nobody looks at anyone else! I'm sure there are some uncoordinated people in the class but I've never noticed, I'm too busy thinking of what I'm supposed to be doing than to look at what someone else is doing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!