‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Edition Debuts in Theaters January 31

Wowzers! Articles are now saying that Frozen Sing Along is the number one ticket seller on Fandango for this weekend, outselling all current and newly opening movies.

Also, the number of theaters carrying the sing along has been raised from 1,000 to 2,000!

Talk is now on for $1 Billion at the box office and it may pass Finding Nemo as the highest take on an original animated movies first run.

The news articles are beginning to run out of adjectives when talking about the continued success of Frozen.

Everyone go this weekend!!

:cheer2:

I took my dds today. We loved it! Although it seemed many of the people there didn't appreciate the kids singing along with the sing along.:confused3 I told my girls that they were just fine singing along....that's why I paid to see it again. Had I wanted a quiet movie then we would have just gone and seen the regular version.

I figured there would be a singalong version but never thought it would be in theaters. I thought it would be on on the DVD/Bluray as a subtitle language option. Last audience participation movie I went to see was Rocky Horror Picture Show. (In my opinion, the best modern day morality play.) When I heard that the singalong was coming out, all I could think of was little Anna singing to the tune of The Time Warp, "Lets build a snowman, again!!!!":rotfl2:

That sing-along added 2 million to give Frozen a $9.3 million dollar weekend and 2nd place over several new movies! That is unheard of! The fourth biggest 10th wide release weekend of all time after Avatar, Titanic, and another movie!

Frozen has been setting the 4th biggest all time for several different weekends. Avatar and Titanic are always 1 and 2, but various movies are number 3. That means Frozen is consistently the highest for these later weekends after Avatar and Titanic. Good company.

Once you start putting films into 3D, Imax 3D and super duper 3D like they did with Avatar, of course box office totals will be inflated. Box office totals don't make a movie good, just means it was popular. And it depends on the audience segment that makes it popular. Truthfully, as popular as Avatar was, did a single one of you dress up as one of those blue creature things that year? No, of course not. But I'm sure you knew one or two geeky Avatar fans that did. Titanic was a good movie. Avatar was awful, juts popular. I also seem to recall that the Nazi party was also fairly popular at one time, for one particular demo.

The only people I saw heading into Frozen Sing-a-long today were moms and their young daughters.

Actually saw Lego Movie today and I truthfully enjoyed that far more than I did Frozen.

Once you start putting films into 3D, Imax 3D and super duper 3D like they did with Avatar, of course box office totals will be inflated. Box office totals don't make a movie good, just means it was popular. And it depends on the audience segment that makes it popular. Truthfully, as popular as Avatar was, did a single one of you dress up as one of those blue creature things that year? No, of course not. But I'm sure you knew one or two geeky Avatar fans that did. Titanic was a good movie. Avatar was awful, juts popular. I also seem to recall that the Nazi party was also fairly popular at one time, for one particular demo.

The only people I saw heading into Frozen Sing-a-long today were moms and their young daughters.

Actually saw Lego Movie today and I truthfully enjoyed that far more than I did Frozen.

Glad to hear about Lego. I have heard good things about it and it is going to make over $60 million this weekend! Frozen by the way is going to be in 4th place with over $6 million. An unprecedented feat. It is now over $900 million world wide and is probably going to break $1 billion! THAT is a good movie. :)

Even adjusting for inflation and 3D, Frozen is extremely successful and so was Avatar. And almost all the current showings of Frozen, including the sing-along, are in 2D.

Everything in entertainment is in the eye of the beholder. Every movie ever made is considered good by somebody, and bad by somebody else. The way to tell if a movie is good or bad is to see how many people pay money to watch it and "like" it. If someone says a movie is good and the vast majority hate it and don't go see it, I would doubt it is good, even if the someone was me. There are good movies I hate and bad movies I like. The fact that you think it is bad doesn't make it so for anyone but you. From the business of entertainment, Avatar was most definitely a good movie. And many people and critics said so. Same with Frozen. In the final analysis good is measured in $ when it comes to movies. BTW I went to the non-sing-along the other weekend and it was packed with some kids and a fair number of older people. Frozen is popular among all age groups and genders.

Everything in entertainment is in the eye of the beholder. Every movie ever made is considered good by somebody, and bad by somebody else. The way to tell if a movie is good or bad is to see how many people pay money to watch it and "like" it. If someone says a movie is good and the vast majority hate it and don't go see it, I would doubt it is good, even if the someone was me. There are good movies I hate and bad movies I like. The fact that you think it is bad doesn't make it so for anyone but you. From the business of entertainment, Avatar was most definitely a good movie. And many people and critics said so. Same with Frozen. In the final analysis good is measured in $ when it comes to movies. BTW I went to the non-sing-along the other weekend and it was packed with some kids and a fair number of older people. Frozen is popular among all age groups and genders.

Oh trust me... there are TONS of bad films I enjoy. And some that were marginal successes at the box office that I love. As you said, it's all about taste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter