“General Inquiry to Home Owners” question

RedSox1974

Mouseketeer
My question is:

What is the proper etiquette when sending a general inquiry to home (villa, townhome or condo) owners, when the goal (to be very blunt) is to get the best “dirt cheap rate” available.

We are looking for a very inexpensive rental for early December ( 1st – 11th) 2008.

We (self, DW, DS-13, DS-8, and nephew-13) have been planning what was already going to be a “budget trip” for these dates since 2006. We do have some money set aside.

In November 2007, a member of our family had unexpectedly lost their job in a permanent layoff. We are trying to determine whether we can cut additional corners and still be able to go, or if we will need to cancel or postpone our trip. :sad1:

1.) Would we likely get a better deal by reserving a home (villa, townhome or condo) now, 11 months in advance, or by waiting for a last minute deal?

2.) Would it offend home owners by stating in my inquiry that the financial aspect would be the most determining factor? (Of course whatever home offered more amenities for a competitive price could sway us as well)

Please understand, we have previously taken 2 prior trips to WDW, and have stayed offsite in beautiful homes both times, when cost was not a large factor for us. I have the utmost respect for home owners and the cost associated with maintaining their homes.

So, I must admit that I feel torn. On one hand, I feel I should be able to get the most bang for my buck and shop around for the best deal without guilt. But, I also cannot help but feel the beggar when I’m looking for the most amenities for the cheapest price in a general inquiry.

Any thoughts, advice or suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance….

Just state that price is more important than amenities. You're looking at a "low" rate season so you should already be getting low prices. If you want even lower prices then look at the resorts that are out on 27 in towns like Clermont and Davenport, they already are lower due to being 20-30 mins away from the parks, and should offer even lower rates at that time of year!

I would state your exact price and then let the owners who are intersted in taking the price give you an answer.

Thank you all for tips, suggestions and advice.

We have been given a quote of $637 for 10 nights (includes all taxes and fees) for a 3 bedroom condo in Windsor Palms.

Though it sounds almost too good to be true, it is a relief to find something that meets our budget, and means we will not have to cancel or postpone our trip. :goodvibes

Thank you all for tips, suggestions and advice.

We have been given a quote of $637 for 10 nights (includes all taxes and fees) for a 3 bedroom condo in Windsor Palms.

Though it sounds almost too good to be true, it is a relief to find something that meets our budget, and means we will not have to cancel or postpone our trip. :goodvibes

Have a great vacation and let us all know how things went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter